iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Games and Toys of the Past

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Games and Toys of the Past
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PHOTON - alot of fun

SIMON - do they still have this?

i encourage you all to post with some of your favorites

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of those two sorry but maybe in Australia we only get the reject stuff.

Scalectrix - racing cars. I had a ridiculous amount of this stuff as a kid.

Rubik's Cube - I still have a brand new one in the display box, never opened.

Jet Hopper - I had one of these until some other kid put a steel bull bar on his suped up remote control car and T-boned mine.

Smurf figurines - I only got 3 left but my mate has hundreds.

Totem tennis - long gone, who knows what happened to that.

Trivial pursuit '86 edition genus - questions are impossible.

Tiddlywinks

I had shotgun cap guns. They were awesome.

My mate still has a rubber band gun that he bought in the 80's and still uses it regularly to shoot flies in the lounge room. He's a crack shot. This is the same guy who has the smurfs.

Marbles - still have a small collection, of a once great society.

All I can think of for now, but will add more as discussion opens up a bit.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawn Darts with the metal tips

i dont know when they stopped making them that way, but man did i stayed amused many a afternoon in the backyard

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Popoids:
 -

I used to have hours of fun playing with these things..Sure, Legos were still better..but these things were a hoot too. [Cool]

[ 04. July 2011, 13:12: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently got a Merlin at a yard sale for $1...came with the box, which was a bit beat up, but also had the instructions. I didn't have one as a kid, but remember some friends having one. Put the batteries in and it works like a charm. I like having little pieces of 80's history...brings back good memories....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
pyro, i completly forgot about those until you posted this, you ever have a lot of long forgotten memories shoot back into your head all at once.

how could i forget about these

johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember being in kindergarten and wanting the "Mickey Mouse Talking Telephone". I was thoroughly convinced that the Disney characters were really there and ready for a conversation !!! Ah to be young again...
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trouble in addition to Double Trouble.

I would play the former when I was at primary school.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
Popoids:
 -

I used to have hours of fun playing with these things..Sure, Legos were still better..but these things were a hoot too. [Cool]

what the hell is this Pyro???
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just another marketing ploy to mold 80's kids into future engineers Willy..lol.

Here's the old commercial, should give you a better idea of how easily amused us kids were in the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aw46UoMlK8

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computer Battleship to say nothing of It's A Knockout.

I can recollect the commercials for the former.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
SIMON - do they still have this?

It would appear that they are still available.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
how about doorways to adventure, the vcr board game, how many people have played it and enjoyed it?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great find Kevdog especially with the box and Instructions, I would love to own a Merlin.

How about the Mattel sports games. I still own my Mattel Footbal II from the late 70's.
 -
 -

A happy owner of an original Simon in the box and a handheld. I saw a SuperSimon the other day, I do not remember them, it was the 1st I ever saw.
A similar game was what I had as a kid called EINSTEIN.

Rubiks Cube Snake
 -

Anyone remember the handheld Redline drag race game by kenner?

[ 12. July 2012, 18:48: Message edited by: gotta go back ]

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some greats:

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home