iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » If Looks Could Kill (1991)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If Looks Could Kill (1991)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"He's a student mistaken for a spy.
Now all he has to do is rescue a beautiful girl, save all of Europe, and graduate from high school.
No problem."

If Looks Could Kill aka Teen Spy is a highly entertaining James Bond spoof
directed by William Dear (Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann, Harry and the Hendersons).
The legendary Fred Dekker (Night of the Creeps, The Monster Squad) wrote the story
and Darren Star (Melrose Place, Sex and the City) did the screenplay.

The movie stars Richard Grieco, Linda Hunt, Roger Rees, Gabrielle Anwar, Robin Bartlett,
Michael Siberry, Cynthia Preston and ultrahot Carole Davis (The Flamingo Kid, Mannequin).
You can also see the legendary Roger Daltrey in a small part.

IMDb says that Fred Dekker initially conceived the story with Anthony Michael Hall
in mind for the role of Michael Corbin before the producers chose to have it rewritten for Richard Grieco.

This movie has all the ingredients a good Bond films usually have:
Nice cadgets (X-Ray specs etc.), a cool car, beautiful ladies, traveling to foreign countries,
lots of guns and action and a crazy villain who wants to rule the world.

Another legend, David Foster, composed the score
and you can hear artists like Robin McAuley(MSG), Glenn Medeiros, The Outfield and Kylie Minogue on the soundtrack.

The Outfield - One Hot Country

Glenn Medeiros - If Looks Could Kill

Robin McAuley - Teach Me How to Dream

It´s full blown 80s hangover with a certain early 90s flavour.
Check it out!

If Looks Could Kill trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was roger daltrey's character supposed to be comedic, he is suppose to be britain's top secret agent and his name happens to be blade, which sounds like something someone would pick to sound intimidating, and then the way he meets his fate in the movie, everytime i think about it i crack up, i hope thats the way they intended it, to be humerous, not that im criticizing it, i really like this movie, im just wondering if im on the same page with the sense of humor
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching this years back,I liked it,thought it was good fun,I watched under the title of teen agent.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, of course it was Teen Agent in the UK and not Teen Spy.
Don´t know where that came [Smile]

The Good Package, nothing is to be taken seriously in this film [Cool]
Daltrey seems to be a cool guy with a good sense of humour.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot about this one! Wow, this was when Richard Grieco had some buzz. Haven't seen this in about 20 years. Think it was similar to Gotcha if I can recollect.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did mission impossible steal the exploding gum from these guys
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stiggs
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie! The so bad it's good kinda love. Saw it as a youngster and now it is a guilty pleasure. Greico is THE MAN as far as I'm concerned. I haven't watched it in years, so I'll have to watch it soon and refresh my memory.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home