iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » "Wings", airport comedy, anyone, anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Wings", airport comedy, anyone, anyone?
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I adore this show but find few who share the joy with me. I'm proud of my few converts, who after about 5 well-chosen episodes, love it. Pearls like:

Casey: I'm up for a promotion at work. There's an opening in Men's Underwear.
Brian: You're just now findin' that out?

Fay: Maybe I should make some lemon bars for the police.
Brian: That's okay, Fay, I'm sure they'll have their own weapons.

Old lady: Over my dead body!
Joe: Isn't that what we're lookin' at?

Helen: Women fall in love with the men they love, while men love the women they fall in love with.
Roy: Where did I read that, oh yeah, on the back of a box of condoms.

Woman: Alright, I know when I'm licked!
Joe: Oh, so last night is comin' back to you.

K, I'm done, you know how people drone on about their favorite shows.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it too, buddy. Great throwaway one-liners...I guess maybe you had to be there.

I loved when Tyne Daly played this diva-like uppity type that Brian got involved with and she stole his pants in the end.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hipstermom, I knew you were a special lady [Smile] .
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, hello...is anyone in there:

Having just returned to the rewind from several days away, I thank you for your sentiments even though you're still an Irish Bug.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80sTeenAngst
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2828

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80sTeenAngst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was OBSESSED with Wings. I had the biggest crush on Steven Weber. I love guys with curly-ish hair!!!

A few of my favorite episodes: the one where Bryan wants to get plastic surgery, the one where Bryan thinks Faye is trying to kill him, and the one (or two) where Joe's psycho ex-girlfriend from high school comes back to Nantucket, still obsessed with Joe.

Posts: 15 | From: Syracuse | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
Hey, Angst...I'm over in Albany...how YOU doin?

I wish I could recall some specific episodes of the show because I rarely missed it.

Tim Daly was on "The Sopranos" recently...he looked great and did a fantastic job...nothing like his usual 'good boy' characters.

McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Angst, good picks, those are bascially the classics. The Leg of Lamb, Brian wants Mitch Gaylord's nose, and psycho Sandy Cooper who Joe could never get anyone to believe him about

Haha [Smile]

Savannah
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2845

- posted      Profile for Savannah   Email Savannah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutley loved the show Wings! I watched it every morning! I haven't seen it in a while though. [Big Grin]
Posts: 60 | From: Louisa, Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home