iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Valley Girl DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valley Girl DVD
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, I just received news that my favorite movie "Valley Girl" is tentatively scheduled to be released on a special edition DVD on August 5th. This is just a tentative date, but I'm extremely excited because I've been waiting for the DVD version of "Valley Girl" for years.

I hope they spent some time remastering the sound to 5.1 or even Dolby Pro-logic. Valley Girl has an awesome soundtrack, but the original VHS was in mono sound.

Is anyone else a huge "Valley Girl" fan?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msbradshaw
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 982

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for msbradshaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am!!! I have been wanting the DVD also! I know it has already been released on DVD, but it's hard to find. How did you find out about the special edition DVD?
Posts: 22 | From: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leppardfan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1280

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for leppardfan   Email leppardfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a huge Valley Girl fan! Unfortunately, the only way I can see it is when it comes on TV since I don't even have a VHS copy. It would be so nice to be able to watch it all the way through with no commercials. Besides, TV cuts it up so bad you just know you are missing some good parts. I hope they put some other stuff on the DVD like interviews or something!!
Posts: 16 | From: elk grove, Ca | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup! Valley Girl happens to be my favorite 80's movie, or one of them. I have also been waiting for the DVD version. I am curious to find out what "special features" it will have, if any.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to know where you got the information from? I LOVE this movie!! I am so excited for it [Smile]

Thanks!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl is now officially set to release "like totally fer sure" on August 5th!!

The juicy details are:

Widescreen Special Edition
5.1 Surround Sound
Martha Coolidge Commentary

This is the EXTRA I LOVE:

Valley Girl 20 Years Later
(The LA Film Festival had a "Valley Girl" reunion last year and almost everyone except Nicolas Cage and Frederic Forrest were able to attend. Deborah Foreman stated the cast did a commentary at that time also.
True Fans of this movie can only hope the reunion and the commentary are included!!)

The DVD cover has been updated, however I'm not sure if Deborah Foreman is the girl on the cover this time or not. As long as the DVD inside has everything I just mentioned it will truly have been worth the LONG, LONG, wait.

Can anyone tell how excited I am about a movie from 20 years ago? I also know that Deborah Foreman would occasionally check this site out. Deb are you out there, this is a moment a lot of your fans have been waiting for!

[ 28. May 2011, 10:51: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear that this movie is finally coming out on dvd. My gf and I love this film. After so many views and time. Our vhs copy of it is ready to give way at any moment.

I wonder though if there are any extra scenes not in the vhs version that will make the dvd? anyone?

Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RowMan
Rewinder
Member # 1312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RowMan   Author's Homepage   Email RowMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait for this one, either. Here is a link to the cover:

http://www.dvdplanet.com/productimages/front/32664.jpg

A few more details are...

"In Conversation: Martha Coolidge And Nicolas Cage" and "The Music Of Valley Girl" featurettes; Storyboard-to-film comparisons; 1980s trivia track; Music videos by Modern English and The Plimsouls.

Posts: 35 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Def got to pick this one up when it is released!
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leppardfan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1280

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for leppardfan   Email leppardfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is available for pre-order at Amazon.com
Posts: 16 | From: elk grove, Ca | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkygogo
Rewind Curious
Member # 1651

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jkygogo   Email jkygogo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disappointingly, I've heard the sound, Dolby Digital Surround Sound isn't very good on the upcoming Valley Girl DVD. I've heard from an early review that there's limited stereo audio on the DVD and there's almost no audio on some of the rear speakers for the surround sound, I think. The reviewer said the sound was of better quality, but the stereo was limited. I'm very disappointed on this and wonder why they couldn't get the best stereo possible for this movie? I mean I've heard other dolby Digital Surround sound transfers from mono to stereo, and they were good (Enter the Dragon, The Time Machine, Papillon). Why couldn't the movie studios or whoever redid the sound really put out the best audio quality possible?
I'm very disappointed because I really wanted a good audio Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. I was really looking forward to watching the movie in a new and improved way since the music is very important. But whatever.

Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The lack of an improved sound is EXTREMELY disappointing. It seems like most pre-1984 remastered soundtracks never live up to expectations. I still love this movie and I'm still very excited to have it on DVD. [Smile]

Also, the extras sound very interesting and hopefully they will help make up for this disappointing blow.

Hey what am I thinking, "Valley Girl" is my favorite movie on a worn out VHS tape with mono sound, so I'm still STOKED! [Big Grin]

80'sLoveBug
Rewinder
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sLoveBug   Email 80'sLoveBug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with ValleyCat..I totally excited to own Valley Girl on DVD...I only recently saw the movie for the first time on like VH1...and I love it the instance I saw it...It has quickly become one of my fave movies from the 80's....Sound or no sound I will own it came Aug. 5
Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stoked! I've already preordered on Amazon!!

Yippeee!

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80SFOREVER
Rewind Curious
Member # 1688

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80SFOREVER   Email 80SFOREVER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl is also my favorite 80's movie. I have the VHS and have watched this movie way too many times. When I first saw this in the early 80's I went out on a hunt to get all the music from the album. Finally, many years after they released the albums. Love the music on this movie. From the day I watched the movie, Nicholas Cage has been my favorite male movie entertainer. Cannot wait for this on DVD! -- [Smile] NO BUT YOUR FACE IS!!
Posts: 2 | From: boston | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice quote 80SFOREVER [Razz]

Is this in 3-D?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home