iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Dreams

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dreams
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I have been having some epic dreams. Last night I dreamt that my cousin, who was killed 20 years ago in the SCUD missle attack in the Gulf War, was not dead but had been hiding out all of those years. The whole thing seemed ethereal to me. We were walking together, and we ended up in our church where his funeral had been held. A band was playing and there were tons of people there (weird, huh, since this is a Roman Catholic church where none of that nonsense would actually take place in the proper church, but in a hall). I am having trouble remembering the rest of the dream, but it seemed to go on forever. Maybe he was trying to tell me that he is at peace. I don't know. They actually had a memorial ceremony last week for the 13 people who were killed in the attack, but I did not attend. I just get too upset thinking about it, and I would have been a mess. Wow, thanks for just letting me vent here.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry to hear, pitts. it's crazy how dreams can effect us. perhaps your dream was a result of you not attending.

i never know what to make of my dreams because i dream every single night, all night long, it seems.

my mind races before bed, so i know it's due to me thinking way too much. your dream seems very distinct. i can hardly ever remember what my dreams are, because the scenarios jump around and i have no idea what's going on half the time.

i have never seen a deceased loved one in my dreams. if i ever did, i would hope they are peaceful ones... or that i can remember after waking up. those are the dreams i would love to dream... not the confusing ball of mysteries i dream up. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine have been strange lately too. It's like I dream all night long, in one continuous dream. One of my most vivid recent ones invovled me working at a sumnmer camp where a serial killer had been, and the serial killer returned. Can we say watches too much TV?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty, lmao, that sounds like one of your horror movies! I watch way too much tv and movies too.
Ronnie, this is the first time I've had a dream with a deceased loved one since I was a teenager-I dreamt about my Grandfather who had passed away when I was 12.
In this dream with my cousin, I remember us walking, but we weren't actually walking. It was like we were gliding or floating. Crazy, huh? And we sat down and I remember him talking to me and holding my hand. I think he just wanted to let me know he is at peace now after dying in such a violent way.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dreams are weird. a few nights ago i had a dream where i broke into a strangers house and then sat down in their lazy boy and proceeded to watch their tv, it was a old console one with the knob you had to turn in order to go to another channel. i watched hill street blues, st eleswhere, and cheers. then i got hungry went into the kitchen and they had nothing but reeces products stacked high and deep in every cupboard. I loaded up with as many nut rageous bars, regular sized cups and mini cups as i could and started to head for the door, fireworks were exploding in the sky, i locked the door behind me and started halfway down the street when i realized somewhere in all of this i had taken my pants off and left them there, with my wallet and id inside. as i started back towards the house the owners pulled their car into the driveway.
the lesson of the dream i have no clue, but as good as that candy it wasnt worth losing my wallet and a good pair of pants over.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it odd how we talk about our 'dreams' for the future, but we mean 'hopes' / 'ambitions'.

If we actually talked about our 'dreams' for (of) the future, none of us would make sense!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In dreams I walk with you, in dreams I talk to you  -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
In dreams I walk with you, in dreams I talk to you  -

You never cease to amaze me, Helen!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candy-colored Clown. Play it.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One dream I'll never forget was one I had about 8 years ago. In the dream, I was walking at night in the town I live in now, and for some reason, came up behind some unknown woman in Baker St (ironically the street I now work in) and stabbed her. I have no idea who she was, and even now I don't know who she was meant to represent.

She died.

I didn't wake up from the dream then either. I just calmly walked away, watched the story on the news and was never suspected. So basically in my dream, I got away with murder.

When I did wake up, I was physically sick. Even though I know it's a dream, I felt so sick and guilty for what happened that it shook me to the core and left me a nervous wreck for days. Obviously even now, it's something that still reverberates within me. I can't imagine what it must feel like in real life to do something like that, and it's something I know I'll never experience.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what would have been creepy stitch is if you actually seen that woman in reality, and she says to you dont i know you?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I keep having a recurring theme in my dreams about once a month. I end up in this small town not far from where I live- I actually have two friends who live there now. And I end up on this dead end street along a row of cottages with a stream behind them. Don't I wish I had a little place like that to go get some peace and quiet sometimes.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Don't I wish I had a little place like that to go get some peace and quiet sometimes.
Word Pittsburghgoil, word.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had dreams of me with a girl who I went to high school with and who was killed along with a friend in a car crash by a drunk driver.

In them, we are boyfriend and girlfriend.

We are at high school, her house, with her friends and at a party.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dream where Valley tampered with the All time top 20 movie poll [Razz] and then I realised it wasn't a dream. Freaky stuff.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
alot of the dreams on here are pretty heavy. i am always dreaming insane things, like being chased by a giant foot, or my brother's in drag and we just robbed a bank.
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would consider that dream a visit. I had one about a close friend (of 22 years) that crossed over 4 years ago (4/19/07). We were in a room filled with bright light-though I didn't need to squint to see, and she was so happy I could physically feel it.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I dream, something is always chasing me, but I cant run. It's like I cant get my feet to move properly or something. My daughter those, she has some crazy dreams. And she sleep walks. So she tends to yell crazy things at me in the middle of the night. The last one, apparently I ate the of the strawberries and she was upset. She was pointing her finger and me going "you...you ate them all and didn't share" She was mad. I picked up new berries at the market the next chance I got!!!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in the air this last week in different ways. First I was in a blimp, then I floated up just by holding a balloon and last night I was in a small plane.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have dreams that I'm flying...it's so strange, I'll just be walking down a street and then all of a sudden I will be floating up into the sky.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Whenever I dream, something is always chasing me, but I cant run. It's like I cant get my feet to move properly or something. My daughter those, she has some crazy dreams. And she sleep walks. So she tends to yell crazy things at me in the middle of the night. The last one, apparently I ate the of the strawberries and she was upset. She was pointing her finger and me going "you...you ate them all and didn't share" She was mad. I picked up new berries at the market the next chance I got!!!
That's actually quite scary!

quote:
I always have dreams that I'm flying...it's so strange, I'll just be walking down a street and then all of a sudden I will be floating up into the sky.
Floating dreams! I have those. In them I can usually 'bounce' really high.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had flying/floating dreams since I was a kid. I used to love them and they were the most vivid type of dreams I have ever had. I wish I could summon these type of dreams again.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I don't know what I'd done but I'd been arrested and something was wrong with me so I was up on the top floor of a hospital handcuffed to the bed lol. Somehow I escaped and was going down the floors through airshafts, but when I got to the ground floor they got me there and chained me again  - *******s [Frown]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
they sound quite persistant

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home