iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Echo & The Bunnymen.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Echo & The Bunnymen.
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great band. I have recently dug out my old vinyl and among them were several Bunnymen albums.

People may remember the cover of The Doors classic - People Are Strange they did for The Lost Boys. Killing Moon is so good and i'm ashamed i haven't played their albums in a very long time, for those intrested try tracking down any of these 3 albums

Crocodiles.
Porcupine.
Ocean Rain.

That's about it really, what do you peeps think of them? [Big Grin]

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LIPS LIKE SUGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR... [Big Grin] [Razz]

i only know like 5 songs they sing, but what i know, sounds kind of dark, i like it.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic band - I still listen to their stuff.

"Back of Love" was one of the first singles I ever bought, and "Killing Moon" is an awesome record. McCulloch's solo stuff is well worth checking out as well. [Cool]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely adore KILLING MOON.
I thought it was used perfectly in the recent Donnie Darko movie... but was very dissapointed to hear that the special edition no longer has this classic Echo song in it.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the song "Lips Like Sugar". I played the Lost Boys LP in the 80s all the time. I actual saw them in concert in Lexington in the late 80s/early 90s...not sure, but it was fun. My friend Lori was actually pulled up on stage and they sang the "Lips Like Sugar" song to her.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxandlemon
Rewind Curious
Member # 3572

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxandlemon   Author's Homepage   Email maxandlemon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love the LP 'Heaven Up Here' - it's a classic. First proper record I bought, and it still sounds great (well the CD does now).
Posts: 2 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
LIPS LIKE SUGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR... [Big Grin] [Razz]

i only know like 5 songs they sing, but what i know, sounds kind of dark, i like it.

Yes they are a little dark, they remind me of The Doors not just because they covered one of their songs, i always though Ian sounded a little like Jim.

Very underated band, i have also been playing a lot of Joy Division and The Wedding Present at the minute to.

The 80's had some truly great bands.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Canyoudigit....did you know that the wedding present were touring in Feb and March???...infact they are playing Leeds and Northampton in March.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
Hey Canyoudigit....did you know that the wedding present were touring in Feb and March???...infact they are playing Leeds and Northampton in March.

Yes, i already have my ticket on order. [Big Grin]

They are releasing a new album to. It's all good.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also love The Wedding Present - David Gedge is a superb songwriter.

Nobody does "my girl just dumped me for the drummer" lyrics better than our David! [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that I really like 'People Are Strange.' Each and every time I hear the song I automatically think of the credit sequence in 'The Lost Boys' where Sam and Michael are seeing Santa Carla for the very first time. Its hard for me to even imagine another track playing over this scene!

I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if I know any others from E&TB.... I probably would if I heard them first though. The names of songs you guys have mentioned above are escaping my mind at the moment!

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite 80's bands, I have everything they pretty much did with the original lineup. They always seemed a little more strange(no pun intended) and eccentric than their contemporaries U2 and Simple Minds. I love their debut album, the classic cover, the dark/murky kind of psychedelia of the 80's.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home