iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Who Had the Best Bedroom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who Had the Best Bedroom
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of the 80's movies had scenes in character's bedrooms. whose do you think looked the best?

one good example to start this thing off, tommy jarvis(corey feldman) on friday the 13th part 4, had a entire bookcase full of self made monster heads. i always thought that was pretty cool, that and i wanted a room that looked like peltzer's on gremlins (zack galligan)

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent topic GP. Buddy from Just One of the Guys was pretty good.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I thought of that one too. if you stop to think about it there are lot to choose from.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's a TV show but I always liked Willis and Arnold's bedroom on Diff'rent Strokes.

For a movie Ferris Bueller's room was pretty cool. As in he had all the equipment and it's awesomely decorated too with 80's posters etc.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
I know it's a TV show but I always liked Willis and Arnold's bedroom on Diff'rent Strokes.

For a movie Ferris Bueller's room was pretty cool. As in he had all the equipment and it's awesomely decorated too with 80's posters etc.

Yes it was. Didnt they have a private stairway or something to the kitchen?

I would also like to add another to the list....Sloth from the Goonies had a nice spread.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love your sense of humour dude.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferris´ room is one of the coolest, definitely.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Aside from the IMSAI 8080(a clone of the Altair 8800), David, also had a traditional dartboard on his door.  -

You don't get much "cooler" than that...

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferris's room takes some beating, but (I know, Valley, I know...) I have to point out the two really cool bedrooms in Some Kind Of Wonderful. Keiths room was full of his music collection, and his art stufdies. He'd painted one wall in a mural of an old building with columns and everything, and it looked really cool. And Watts' room had Sex Pistols and other band posters all over the place, and her drums set up permanently.

Two unique rooms that were perfect for their occupants.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Arthur Bach - Thread closed!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quick question,in the movie the legend of billie jean did keith gordon have a waterslide going from his bedroom or was it from another room in his house.

it wasn't that long ago i watched it,just that i can't remember at this moment in time if it did or not and i'm being to lazy to go and check it out.

i will check it out during the week but if someone can tell me in the mean time it would be great.

waterslide from your bedroom now that would be the ultimate,well it would be if you lived somewhere warm like california or australia and not somewhere where like i do where it seems like it barely gets above freezing half the time!

just think i could get up in the morning go down the slide and have a nice,no make that ice - bath [Big Grin]

[ 07. April 2013, 16:12: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

That spoiled brat in The TOY had some cool stuff in his room. Asteroids in your room, are you kidding me!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
makes me think of lampoon's vacation.

Rusty Griswold: Hey, ya' got Pac Man?

Cousin Dale: No.

Rusty Griswold: Ya' got Space Invaders?

Cousin Dale: Nope.

Rusty Griswold: Ya' got Asteroids?

Cousin Dale: Naw, but my dad does. Can't even sit on the toilet some days.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Young Warrior..... I had Leg Of Billie Jean on with the volume down so not sure if it was mentioned on the movie if the room with the slide was his bedroom but it looked like a media room possibly.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers terd I thought it might have been a different room,I still haven't got round to checking it out,it's a great movie,I'll have to grab it of my shelf again for another proper viewing.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Donna Wilkes/Angel's room in "ANGEL"- reminds me of my bedroom from the 80s- with the white canopy bed and purple walls.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to have to check that one out. Liked Jenny Wright's bedroom in Out of Bounds. Great styles and fashions.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost watched Out of Bounds last night! Seriously...I am watching it tomorrow night for sure...ran out of time last night...but I love her whole apartment in that movie. [Wink]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are gonna love this.

Full analysis of different bedrooms from several of the most beloved movies of the 80's.. Go check it out :

www.brandedinthe80s.com/awesome-80s-bedrooms

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link! I watched Princess Bride couple of months ago and my son (5 years) happened to be in the room and he said:
" Hey, there´s my MoTU He-Man, Battle Cat and Leech action figures on that boys shelf!" I had to press pause many times, how funny is that [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home