iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Locations update?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Locations update?
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was some talk a while back about an updated locations feature on this site. I got all excited like it was Christmas Eve 1984 and I couldn't sleep for weeks . . . but so far nothing under the tree. Any news on this?
Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's coming... Errr... Soon-ish!

Well, let me clarify.. [Wink]

The first phase of the major site revision is a completely new version of the site, due any time now.. When I can get it finished basically!

Nothing of the old site will remain --apart from this board. Everything will be new. Up to 5 pages of info per movie. [Smile]

A further update will bring the new locations feature where between us we will try and hopefully track down every location for every movie and catalog them in a huge custom database that I've developed called "LoX". There'll be lots of pix, google earth plugins and much more...

I'd hoped to have it all done by now but it's just been a *massive* job... I realised that to get the locations feature launched with the new site would take just too long and I'm ridiculously late as it is! [Frown]

-Nick

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS: To help this along, I'm actually going out to the good ole US of A in about a month to do a locations tour and get pics for:

Can't Buy Me love
The Wraith
Last Starfighter
Lost Boys
..And more...

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! This sounds like it's going to be well worth the wait. Thanks Nick.

Sorry to hear you'll be undertaking the unpleasant and grueling task of traveling around the US taking photos of 80s movie locations. I feel for you, I really do. Still, I guess someone has to do it...

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WolfmansGotNards
Ace Rewinder
Member # 5910

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for WolfmansGotNards   Email WolfmansGotNards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:

Nothing of the old site will remain --apart from this board.

Phew [Big Grin]

Sounds like a nice set of films you'll be visiting locations for Nick!! Will definitely be looking forward to seeing them [Smile]

Posts: 400 | From: The 80's! Where else?! | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick,

Sounds like you're going to be in California most of the time... Have fun!

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Gigawatt?:
Sorry to hear you'll be undertaking the unpleasant and grueling task of traveling around the US taking photos of 80s movie locations. I feel for you, I really do. Still, I guess someone has to do it...

Hehe, yeah... It's a dirty job, but you know, someone has to do it. [Wink]

(Atually it's my 40th present to myself. Yeah, I'm OLD, man)

As I get some prototype pages of the new site design up, are you folks willing to have a sneak peak preview and let me know your constructive appraisal?

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:
Originally posted by Gigawatt?:

Hehe, yeah... It's a dirty job, but you know, someone has to do it. [Wink]

(Atually it's my 40th present to myself. Yeah, I'm OLD, man)

As I get some prototype pages of the new site design up, are you folks willing to have a sneak peak preview and let me know your constructive appraisal?

Ohhhh, life begins at 40! Actually it's when you're conceived but you get the point... [Big Grin] Have lots of fun! Happy B-Day Nick!!! [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home