iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Underrated Soundtrack (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Underrated Soundtrack
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't really underated in the 80's, but the Breakin' soundtrack is TKO.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say the Beat Street soundtrack should get some props as well.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Yeah Devo, I would agree with you. I mean come on, who doesn't like a little Vanity 6 everynow and again?

"Tonight I'm living in a fantasy, my own little nasty world."
[Razz]

OMG, I LOOOOOOOVE Vanity 6! [Big Grin]

And in answer to the thread itself, I believe the soundtrack for "The Great Mouse Detective" is underappreciated indeed!

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

NUFF SAID!!! [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! They got the soundtrack on CD! [Big Grin]

Sadly, the movie ain't on DVD yet... [Frown]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reading this post years later...and devo's post made me go get the beverly hills cop soundtrack! i only had the music from part 2, until today!

patti labelle - stir it up
(love that song! forgot all about it, until i read this topic again) [Big Grin]

other great tracks by vanity 6, oingo boingo, pointer sisters, & glenn frye.

definitely playing this one in the car! [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Glad to be of assistance. I love it.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My #1 pick for underrated is: Metropolis:

1.Love Kills - Freddie Mercury
2.Here's My Heart - Pat Benatar
3.Cage of Freedom - Jon Anderson
4.Blood From a Stone - Cycle V
5.Legend of Babel, The - Giorgio Moroder
6.Here She Comes - Bonnie Tyler
7.Destruction - Loverboy
8.On Your Own - Billy Squier
9.What's Going On - Adam Ant
10.Machines - Giorgio Moroder

"In 1984, Fritz Lang's classic silent sci-fi hit Metropolis was reissued in tinted colour and sporting a rock and pop soundtrack."

"Here's My Heart" has always been one of my favorite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnL75jrSU9k

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always did think the Uncle Buck soundtrack never got any respect, with its nice mix of older ("Jukebox Baby") and contemporary ("Wild Beats") tracks, held together with a terrific main theme in "Rhythm of Life" that's easily one of the best of the decade.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bamersy,

I´ve been hunting that Metropolis soundtrack for many years now.
The song list is just amazing!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomik, i have this soundtrack. [Smile] ...just sent you a PM.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Modern Girls!!!!!

The soundtrack to this movie is INCREDIBLE!! Between Depeche Mode, TKA, Lions & Ghosts & Icehouse, it's in my top 5!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home