iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The People Under the Stairs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The People Under the Stairs
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched this one again.....I hadn't seen it since the early 90s.....I accidentally clicked on the first page of the "what's the last 90s movie you watched" thread....in it Jay Lee had brought up The People Under the Stairs and how it stared Kelly Jo Minter, Ali Langer and Ed and Nadine from Twin Peaks....that was all I needed to want to re watch it!

Really creepy.........and the one guy Roach from under the stairs kept making me think of the guy from The Burbs? lol

It's really a great campy, funny horror movie.......any fans? favorite parts?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brill film not seen it for years i remember the owners of the house were like crazy fetish people and they had these scary dogs. I remember the wee boy in it saves their daughter ah its been such a long time will need to track that one down
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I always thought it was a vastly underappreciated movie due to it's uniqueness and concept. The kid with no tongue is great and has been in ton of movies since then in little parts like the annoying guy in "That Thing You Do".

It's a better movie when you are teen, but it's more than watchable now.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s a good movie.
Wes Craven was still rockin´ and rolling in the early 90s.

I remember that it got many pages in Fangoria magazine back in the day.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo and aTomik, as usual, I agree. I liked this back in the day, though I haven't seen it in a long time. I like a lot of Wes Craven's stuff, but he can do dreck too, like "Shocker." [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Shocker too, Crash.
If you watch it more as a comedy with horror elements, it will work.
Not vice versa [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm a big fan of both people under the stairs and shocker,i know wes craven made both of these in a 3 movie picture deal for production company alive films , the 3rd movie was the excellent the serpent and the rainbow and i felt all 3 delivered the goods.

the one wes craven movie i've never really took to was 2005's cursed starring christina ricci,turned out very disappointing!

[ 07. August 2011, 10:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:

The kid with no tongue is great and has been in ton of movies since then in little parts like the annoying guy in "That Thing You Do".

We are DEVO

That is Sean Whalen, who plays Roach.

I have never seen this, incidentally.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to watch this movie a lot when it first came out. It's been on netflix instant watch so I definitely need to check it out again.

I remember Roach as the annoying co worker in Never Been Kissed! ha

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the man and woman that live in that house remind me of my mom and dad.

just kidding.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great,underappreciated flick! I got it a couple years ago, during Halloween, for like $5.00 at Walmart.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely loved watching this one back in the day. Haven't seen in a good while so I'll have to revisit it to see if it still holds up for me.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a horror film I actually haven't seen, and I've seen a lot in my life time.

Is this film good, is it scary?

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
This is a horror film I actually haven't seen, and I've seen a lot in my life time.

Is this film good, is it scary?

Chloe, I wouldn't say this is anywhere near being Craven's best or scariest films. It is a pretty cheesy comedy horror with not-so-subtle attempts at humor throughout. I say it is worth one viewing if you've never seen. But not so much one that needs to be permanently added to your movie library.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home