iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The River Wild - with an appearance by a stepbrother

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The River Wild - with an appearance by a stepbrother
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Let's talk about
 -

I think this movie is pretty good, and I have a spot in my heart for Meryl Streep, probably because I thought she was really pretty in The Deer Hunter, and these days it's her and Helen Mirren (who looks better now than in the Mosquito Coast)

The cast is good, the plot is good, but it starts pretty slow and reminds me a little bit (oddly) of Cliffhanger????

What do we think people?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The River Wild" is a great movie Devo! I got to go to a promotional event for the movie's release and they gave me a gift backpack with several cool movie tie-ins.. including a River Wild jacket that I adored.

I've always been a Kevin Bacon fan and he is outstanding. To be honest, I never cared much for Meryl Streep.. but she was fantastic in this flick.

Great supporting roles from David Strathairn and Benjamin Pratt as well.

It is not a movie I think to watch on my own, but if it is on.. I'm glued to the tv set. Totally underrated.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see this in the pictures and have seen it a couple times since, last year being the latest. It hasn't aged terribly well but it's still a bit of fun. Valley [Eek!] Meryl is fantastic in every flick [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie! I didn't see it till about two summers ago, and then just cause there was nothing else on. I'm glad I watched it though...and I'm not a Kevin Bacon fan by any means.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this movie. In fact I even own it on DVD.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this movie. In fact I even own it on DVD.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home