iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What long lost videos from the 80's do you want to see again?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What long lost videos from the 80's do you want to see again?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was watching Tv tonight, and was shocked to see two videos i hadn't seen since the 80s. Cyndi Lauper's Good enough Goonies theme, and Lovia newton John's twist of Fate. I don't recall seeing them since they came out.

Other video that would be nice to see again

The Fall-Rowche Rumble
Lords of the New Church-Open your eyes
OMD-Electricity
Martika-I love you more than you know
Martika-Love thy will be done

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Was watching Tv tonight, and was shocked to see two videos i hadn't seen since the 80s. Cyndi Lauper's Good enough Goonies theme, and Lovia newton John's twist of Fate. I don't recall seeing them since they came out.

Other video that would be nice to see again

The Fall-Rowche Rumble
Lords of the New Church-Open your eyes
OMD-Electricity
Martika-I love you more than you know
Martika-Love thy will be done

I think that last one came from the 1991 album "Martika's Kitchen", so it doesn't count as an 80s video.

Anyway, there are plenty of videos I would love to see again and I would've done so if that (bleep) from the Freestyle Music Videos website hadn't stiffed me.

I spent 600 dollars on a 250 music video compilation last November and now here we are and I still haven't gotten the videos.

I don't think I ever will, though. I found an auction website (not eBay) where the website's owner was selling a huge batch of tapes and DVDs with rare videos for 3000 dollars.

That owner's a (bleep)ing (bleep).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, you spent $600 for videos? That's really a shame, not even getting them. I hope e-bay kicks that loser off for good. I bought a video compilation on e-bay once, but I received it. It's nice to get a batch of video's with not well known artists, because they offer a bunch of surprises. As for Martika, I reckoned it might have been a 90's song. Ooops. There are a few mixed DVD 80's compilations, but they they are few and far between, and most of them are really popular, frequently seen videos.

Some others I would like to see are:

MC Shan-The Bridge
Strawberry Switchblade-Since Yesterday.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One that I would like to see:

"Give It Up" (1983) by KC (of Sunshine Band fame)

According to KC's website, the video is not available anywhere, probably for licensing rights reasons. He said that he would love to have it released to the public, but it's really out of hands, for legal reasons.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That's interesting, didn't think KC made 80's videos. I seriously wonder how many more lost videos are out there. There's some obscure alternative groups from the 80's who I wonder if they made videos like Medium Medium, Wild Swans, the Telescopes and Danse Society.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Boys Boys Boys" by Sabrina.

Sabrina was an Italian "singer", and the only reason I want to see the clip again is because she spends 3 and a half minutes jumping up and down in a swimming pool while fruitlessly attempting to stop her bikini top from falling down.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I want to see Herb Alpert's Diamonds are a Girls best friend featuring Janet Jackson. Some Pebbles videos would be nice too.
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First We Take Manhatten by Leonard Cohen
Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a cool topic!..Here are some of the videos from '80s i so long hope to record one day...

ALPHAVILLE's "Forever Young"
TALK TALK "It's My Life"
THE FIX "SAVED BY ZERO"
TEARS FOR FEARS "Sowing The Seeds Of Love"
INXS (Kiss The Dirt) "Falling Down A Mountain"
SIPMLY RED "Money To Tight To Mention"
DEPECHE MODE "Strange Love"

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Was watching Tv tonight, and was shocked to see two videos i hadn't seen since the 80s. Cyndi Lauper's Good enough Goonies theme,

Riptide,

Cyndi Lauper's Goonies R Good Enough video is on The Goonies DVD under the special features. Didn't know that when I bought the DVD. A pleasant suprise!

Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home