iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Earth Angel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Earth Angel
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just wondered if you guys love this movie as much as I do? Yet another amazing made-for-tv movie. Released in 1991, but was totally 80s. It's probably a bit of a ripoff of The Heavenly Kid, but it's still cool.

A super cast with Cindy Williams, Cathy Podewell, Rainbow Harvest, Mark Hamill, Erik Estrada, Dustin Nguyen, Brian Krause, and Roddy McDowall to name more than a few. Good performances all around.

I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember that there was some great 50s lingo, stuff I had never heard before.

-  -

-  -

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how I know of this.........Cindy Mancini was looking for a movie and all she could remember was the cover art......this movie shows up under lots of movies on the "movies you might like also" part of IMDB.

I would love to see it....I love the whole 50's references thing.

I like Rainbow Harvest after I saw Old Enough she was awesome in it.....it also made me look up this and the horror movie Mirror Mirror that are now in my wish list. [Smile]

Is the soundtrack to this any good? usually flashback kindof flicks are?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the soundtrack is filled with great oldies, as expected. The movie starts with Sensations - Let Me In and ends with The Penguins - Earth Angel. Lots of goodies fill it up in-between.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting cast.
Some company should re-release the dvd.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to know how I can see this beast! I'm interested!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally rented this on Netflix!

I really liked it.......it's the kind of story I love.

Rainbow Forest looks so much like a tv mans Winona Ryder.........alot!

For me Mark Hamil and Cindy Williams stood out as favorites.

I think actaully alot of Rewinders would like this one for sure [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna see it too!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
This is an excellent TV movie - definitely worth a watch - who knows, you may love it [Smile]

It's fairly affordable:

amazon.co.uk: Earth Angel DVD (NTSC) (R1)

amazon.com: Earth Angel DVD

and like Muffy said, it's on Netflix. Yay!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Netflix yay!

I really hope some of you guys hunt this down....it's really good and feels so much like an 80's movie..........totally!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cheer's m'dears!
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and I thought it was as thread about me haha. Incidently, my name does not come from this film. [Razz]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
and I thought it was as thread about me haha. Incidently, my name does not come from this film. [Razz]

Everytime I would see this pop up I thought of you lovely...........always thought of you [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home