iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » OK - this is cool.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK - this is cool.....
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I went to see the Psychedelic Furs last week when they were over in the UK.

Great gig, and so I decided to write about it on my blog.

I have just heard that the band have added my blog review to the official website! O.. M.. G.. How freaking cool is that!!!

Check it out....

http://www.thepsychedelicfurs.com/news.html

Mine is the London 2012 Blogger review at the top of the page!!!!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul.. that is truly awesome dude! [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is cool!

Don´t know much about the band but it´s very well written review.

NME, here we come [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable, Paul. You must have been pleased when they put that up.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Great Job Paul. It's always cool when your opinion matters, especially to the actual people.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those unfamiliar with the NME.

Click this link and go to 1:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhg_QIyMxZw

But of course feel free to view the entire clip.

I read your review Paul. Congrats. It is very well

written.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way cool... Congrats Paul, that's pretty awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Paul, that was a really well written review - congratulations for getting it on to their site.

I was at the Nottingham gig, and can confirm that they were absolutely on fire that night too - it was one of the best shows I've ever seen [Smile]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why am I not surprised you made the Nottingham gig? [Smile]

They really are a great live band, hoping I get the chance to see them again before too long.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are fantastic live. I had the pleasure of going with Duckie to a different venue the last time they were over. We grooved to PIP in our home made prom dresses and buckle white shoes....Duckie wore the dress natch. [Wink]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Jeff Spicoli once said.. "Awesome..Totally Awesome!" I saw The P-Furs in concert too in 99 or 2000 when they came to Atlanta. But having the band post your blog takes the cake [Cool] thats whats up
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViennaRage
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 13710

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ViennaRage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is fantastic! Talk about fan appreciation too. [Smile] Great band and that was truly a remarkable review.
Posts: 20 | From: Beaverton, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know i seen the music video to pretty in pink the other day and have since had the song stuck in my head, its weird because it didnt use to get stuck in my head
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

TGP, the original version of the song is waaaaay better than the remix that was recorded for the movie, so as long as the 1981 song is in there instead of the 1986 one, you're fine!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home