iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Public bathrooms in movies?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Public bathrooms in movies??
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seriously seems so funny to me and for some reason I keep noticing it popping up in every teen movie I watch lately? Public bathroom scenes??

So I know i've told this story before but I got to walk the sets of this movie Highway that was filmed near where I live with Jared Leto and Jake Gyllenhaal there was a whole truck stop bathroom built from scratch and dirtied up to look realistic I was so impressed and it was in the movie for maybe a good 50 seconds......all that work for a few minutes seems crazy to me and this movie was a straight to DVD????

How many teen movies pull the "look for feet under the stall gag?" haha until they finally swing the door open???

Here's some very notable bathroom scenes to me.....got any more?

-
 -
 -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a teen movie, but it's from "The Right Stuff" (1983).

Two astronauts for the Mercury Program are asked for their sperm, and to masturbate into a test tube. John Glenn (Scott Glenn) and Gordon Cooper (Dennis Quaid) go into a public bathroom. You get to see only their feet and their pants drawn down, under the stall. And they are both singing and humming military fight songs while they offer their "samples"! [Big Grin]

Afterwards, Cooper gives his specimen tube to the nurse, and says, "There's a lot more where that came from!" [Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Just One of the Guys" and "Uncle Buck" definitely come to mind!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is that hilarious restroom scene in the criminally underrated "Where the Buffalo Roam" (1980) where Bill Murray as Hunter S. Thompson runs into Richard Nixon at the urinal and gives him the speech: "The screwheads finally came and took my daughter away. Let me ask you a question, sir, what is this country doing for the doomed? There are two kinds of people in this country, the doomed and the screwheads, savage tribal thugs who live off their illegal incomes, brow deep out there; no respect for human dignity. They don't know what you and I understand, you know what I mean.

You know I was never really frightened by the bopheads and the potheads with their silliness never really frightened me either, but these g****** screwheads, they terrify me. And the poor doomed, the young, and the silly, the honest, the weak, the Italians... They're doomed, they're lost, they're helpless, they're somebody else's meal, they're like pigs in the wilderness..."

Nixon's rejoinder to that is priceless, the funniest line in the movie! I regularly try to work parts of this speech into casual conversation."Screwheads" and "doomed," as evocative as Ned Flanders on "The Simpsons" telling his kids that the world is divided into "gods" and "clods"...

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great....now every time I see a bathroom scene in a movie, I'm gonna think to myself "Hey, here's another one for Muffy's thread!" [Big Grin]

Here's one from Mannequin:

-
Nothing to see here, just taking a dummy into the women's room.

-
Before we start, need to check the stalls.

-
Now for some serious talk.

-
Obligatory eavesdroppers wonder, "What is he doing in there?"

-
A hot make-out session.

-
C-blocked by Hollywood!

-
And back to a mannequin again. When will this madness end?

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funniest topic ever!
Public bathrooms in movies [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Atomik I was quite proud of myself for being unique! [Smile]

SAdmirer OMG that cracked me up! C-Blocked by HollyWOOD.

How many movies use the change in the bathroom stall into your "punk" clothes??

Louise in the sweater mom bought....looking for the "all clear"
 -

Moms geek sweater is gone!
 -

the hair toss
 -

the mirror kiss
 -

the reveal
 -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jerry Mitchell having hard time

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread reminds me of a hilarious book of movie lists called "10 Bad Dates With De Niro," which is a collection of bizarre movie lists, e.g., the aforementioned "bad dates with Robert De Niro," e.g. "Cape Fear," and "Worst Wigs," "Ten Brooding Architects," etc. Perhaps our fearless forum moderators should consider a similar, electronic work posted here, such as "Ten Best Public Restroom Scenes" because this triviata is a real hoot.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
J.C. in Night of the Creeps.
Love that "Stryper rules" graffiti [Cool]

-

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome Atomik!! love your pics..........this is fun........i'll have to think of more for later [Smile] it's almost like you need to see the movie to remember.
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Margo needs a stall...

-
Strike one.

-
Strike two.

-
Strike three.

-
"Doesn't anybody pee anymore?!"

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good one Admirer!

My Bodyguard

"Moody we got a present for ya"
 -

Protection for a $1.00 a day....no? toliet paper bomb
 -

How about drinking some toilet water?
 -

In your face Moody!
 -

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Funniest topic ever!
Public bathrooms in movies [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yeah, I would like to know what George Michael's favorite public bathroom scenes are...that is, not involving himself! [Razz]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the ones from "They Call Me Bruce?"

Outright hilarious! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karate Kid! Jonny rolling the bone in the stall at the dance.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hiding Out!

When Max is transforming himself into a "punk" highschooler....and the meeting to "vote for max" in the bathroom at school..........I wish I could give you guys the visual....but I only own the VHS.

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the fact that you guys go to the trouble of putting screen-grabs in your posts!

Innerspace:

"You won't always be small."
"Play with it pal, but don't talk to it!"

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The world needs more Public bathroom pics!

This is a PG rated pic from the classic Porky´s
although Beulah Balbricker looks so scary that this image should actually be rated R!

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
You´re right Muffy, back in the day every flick had a public bathroom scene.

Here´s one from Class of 1984:

-

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
I'm curious why Muffy is asking about public bathroom scenes in movies. A kinky fetish perhaps? [Razz]
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
I'm curious why Muffy is asking about public bathroom scenes in movies. A kinky fetish perhaps? [Razz]

You got me so figured out [Smile] what ev!

Man this page takes forever to load now haha but I love every minute of it!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
The world needs more Public bathroom pics!

This is a PG rated pic from the classic Porky´s
although Beulah Balbricker looks so scary that this image should actually be rated R!

-

Imageshack strikes again!
Where did this picture go?
I mean, the girls had towels all over them so no naughty parts.
Go figure...

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, how about when Newbomb Turk clandestinely tapes the two sisters having their conservation in the ladies toliets at Tubby's drive in "The Hollywood Knights?"

Side splittingly funny! [Smile] [Big Grin]

The scene starts at 8:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0J2kNQ8ETc

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home