iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » I watched Halloween on Blu-Ray today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I watched Halloween on Blu-Ray today
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got the Blu-Ray version of Halloween today. So, my son and I shut all the curtains in our living room, and made the room really dark, and we watched it. We got a RCA 40 inch 1080P LCD flat Panel TV. I don't know what that all means, except that the picture did look cool.

At the beginning, my son said...oh my gosh you can see the dirt on the pumpkin.

I watched the special features. I just love how this movie is done. I can remember when it came out at the theater, and my parents went to see it, and my mom told me about it...I was scared to death, and had visualized the whole movie in my mind, before I ever saw it.

Yesterday, when I went to pick up my friend's son...to take him driving, he was playing the piano, and I thought it was a CD and I thought it was the music from Halloween.....it was that song from the Transformers that Lincoln Park did-and I never realized that music sounded so similiar.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd heard Dean Cundey personally selected and approved the Blu-Ray transfer that THX had remastered not long back, so it stands to reason it looks great. What's especially great about the way it was shot is that it looks and feels like a dark documentary, like we the modern viewers are watching everything as it if it were taped live back in 1978, which helps make it timeless even though it takes place in the past and adds to the appeal.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that the spoof film I'm about to refer to is from the 80s and not the 70s, but have either of you either seen or heard of "Wacko"? It is a take-off of Halloween-type films directed by Greydon Clark and stars Joe Don Baker, Stella Stevens, George Kennedy, Jeff Altman, Anthony James and Andrew Dice Clay and in it Joe plays a homicide detective who tries to catch the "lawnmower killer" who terrorised town ten years before when he reappears.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son said how cool the Blu Ray version looked, he said it did make it look like a movie that was filmed today, and that it just looks like it was set in the 70's, not filmed in the 70s.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home