iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » That Night (1992)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That Night (1992)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"In 1961 Long Island, Alice is just that bit younger than her playmates.
She doesn't quite understand yet about some grownup things and is teased a lot.
Her heroine is anyway Sheryl, the teenager over the road who has a succession of boyfriends.
Alice even copies her perfume and favourite records, though she has never spoken to her.
When Sheryl's father dies suddenly and she takes up with Rick,
who is viewed with horror by all the parents around,
she and Alice become firm friends as they try to keep the romance going." (IMDb)

Watched That Night yesterday and i thought it was so good that it needed a new thread.
So thanks to Muffy!

The movie was written (screenplay) and directed by Graig Bolotin,
a guy who also wrote No Small Affair, Black Rain and Straight Talk.
Pretty nice cv don´t you think.

The cast is so wonderful:

C. Thomas Howell as Rick the Rebel, one of my favorite actors.
Juliette Lewis as Sheryl, pretty as a doll. Wild but honest young lady.

And i loved the kids!

Eliza Dushku, so great and so natural. I think that she has a new fan now [Smile]
Katherine Heigl and Sarah Joy Stevenson as her friends and those crazy Terzulli brothers.
How funny was that boob cream scene [Smile] [Smile]

The kids
 -

I loved the music composed by David Newman.
It created a great atmosphere, music is so important.
I also liked the locations very much.

Great, great feelgood movie that deserves a special edition dvd/blu-ray asap.

Highly Recommended!

That Night movie trailer

-

[ 08. December 2015, 00:15: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome writeup Atomik!!!!

I just knew....like I KNEW you were really going to enjoy it!

Thanks for the info about the guy that wrote the screenplay. That is what makes the story so great for me.....you get a little bit of everybody's world....the kids....and then Sheryl.

i'm real surprised with it being Eliza's 1st movie and the fact Katherine Heigl is in it too it should get a dvd release soon!

I've always been a Dushku fan....I remember first seeing her in This Boy's Life and thinking there was something intriguing about her.

I obviously highly recommend this one too!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, i own This Boy´s Life but didn´t remember that Dushku was in it.
Same with True Lies.

I´ve seen her also in Bring It On, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back and Wrong Turn.
She´s been announced to star in Ghostbusters III too!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome movie this one!

Definitely Needs a DVD or blu ray release.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had forgotten about this one. I need to watch it again soon. I forgot that Katherine Heigl was in it.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home