iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Faculty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Faculty
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

There is something weird happening at this quiet Ohio high school - kids are participating, teachers are teaching and football players care about their grades. Gotta be possess by aliens right? 

Actually, there might just be a few students left who haven't been taken over by aliens just yet and they are doing their best to figure out exactly what is happening and find a way to escape the craziness. 

-

Casey is the nerd who has no social skills. Stokely is the gothic chick who just hasn’t found the right guy. Delilah is the head cheerleader who wants to be best at everything and if that means dumping her boyfriend, so be it. Marybeth is the new girl at school who just wants to make friends. Zeke is the drug dealer who could care less about everyone and everything. Stan is the great high school quarterback who wants to be respected for his mind. Typical high-schoolers? Maybe, except for the fact these survivors can’t trust each other -- so the only way to see if you're not an alien is to inhale some drugs Zeke created out of home gardening equipment. Do the drug and you might be too spooked to fight the alien, don’t do it and you might just die due to the paranoia of the others. Who do you trust?

-

"The Faculty" is one of my fav horror flicks of the 90's.  The cast of Elijah Wood, Jordana Brewster, Shawn Hatosy, Clea DuVall, Laura Harris, and Josh Hartnett each fit the personalities of their characters perfectly.  

The plot is similar to "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" set in a high school with elements of "The Thing" thrown it.. but it still has some original twists that make it quite entertaining.  I thought Jordana Brewster was outstanding in it.

"You're that geeky Stephen King kid. There's one in every school."

[ 01. February 2011, 19:06: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this (Zeke) Josh Harnett is my fave in this. I have the soundtrack for this and its just fantastic. 'guaranteed to jack you up!'
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one!
It´s very 80s in a way, all that weird stuff happening, crazy teens and a cool atmosphere [Cool]

Just looked and what a shock, i don´t own it.
Have to order the dvd right away and watch it again.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fairly good 90's horror. I enjoyed it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very 80'sish.... I love this flick and can watch it over and over. Jordana Brewster is a nice bonus.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent movie! I bet I've seen it 15 times. Josh Hartnett was such a cutie in this movie LOL. The soundtrack was great too. I haven't watched it in awhile. I'll have to pull out my DVD.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I sprung and purchased the Canadian Blu-ray edition (not available in the US?) ..

It arrived today and I'm already a bit disappointed (though I read about it before it arrived).. but the Canadian Blu-ray pic quality is only 1080i instead of 1080p.

I can totally live with that issue, but when I start to play it, all the voices are dubbed to sound like Tiffany and a couple of her Canadian friends..

"Yeah. Okay, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of Your Beer, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a Cop - had some, and He Puked. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha that sucks valley! grrr....

i second what petty said. i definitely want to see it now. the soundtrack was awesome!
and i agree about josh lol. [Smile]

the scene where the teacher's (famke janssen) head starts crawling away makes me squeamish!

i saw this one in theater twice!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for the support Ronnie!

I just read my Blu-ray cover and it says "From the director of Sin City & From Dusk Til Dawn.. Screenplay by the writer of Scream & Scream 2.. starring Bob & Doug McKenzie from Strange Brew"?

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is great but I always hated that bit when Hartnett says "I'm a contradicion."

I also disliked how they had to snort scat to prove that they are not aliens - majorly lame.

Don't get me wrong I love this movie. One of my favourite parts in this movie is the performance
of Robert Patrick. He is classic.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home