iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » I saw Motley Crue in concert!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I saw Motley Crue in concert!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wanting to post about this for a while now. Well, on Valentine's Day I got to see the Crue's Carnival of Sins Tour! It was honestly the best concert I've ever seen and I've been to many shows in my day.

The stage set up was awesome and the carnival theme was outrageous! I loved it! Between the thunderous music, pyro and crazed audience, it was just so much fun! The band was very enthusiastic and interactive with the crowd and that really got everyone amped up. They seemed genuinely happy to be there rocking out after all these years. They looked great, especially Nikki Sixx (damn, he is soooo hot!!!!) and they sounded tight! They played all the hits and maybe 2 newer songs. It was the kind of thing where you weren't bored for a second. I guess the element of strippers, midgets and a camcorder sequence where women in the crowd were persuaded to flash their "girls" kept the night moving!

It was insane and I was loving every minute of it!! I couldn't think of a better way to spend Valentine's Day [Razz] ! Here's a pic of Nikki just because I want to post it.
 -

[ 26. February 2006, 21:32: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed on all accounts. Carnival of Sins was by far the best concert ever. The Pyro, the fire, the lights, the fire breathing midget, the strippers, the tittie cam etc etc etc. The band played for two and a half hours and time just flew by because they kept you occupied the whole time. Plus I got drenched from head to toe in Motley Blood. I'd like to go on April 1 in Sioux Falls and see them again but don't think I'll be able to swing it. The DVD for the tour is awesome too and it depicts the whole atmosphere of the concert to a T.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crue show was the best show I saw last year (and that includes Ozzfest with Iron Maiden). The stage setup was awesome. We also got to go backstage and got to meet Vince, Nikki, Tommy, and Mick. They were all really nice. If they come close again, I'm plunging for more good seats. It's definitely worth it!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh it's good to see some people enjoyed the show. I went to see them last year, the day that Hurricane Katrina hit the south, and we got pummelled with rain. I mean torrential downpour. The show sucked, they were totally not into it. Even though we had seats in the pavillion, we got soaked going into the show, and even more completely drenched leaving the show. My friend had driven us there and picked us up. I felt so bad that her seats got all wet. I could literally wring out all of my clothes and still be soaking. They did not do the pyro, no midgets and there were just two girls swinging around on ropes. Tommy Lee's drum solo sucked- what happened to him playing normal drums? The band was miserable- they should have rescheduled the show, but no, I guess the greed got in their way, since I had already paid $85 for each ticket. I won't go see them again, and I've seen them 4 other times, and they put on a great show any other time. They really screwed over Pittsburgh with that kind of show, after we heard all of the hype for 6 months prior to our show.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God eightieschick, that sucks! I'm sorry you had such a terrible time [Frown] . I would have taken you with me on V-Day to right the wrong.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cindi, I'm assuming you saw them in Wilkes-Barre, PA. I would have come had I known! I'm just really disappointed with them. I assume it would be a better show indoors too, they wouldn't have to worry about the daylight interfering with the lights and pyro. [Cool]
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any of you fellow rewinders have Charter for their cable provider, I saw that they are showing one if the concerts sometime in March, not sure of exactly when tho.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Yep eightieschick, good old Wilkes-Barre. Do you ever get out this way? It could have been an even more rocking time with us Rewinders getting together! You should PM me sometime and we can chat. You are practically a neighbor...haha [Smile] !
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crue are heavily rumoured to ber the Headlining Act on the Friday of this year's Download festival...**** YES!!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Yep eightieschick, good old Wilkes-Barre. Do you ever get out this way? It could have been an even more rocking time with us Rewinders getting together! You should PM me sometime and we can chat. You are practically a neighbor...haha [Smile] !

I have never been to Wilkes-Barre. I don't know anyone there, so I guess that's why! How far is it from the Poconoes? My friends and I may be taking a trip there sometime, as her mother has a condo time-share there. Then we will go up to NYC for a couple of days. I don't know when we will be doing this though. I'll let ya know.
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

quote:
Originally posted by Richie:
If any of you fellow rewinders have Charter for their cable provider, I saw that they are showing one if the concerts sometime in March, not sure of exactly when tho.

Thanks Richie. I have the worst cable company, with the crappiest stations-Comcast. So I'm sure that I won't be seeing it here.
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my one chance to see motley was last summer...i actually had tickets and was all siked to go...but my sister ended up in the hospital:/
ive been a motley fan since birth, i still blast my live wire cd on my way to work every day hehehe:))))

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Angel, I've been singing Live Wire for days now..."Cause I’m hot, young, running free
a little bit better than I use to be, cause I'm alive!" Gotta love it!

Eightieschick, the Pocono's are about 35 minutes away. Be in touch!

AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no lol....
cindy...last week that was stuck in my head all week long....now its back hahaha
cus im a live! live wireeeeeeeeeeeeee [Big Grin]

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by That's Mister Noms to you...:
The Crue are heavily rumoured to ber the Headlining Act on the Friday of this year's Download festival...**** YES!!!!

Noms [Cool]

Got room for a mate to join you and the shorty?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just heard that Tool are headlining Friday which leaves the Crue out... [Frown]

Maybe next year...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They broadcast a US show from the Crue tour on UK TV at the weekend. I taped it, and haven't watched it all yet, but I did see "Looks That Kill", "Too Young To Fall In Love" and "Girls Girls Girls". Seemed pretty good......even if Mick Mars does now look about 300! [Eek!] [Wink]
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Mick Mars is a God in my book. With the body of his in a continual degenerating state he still knows how to rock and truly loves his fans. According to some people who saw the Crue a few times during the latest tour they said that Mick was a lot more mobile for the show I saw compared to the others so that was pretty cool. Just hope he has another album or two left in the gas tank and hopefully one more tour.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always felt that Mick Mars hasn't gotten enough recognition for his awesome guitar skills. For someone to be in that kind of pain and still be that amazing at guitar is beyond me...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Yes that's correct Sam, Mick was looking really well at my show. He didn't look as fragile as I expected him to and he was moving around with ease. I was so happy to see that [Smile] ! Rock on Mick!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home