iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » About song.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: About song....
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No chance to retrieve that old tape?The tune sure sounds very familiar to me,and i have been googling around a lot tonight.No luck however..Hope you find out.
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for zivija   Email zivija   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, tape was re-recorded, and I lost this song after few listening....

Thanx for trying!

Posts: 23 | From: Serbia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you record it from the radio in 1989 or 1990?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for zivija   Email zivija   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I recorded it from the radio, it could be from 1988. to 1990. not later.

Thanx!!!

Posts: 23 | From: Serbia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still the song might as well be from long before 1988. The only thing we know for sure is that it hasn’t been recorded after 1991.
What’s weird is that you haven’t heard it again ever since. So it probably wasn’t a big hit.

Here’s another not so well known ballad from 1990 with sax intro:

Skipper Wise - Standing Outside in the Rain

Again the lyrics don't match though...

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Yes, the song may be older, but I think it was not older than 80's. Maybe this song was not so popular, but it is pretty similar to this great songs You find. Some of them I never heard before.

Thanx!!!

[ 30. October 2008, 06:19: Message edited by: zivija ]

TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zivija, I spent all evening looking for that song of yours, but couldn’t find it.
Very frustrating… It all sounds so familiar and yet I have not the slightest idea who it might be. Have you tried exploring Richard Marx's repertoire yet? He also had a couple of ballads in the late 80's.

If you should ever find it, it would be nice to let us know. Best of luck!

P.S. In the meantime I keep my ears wide open. [Wink]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Thanx TKO, I will try to explore Richard Marx. By the way, all this songs have similar atmosphere like this one I am searching for.
Of course, if I ever find it, I will let You know.

Thanx!!!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TKO beat me to it. I was going to say try these:

Youtube Hold On To The Nights

Youtube Right Here Waiting

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Bryan Adams's "Somebody" ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJQAlaj64-U

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Thanx Logan & Isis, but they are not either.

Here is me singing it when I was a kid, I ripped this from the tape. Probably, You will not understand words (I don't know english at that time), but maybe someone will recognize rhythm, and some words: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oc0sda

Thanx!!!

[ 04. November 2008, 02:24: Message edited by: zivija ]

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't able to listen to this thread, but my guesses are:
* Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
* Careless Whisper - George Michael
* Hungry Eyes - Eric carmen (Noy even sure if there is sax)
* Nothing's gonna change My Love for You - Glen Medeiros

Likely not any of these, But I had to try. good luck.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
This might be it zivija. I hope so, cause now your quest is becoming an obsession for me also, haha. [Wink]

No sax though, but check out those lyrics…

Chicago - Niagara Falls

Baby, so you think you can start again?
You got somebody new,
But the same thing keeps happening.
At the moment of truth,
Whoever you're loving,
You will be thinking of me.

CHORUS:
As long as Niagara falls,
As long as Gibraltar stands,
Till hell freezes over
I'll always be your man.

Tell me, when you're there
lying by his side.
Do you make him believe
all your needs have been
satisfied?
Does he know that your
heart is taken forever?
Girl, you will always be mine.

CHORUS

Time can't erase
What you feel in your heart
You can't replace the love
No, it doesn't matter how hard you try.
Girl, you're gonna miss
my loving till the day
you die.

Till hell freezes over

CHORUS

Alternate Chorus:
As long as Niagara falls,
Until the end of time,
Till hell freezes over,
You are forever mine

CHORUS

zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
TKO, be sure there is no words to say thank You, THAT IS IT!!!! I know it at the moment I saw lyrics. Somehow, I thought there is sax on the begining, and that song is little slower, but no dubt, that's it.

So now, after almost 20 years of searching, thanx to You the result is finally here.

Thanx to all You people trying to help me, be sure it is highly appreciated. Thanx to this site, and great community!

Thanx!!!!!

TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
You’re more than welcome. It’s a good song by the way.

Stick around!

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done TKO [Cool] I have a few albums of Chicago and should really know this [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a great song. I love Chicago. The problem with me and lyrics is, I am usually listening to the music itself more than the words....especially the guitar parts. It's a habit of mine because I play guitar.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Hello!

After successfully found song I searched for (thanx to all of You), I transfered some instrumentals from Audio tapes, and I need help to identify them. All I know, that one of these is Jan Hammer, but I can't find name of the instrumental.

I zipped them and upload them here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?za0703m0drru2mu

Thanx a lot!!!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing! I've been holding your drink here for two years! You said you'd be back in five minutes!

All I know is this:

'Sound 2' is a dance medley with (from what I could pick up) 'Baker Street' / 'Ruby Tuesday' / 'Don't You Want Me' / 'Paint it Black' / 'Layla'.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
Thanx for answer!

This medley seems to be this one: http://www.discogs.com/London-Symphony-Orchestra-The--Royal-Choral-Society-The--Royal-Philharmonic-Orchestra-Best-Of-Classi/release/526155

It is called "Classic Rock Classics (Medley)" by The London Symphony Orchestra. I can't find it online to listen.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home