iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Blown Away

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blown Away
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Guilty pleasure alert.. "Blown Away" is infamously known for its nude scenes between Nicole Eggert and Corey Haim, but if you're a fan of the two Corey's .. i think you will really enjoy this entertaining thriller.

-

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the suspenseful acting of Corey Haim and especially Nicole Eggert, but be warned.. if you accidentally pick up the 'unrated' version, you might see more of cast that you might have planned. [Eek!] For me, the biggest drawback of the movie was at times it appeared that Corey Feldman thought he was in comedy instead of a thriller.. but that adds to the fun really.

-

The party scenes are a treasure to watch.. because although this movie was filmed in 1992, it totally felt like a lost 80's film. Especially the house decor and fashion style by the party guests in those particular scenes.

Also, The soundtrack featured a few rather obscure singles by John James that seemed to add to the 80's feel as well.

- John James - "She Bought Love" (click to play

Who else is gonna admit that they enjoy it?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy it. Nice little thriller with some pretty steamy love scenes.
I agree that Feldman really knows only one way to act, the Feldman way [Big Grin]
Gotta love the two Corey´s!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Around these parts it's called " The Good Blown Away".

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in on this one! I own the UNRATED version. I went through a serious Coreys phase a few years back and had to see all their movies. So after DEVO sold it to me like he did, I made the purchase. It has become one of my top 3 Corey's films.

I agree with everything Valley said. It's a total time capsule of the early 90's. The party scene is great with cheesey 90's house music playing in the background and Haim & Feldman busting some vintage dance moves as they make their way through the crowd! It's hypnotic to watch! LOL!

Now on to the good stuff. WOW! The scene where Haim finds Eggert at the party and they hook up left my jaw on the floor. I wasn't prepared to see them in that capacity. I was shocked at the amount of nudity. And that was only the first scene. Fast forward and you get much much more!! How they got this trio of actors to commit to such scenes is unbelievable to me. If you haven't see this one, track it down. You'll see why it's called "The Good Blown Away." HAHA!

Hey Valley, before I go, do you have the soundtrack? Is there even one in existence? I searched for some of the music awhile back but to no avail [Frown] . Oh well...

"That's a nice duck!" [Wink]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this one on Netflix instant watch awhile ago and even though it's totally a late night Cinemax type of movie, I was intrigued! Is it just me, or were there a lot of "hot dangerous girl" movies in the early 90's? (Poison Ivy, The Crush, just to name a couple)....

Like Cindy, I was NOT expecting some of the um, "action" that happened between Haim and Eggert. It almost felt weird seeing Haim like that because almost every movie I've seen him in he was a kid, you know?

Is the version on NF unrated? Seemed like it was...

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie a few times back when it WAS played on late night Cinemax/HBO. And you're right Veronica. There was a big rash of these type of movies that played on the late night cable premium channels, and I think I liked almost all of them. There were also quite a few late-night mini series that would have virtually the same stories alot of the time too, (Red Shoe Diaries, Erotic Confessions, Marilyn Chambers Presents...ect.) Yes, I watched them all..I was such a pervy teenager..lol.

So, this movie was actually pretty tame compared to alot of the other skin flicks I watched at the time.

[ 25. January 2012, 16:38: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:

Hey Valley, before I go, do you have the soundtrack? Is there even one in existence? I searched for some of the music awhile back but to no avail [Frown] . Oh well...

Hey Cindy.. I don't actually have the soundtrack, but all the John James songs are available on iTunes.. "She Bought Love", "Limelight", and "(Still) the Beat Goes On".

however, this one is a bit harder to obtain:

Yvonne Murray - Hooked On You

Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great links Valley!! WOW!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great movie.

i own it on vhs but don't own a player. this was the corey's at their best. and of course there was nicole.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my Toronto pals was the graphic designer, i.e. Storyboard Artist, on Blown Away. He always likes to tell me, "I have drawn the Coreys...naked.". LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was all set to talk about jeff bridges and tommy lee jones...
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bunnygirl
Rewind Curious
Member # 11415

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bunnygirl   Email Bunnygirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently in a Corey H. phase(I was born in 83, so I was aware of it the first time around, but too young to appreciate Corey mania) and was pretty happy to see this movie, lol.

Anyone else love Corey?

Posts: 2 | From: Boston | Registered: Apr 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asnoldo
Rewind Curious
Member # 12917

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for asnoldo   Email asnoldo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is anyone know what is the name of music in the party scene ? there is 2 versions ,"She Bought Love"
Written & Performed by John James at one version and a house music in the another version ,i want known about the house music version

Posts: 1 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bunnygirl:
I'm currently in a Corey H. phase(I was born in 83, so I was aware of it the first time around, but too young to appreciate Corey mania) and was pretty happy to see this movie, lol.

Anyone else love Corey?

I dunno but I love Nicole Eggert.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViennaRage
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 13710

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ViennaRage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a pretty bad movie, I must say...very cheesy and b-grade, but the Corey's make it watchable and enjoyable. I like it, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone outside of the die hard fans of Haim/feldman.
Posts: 20 | From: Beaverton, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll admit, I only watched it for The Two Corey's.

The film was okay.

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home