iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 10:15 on a Saturday night.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10:15 on a Saturday night.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, I know what some of you are thinking, this Cure song was released in 1979, second of all, I would post it on the 70's link, but hardly anyone would read it. Third of all, the Cure were much more of an 80's band than a 70's band, that's for sure.

I'm a huge Cure fan, they are my favorite group, and for some weird reason, I have been playing this song around the said time in the song the past few weeks. Anyone else have some weird tradition like this? Like when it's January the first, do you feel compelled to crank U2's New Years day or something?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Riptide, I'm a huge Cure fan as well. "10:15 on Saturday night" is great song. My favorite Cure song is "Pictures Of You" because I love the lyrics.

I've been looking so long at these pictures of you
That I almost believe that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you
That I almost believe that the pictures are
All I can feel

I've seen The Cure in concert twice and enjoy the diversity of their music.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That picture song reminds me of all the Prince pictures I have on my laptop... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you all thought I was a huge Valley Girl fan. [Razz]

Nothing Compares To You! Wait Prince only wrote that song, he didn't sing it or did he do a duet with someone? Does that still count Mouse Avenger?

By the way, have you met The 80's Avenger yet?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see some other Cure fans here too. 89's Disintegration album was a high school touchstone album for me. So much good material on it like Pictures of You, Fascination Street and the title track. They are the group I have the most cd's of, bootlegs, remixes, whatever. Those Rhino cd re-releases of their first four album released this year were awesome too. I could only wish I have seen them in concert. The Cure, Psych Furs, Siouxsie and the Banshees and New Order sadly are bands I have yet to see, and they are getting long in the tooth.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
And you all thought I was a huge Valley Girl fan. [Razz]

Nothing Compares To You! Wait Prince only wrote that song, he didn't sing it or did he do a duet with someone? Does that still count Mouse Avenger?

By the way, have you met The 80's Avenger yet?

1. I love "Nothing Compares 2 U"! [Big Grin] And did you know that first Prince wrote it for The Family, then Sinead O'Connor performed it, & then HE (wink-wink!)sang it with Rosie Gaines.

2. Can't say I've met him.

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cure is awesome....one of my favs...Jumping Someone Elses Train
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home