iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » MORRIS DAY APPREACIATION!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MORRIS DAY APPREACIATION!!
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey im just goin through my vinyls..wow..COLOUR OF SUCCESS is aboslute classic...CHARACTER AND LOVE/ADDICTION ARE CLASSICS!!!

so who here enjoys morris day and the time??? [Smile]

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moviejunke
Rewind Curious
Member # 3351

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for moviejunke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How good are they? Have you also heard of 'The Family'? they are also Prince produced and absolutly amazing. I tried tracking down their album in london but noone had it but eventually found it in LA. Try and get hold of it and tell us what you think.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved them in Purple Rain. I just posted that I am dying to see it again for some reason.

I love when he gets Jerome to throw the girl in the dumpster, that is my favorite scene in the movie.

I loved the song Jungle Love- that was one of my favorite songs in the whole movie.

I also love the scene where he takes Apollonia out to eat, and he tells the waitress to keep the change, then he says to Jerome...go get my change.
He was really funny in that movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't they in an episode of Futurama?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Moviejunke's post:
quote:
...Have you also heard of 'The Family'? they are also Prince produced and absolutly amazing...
The Family did the original version of "Nothing Compares 2 U", which later became a huge hit for Sinead O'Connor.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHOGUN asked:
quote:
...So who here enjoys morris day and the time??? [Smile]
In this man's humble opinion, Morris Day & The Time is one of the greatest and unsung R&B bands of the 80's!

Check out their albums BEFORE "Purple Rain" came out. They are still great to listen to!

Prince produced their albums using the name "Jaimie Starr".

[Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:

I also love the scene where he takes Apollonia out to eat, and he tells the waitress to keep the change, then he says to Jerome...go get my change.
He was really funny in that movie.

heehee slick huh, morris has style though, lol
well he is princes cousin real life!!

oooh and apollonia is gorgeous!!! absolute GEM!!!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morris Day actually kinda stole the movie "Purple Rain" from Prince. If his character hadn't been so good, the movie would have been only about the music and not the cool movie it turned out to be.

StevenHW is totally right about The Time's album before "Purple Rain" called "What Time Is It?". My favorite songs were "Wild & Loose", "777-9311", and of course the 80's Valley favorite "Gigolos Get Lonely Too"! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread reminded me of Jesse Johnson from The Time that broke off into a solo career after "Purple Rain". He was very talented and I enjoyed his first effort immensely.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What Time Is It"??????? & Ice Cream Castles by THE TIME are some Bangin' albums [Cool]

Did you know R&B singer Alexander O'neal was up for the part of lead singer of THE TIME...but Prince and him had a falling out so he gave the part to Morris Day.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CT......The Son Of Scarface:
"What Time Is It"??????? & Ice Cream Castles by THE TIME are some Bangin' albums [Cool]

Did you know R&B singer Alexander O'neal was up for the part of lead singer of THE TIME...but Prince and him had a falling out so he gave the part to Morris Day.

yes i knew about the alexander o'neil thing, he wanted more money, lol..plus MORRIS DAY IS PRINCES BLOOD COUSIN, and they used to practise recording back in the day...but o'neil made some classics, unforgettable tracks like hear say and my favourite-criticise!!
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like... "If You Were Here (Tonight)" & "A Broken Heart"

Ooops It's O'Neil...not O'Neal well at least you still knew who i was talking about SHOGUN. I figured nobody on here would know who Alexander O'neil was. I see you got a little "Funk" in you SHOGUN [Cool] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home