iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Teena Marie R.I.P.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teena Marie R.I.P.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit of a shock when I heard this. Had some of her 80's albums, very soulful voice. Very sad. She was 54 and say she died in her sleep.
Posts: 4317 | From: Town called Malice | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

35 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very shocking and sad. [Frown]

my dad performed with her years back. it was only for one night, but they all admired her, she was multi-talented, with an amazing soulful voice. [Frown]

RIP Lady T.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 35  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, she was way too young [Frown]

I really love her 80s soundtrack work. Namely 'Lead Me On' from Top Gun and '14k' from The Goonies.

'Lovergirl' is a dance floor favorite of mine too.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

35 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really loved her funky stuff....grew up listening to it. 'Square Biz' is one of my favorite funky tunes.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 35  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm listening to her now, and Square Biz just played [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

35 Updates!

high five, SA! [Smile]
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

Love these wicked Teena Marie pics by Bobby Holland from back in 1984.

My fav tune by Teena Marie is definitely "Square Biz" and then probably "Fire & Desire" with Rick James.. then maybe "Out On A Limb".

Ronnie.. that is such a treasure to know that your Dad got to play with her once.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home