iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rad
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone remember this gem from the mid-80's about a BMX biker determined to win a race at the infamous Hell Track?

It has been many years since I've seen the film, and I almost totally forgot about it until a friend of mine mentioned it the other day. Funny enough, I remember thinking that the ramp at Hell Track was 90 degrees, although I recently watched the clip on YouTube, and it's not quite so sinister-looking anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA63KRWlguk

[ 04. January 2009, 11:42: Message edited by: saturnchick ]

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie saturnchick. This flick has been discussed several times before. I have a feeling that Valley will chime in here too soon. Especially after I post the best scene in the movie here:

RAD - Send Me an Angel Scene

Love that song too. This movie really rocks right from the beginning to end.

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Worst line ever in a movie:

"A backflip... Hulk Hogan eat your heart out"

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worse than...

"God, what I wouldn't give to go azz-sliding with you right now."

hilarious

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked is correct, my chime in is that "RAD" is a hidden gem.

Here's a link to our thread on RAD:

RAD Thread

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just put this movie on DVD after not having watched it in almost 20 years. I had a big crush on Lori Loughlin back then but the girl in the tiger outfit was almost as hot.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bob, your comment is making the Sparks tune "Music That You Can Dance To" run through my mind. That dance sequence and the way she stared at me....oops I mean the camera....was so 80's.

For people that avoided this movie because BMX was not your thing.....you're so missing out on a fun flick.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen this one...I'll put it on my giant list....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw this a few years ago, and I said boy I wish I could have seen it when I was actually doing jumps and BMX racing way back then. I remember I could never find it in the video store and it was never on TV. A great little gem.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...I totally forgot that Send Me an Angel was in this movie. I have to track down a copy and watch it again!
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I've never seen this one...

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] Must see it!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smurfwreck
Rewind Curious
Member # 7544

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Smurfwreck   Author's Homepage   Email Smurfwreck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recently wrote about this awesome flick on my site. I was so in love with RAD as a kid. Every time I caught it on HBO or VHS I'd run outside and try and emulate all the bike tricks (to horrible results...)

http://smurfwreck.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=402952

Posts: 5 | From: Rednecksville, GA | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Smurfwreck:
I just recently wrote about this awesome flick on my site.

Excellent write up and screenshots on your site!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto for me. The best most in-depth review of Rad I've seen yet.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do 80's...I'll let you know when I do....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have an old VHS copy of this movie amidst my video collection I've had for years...It's not in the greatest working condition, but most of it is still watchable enough. And definetly a keeper, and a classic amongst classics in my book.

..And Smurf..your review page is pretty "Gnarly"..(sorry, couldn't help myself.)

..I've never tried hunting down the DVD to this film yet...but if I ever got it. I look foward to being able to skip right past Bart & the twin's school dance scene...that scene is just horrendous even by 80's standards and makes me cringe every time I watch it.

[ 07. January 2009, 16:53: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home