iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « Karate Kid » William Zabka (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: William Zabka
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koego,
No big deal, it's cool...but have you also seen that recent pic of Ralph Macchio..???
Now *HE* looks like a completely different person!

Funny thing about Ralph is that he has a son named Daniel- coincidence or what?

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Midnight
Rewinder
Member # 366

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Midnight   Email Midnight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi celticbabe,

well you're definately not alone in thinking that William Zabka is good looking. Lots of women do. I think most all the guys in the movie are good looking. While I also think that Johnny is cute, my preference is Daniel simply cause I like his unique dark looks. I love guys with dark hair and puppy dog brown eyes and baby faces, although Johnny also has a baby face.

I just have to address the Ali is crazy for dumping him issue. Remember, Ali DID chose Johnny in the beginning. She has dated him and was his girlfriend for awhile. I think with her it was the case of been there done that. Looks arn't enough to stay in a relationship, it's also personality. Johnny just had a hotheaded explosive personality that probably was something that was draining for Ali. Not only that, I sense that Ali and Johnny could have easily headed for violence in their relationship. He had a tendancy to be pretty forcefull with her when he wanted to be. You could just see it in their interaction. Although he never laid a hand on her and she was the one who punched him, he could have very easily escalated to that point judging from his behavior and temper. He WAS a Mike Barnes in the making till the end, LOL!

In any cse, yes he is nice looking. I used to watch him a little bit whenever I can on the Equalizer show, LOL! But if I were in Ali's place to chose between Daniel and Johnny, call me nuts but I also would have chosen Daniel. *me ducks before the flying tomatoes hit me*

Midnight

Posts: 35 | From: corvallis, 0r | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
celticbabe
Master Rewinder
Member # 664

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for celticbabe   Email celticbabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Midnight,
I never thought of Johnny Lawrence being anything like Mike Barnes.
Although Johnny was a "bad boy" he wasn't quite the street thug like Barnes was.
Regardless of your speculation that "violence" *may* have occured with Johnny and Ali, it didn't. Johnny wasn't like that, he had a chip on his shoulder because he still had feelings for Ali.
Whereas Mike Barnes was in it solely for money. Big differences.

I, personally don't think "all" of them are good-looking, only Johnny. I'm picky...and not for nothing, but Daniel's "unique dark looks" aren't very unique. Guys who look like him are a dime a dozen.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Midnight
Rewinder
Member # 366

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Midnight   Email Midnight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi celticbabe,
you are right that Johnny is not Mike Barnes. That didn't come out right when I said it. What I meant was that the kind of training Johnny was getting from his teacher, you know ignoring your concience and things like that, could have turned him into someone like Barnes because probably that's the kind of training Barnes himself got when he was young. I also meant that I can understand why Ali would dump Johnny because regardless of how good he nay have been inside, Johnny just did not exactly have a considerate personality in the beginning of the movie. Breaking her radio and forcing a kiss on her are just a couple of examples of his not treating her right. That's just the way I see it.

Now as far as the looks go, it's alright to be picky. Trust me, I am pretty picky myself. What I meant was I thought that most of the young people in the movie (accept for maybe Freddie and his clan) were fairly good looking, like the majority of the Cobras and Daniel also.I like Johnny's looks and I like Daniel's looks too. I just meant that if it was up to me I would pick Daniel because I prefer the dark type (plus I like his personality), but not just any dark types but the baby faced dark types which I myself have not come across very often. So that is why he is unique to me.:) But Johnny had a baby face too and I love baby faces!

Anyways, I gotta run and do my dreadful exam prepararions. UGH! I am preparing for two exams, one C-BEST which is a California teaching certification license and the MCATS, so chatting with you on this has been great fun and refreshing because, I really don't wanna go back to studying, LOL! Nice meeting you celticbabe, until we talk again.:)

Midnight

Posts: 35 | From: corvallis, 0r | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home