iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » Ŧ 90's Movies » American Ninja in the 90s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: American Ninja in the 90s
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

American Ninja 4: The Annihilation (1990)

Watched this one yesterday. It was a decent flick.
Michael Dudikoff is back with David Bradley
and a sexy female lead Robin Stille (Slumber Party Massacre, Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama)

Evil arab has created a nuclear weapon and the Delta Force has been captured as prisoners
(i bet that Chuck Norris was not with them this time)
so itīs up to Bradley and Dudikoff to save the day.

First 45 minutes itīs Bradley solo, next 40 mins Dudikoff solo
and finally the last 10 mins they both fight together but not against same villain
and you can hardly see them on screen at the same time.
Thereīs something fishy here, the EGOīs i think

This movie has the most vicious villains in the series which was a nice surprise.
Once again the villains drive Mercedes Benz so the Cannon group still had the contract with them.
And once again the super ninja wasnīt so super after all.

Some good fight scenes, a really strange bar band (hey, this was shot in South Africa)
and i liked the end credits tune "Fight Fire With Fire".

Not nearly as bad as i thought it would be
but i hate the fact that Dudikoff makes a very nice looking sword but HE NEVER USES IT!!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you are too kind, my friend [Smile]

Haven't actually watched this one in a long time. just remember hating its guts with every fiber of my being.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i donīt know Jay.
I think that it was at least better than the 3rd part.
Even without Steve James.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really?! Oh well, maybe I should check it out again.

Though, Steve James is what makes these movies for me. Maybe that's why.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it...I know I've passed on some of these sequels before when I'd seen them in various stores for fairly cheap. You guys should consider advertising, as, everytime anyone on here talks about a movie...I suddenly want it...literally...all of them!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Finally watched American Ninja V (1993).
Now this was a disaster.

Not even Pat Morita couldnīt save it and btw, he was a ninja, now you know it.

The movie starts nicely with a training scene but itīs all downhill from then on.
Enter Master Tetsu (Morita) who introduces his nephew Hiro (Lee Reyes)
Damn this is one irritating kid!
Suddenly this movie turns out to be a family feature.

Hiro plays his Sega Game Gear, wants to be a ninja, wants this and that...

Once again a scientist is working for these evil men.
When the evil men ask too much and he says no,
itīs time to kidnap the daughter.
Suddenly our boys have a mission and this time they go to Venezuela.

Purple and white ninjas everywhere but not one of them can fight.
In this movie the master ninja is called Viper and heīs some kind of Wolverine wannabe with a cloak.

Damn i hate that "happy" melody which you can hear all the time:
when the guys are fooling around, during chase scenes etc.
Oh, i forgot, itīs a family flick.

I just donīt know why David Bradley decided to do this one.

Avoid!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Really?! Oh well, maybe I should check it out again.

Though, Steve James is what makes these movies for me. Maybe that's why.

It's the size of Steve James gums that makes it for me.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
You finally got to part 5.... and even you didn't like it! Then it's official, it's a pile of dookie!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home