iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Queen + Paul Rodgers (Velez Sarsfield Stadium - LIve)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Queen + Paul Rodgers (Velez Sarsfield Stadium - LIve)
J2ME
Rewind Jedi
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any Queen fans here?

Queen + Paul Rodgers (Velez Sarsfield Stadium -- Live)

[ 24. November 2008, 07:05: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1244 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes of course i saw queen with paul rodgers here in buffalo at the start of their tour i won 4th row tickets and i would pay for tickets if they come back here again the concert was excellent even though everyone says they are not the same without freddie mercury i enjoyed the concert totally and paul played some bad company songs too loved it!! dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Bad Company and saw Paul Rodgers with Queen because I won the tickets about a year ago. Just not the same without Freddy. If I had to pay I wouldn't go see them but that's just me. Brian May is still amazing though.........
Posts: 3842 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Jedi
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motley, You're not the first person to say that it's not the same without Freddie. You're right it's not; after all Freddie was the greatest front man ever.

I get the impression sometimes that some people think of Queen as 'Freddie + his backing band'.

When you see how many of Queens hits weren't written by Freddie, you can appreciate that this wasn't the case. Brian May, Roger Taylor & John Deacon are all excellent song-writers and musicians in their own right.

If you're a fan of Queen, you should go to show your respect for Brian & Roger. IMO.

I'm also a fan of Free & Bad Company, so it's great to hear 'Seagull', 'All Right Now','Bad Company', during the setlist.

Have you heard the new album? It's pretty good.

A few clips of the concert I linked to in the above post:

Queen Velez Sarsfield Stadium (21/11/08)

Posts: 1244 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J2ME,

Queen is one of the best bands that will ever be. I have always liked the entire band. Excellent musicians. Paul Rodgers is also one of the all time best rock 'n roll singers. I saw a live concert they put on on PBS about a year ago. They sounded good. Freddie had his own sound and Paul has his. Freddie died way too young.

It's good to see there are other Queen fans here!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen Rock!! Freddie was the greatest ever frontman.. Nobody could get a crowd going like him. Watch the Wembly live DVD.. He was amazing!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home