iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Mortal Kombat (1995)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat (1995)
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadnt seen this film in years and watched it again last night and i still love it! i loved playing the game on the sega as a teen and i remember the film so well and all the charaters i sat through the whole film explaining to my kids who everyone was, Cage,liu,sonia,Kitana,Raden,Kano,sub-zero,scorpion,Shang zhung (sp) etc etc So i see they are making a remake i hope they keep to the original story
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought it was funny when shang tsung said flawless victory in the movie, in the game i thought nothing of it, but in the movie it just struck me funny.

gotta say though, i prefer street fighter the movie, raul julia was funny in it, and jean claude was too.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mortal Kombat is the best video game adaptation so far: Great soundtrack, some decent performances from Robin Shou, Christopher Lambert et all and a couple of cool fight sequences to boot.

I liked MK1 so much that I turned up on opening night, midnight show for the sequel 'Mortal Kombat: Annihilation'. And true to its word, the sheer awfulness of MK2 did indeed annihilate any and all possibilities for another Mortal Kombat sequel!

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn´t even like the first one.
Had the dvd but sold it, i almost never do that.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this in theatres when it first came out..that's the only way one can really enjoy a movie like this. Unless you have a good home theatre set-up, it just fails for home viewing. All of them do.

Anyway, most people I talk to about MK films all agree that the soundtracks are really where it's at. So just save your money buying these films and buy the soundtracks instead. You'll be happy you did.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreeeed through and through
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home