iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » RAD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RAD
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got it on DVD. I have never seen it, I thought I had. I started watching it last night, and need to finish it...but it was cool cause the band leader from Dirty Dancing is in it, and Ray Walston (Mr. Hand) is in it too. It is pretty low budget...but I love the clothes! I love the way boys dressed...everyone looks clean cut. I remember my brother and his best friend, use to go up to the church parking lot right up by our house, every chance they got, and they would practice doing stunts on their BMX bikes. They built ramps and would do stunts in our alley way too, in front of our house. It was pretty cool stuff. I remember my brother would save all his allowance, and we both had paper routes, and he would save all his money from it for parts for his bike. My brother grew up to ride in bicycle marathons for charity, so I think it is so cool when you see a movie that inspires you to go out and do stuff in real life that you see in the movies. I loved riding my 10 speed everywhere. This week I am going to go buy a new mountain bike, so my husband and I can start riding again. I have missed bike riding so much. I can hardly wait. Does anyone else ride a bike still???

Has anyone else seen the movie American Flyers?? I love that movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RAD was cool. I have the VHS.

I still have a bike but I don't ride that much as I used to. I remember Some friends and I did a lot of stunts on a bike. Long time ago.

American FLyers never saw the whole movie. Just few minutes. I hev seen it at Wal-Mart for 5.50

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the movie on VHS and still have my 1984 GT Pro Performer, completely refurbished with all new OS parts. Purple and white.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eBay sealed 'import' DVD perchance? [Wink]

I have the laserdisc, much higher quality than any of the bootleg DVDs floating about on eBay, originally bought the VHS and really liked it then managed to get the laserdisc cheap.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked rad i still need this movie for my collection aas for american flyers i have seen this movie and owen the video tape but i think rad is the better movie of the two
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RAD was BAD...and I dont mean "bad" in a good way!
My friends little brother rented that movie one weekend and watched it non-stop. I dont think I will ever forget the big "dance number" between the guy and Lori Loughlin to REAL LIFE's Send Me An Angel....while on bikes!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, confession time, I at one time had a Haro Freestyler bike. Anyone remember those? I thought I was all cool with my dice caps, mushroom grips and pegs! I never took it off any sweet jumps though...Man I miss my bike [Frown] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Not as cool as my Sky Blue GT Performer. That thing was awesome.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rad has eluded me all these years, but I hope to one day add that and Night of the Creeps to my collection. I was aBMX kid too, I had the bike and the helmet. I remember building this crazy ramp, and I jumped, but remember the landing being particularly rough on my family jewels.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home