The Hitcher Trivia
We believe the following trivia is all legit. If it's bogus or you have additional info, please update us.
Thanks to Steven MurrayThe Hitcher was listed as one of the top ten most homoerotic films, and if you look at several scenes it does seem that Hauer's character is in love with Powell's:
1. The scene where the Hitcher puts his knife by Jim's groin and the police officer calls them 'lover-boys.'
2. The scene in which Hauer licks the two coins and places them on Jim's eye's in the cafe.
3. The Hitcher actually killing Jim's love interest, Jennifer Jason Leigh.
4. At the end when Jim spits in Hauer's face, he licks it off, and just before this he takes Jim's hand in his own.
5. At one point in the film the Hitcher blows Jim a kiss.
Rewind ArchiveRutger Hauer was obviously a method actor from an early age: whlist in the Dutch navy he feigned madness and was sent to a special home for psychotic patients. It was an expectedly disturbing place, but Hauer held out until he convinced his ranking officers that the military really didn't need him!
Rewind ArchiveRutger Hauer was the original inspiration behind Lestat in the classic novel 'Interview With The Vampire'
Rewind Archive"Good guy or bad guy, hero or anti-hero; doesn't matter to me, what role I play, only the characters have something magical." (Rutger Hauer)
Thanks to Nick NapolitanoThere is a sequel to The Hitcher called Hitcher 2: I've Been Waiting. C. Thomas Howell reprised his role, but Rutger Hauer did not.
There's often fake stuff floating round, y'know? -Like the 'ghost boy' that can allegedly be seen in "Three Men And A Baby".
But, nothing bogus that we know yet for "The Hitcher".
Next: Behind The Scenes
Or use the menu to select another option
1986 TriStar Pictures
V4.0b Powered by Rewind C21 CMS