iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Underrated Soundtrack (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Underrated Soundtrack
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't really underated in the 80's, but the Breakin' soundtrack is TKO.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say the Beat Street soundtrack should get some props as well.
Posts: 4297 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Yeah Devo, I would agree with you. I mean come on, who doesn't like a little Vanity 6 everynow and again?

"Tonight I'm living in a fantasy, my own little nasty world."
[Razz]

OMG, I LOOOOOOOVE Vanity 6! [Big Grin]

And in answer to the thread itself, I believe the soundtrack for "The Great Mouse Detective" is underappreciated indeed!

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

NUFF SAID!!! [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! They got the soundtrack on CD! [Big Grin]

Sadly, the movie ain't on DVD yet... [Frown]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reading this post years later...and devo's post made me go get the beverly hills cop soundtrack! i only had the music from part 2, until today!

patti labelle - stir it up
(love that song! forgot all about it, until i read this topic again) [Big Grin]

other great tracks by vanity 6, oingo boingo, pointer sisters, & glenn frye.

definitely playing this one in the car! [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Glad to be of assistance. I love it.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4151 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My #1 pick for underrated is: Metropolis:

1.Love Kills - Freddie Mercury
2.Here's My Heart - Pat Benatar
3.Cage of Freedom - Jon Anderson
4.Blood From a Stone - Cycle V
5.Legend of Babel, The - Giorgio Moroder
6.Here She Comes - Bonnie Tyler
7.Destruction - Loverboy
8.On Your Own - Billy Squier
9.What's Going On - Adam Ant
10.Machines - Giorgio Moroder

"In 1984, Fritz Lang's classic silent sci-fi hit Metropolis was reissued in tinted colour and sporting a rock and pop soundtrack."

"Here's My Heart" has always been one of my favorite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnL75jrSU9k

Posts: 450 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always did think the Uncle Buck soundtrack never got any respect, with its nice mix of older ("Jukebox Baby") and contemporary ("Wild Beats") tracks, held together with a terrific main theme in "Rhythm of Life" that's easily one of the best of the decade.
Posts: 2299 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bamersy,

I´ve been hunting that Metropolis soundtrack for many years now.
The song list is just amazing!

Posts: 5271 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomik, i have this soundtrack. [Smile] ...just sent you a PM.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern Girls!!!!!

The soundtrack to this movie is INCREDIBLE!! Between Depeche Mode, TKA, Lions & Ghosts & Icehouse, it's in my top 5!!

Posts: 2220 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home