iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Side Out (1990) C. Thomas Howell (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Side Out (1990) C. Thomas Howell
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've got this on order,managed to get a region 1 dvd import for just under £5 uk pounds ,been wanting to watch it for an age,always liked most of c thomas howell's movies - soul man,kid,red dawn,secret admirer etc. ,so i thought from the good word of mouth it gets on here it's worth giving a shot! i'm sure i'll like it!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll definitely enjoy it! It's an 80's style movie stuck in the 90's. Think North Shore!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
an 80's style movie stuck in the 90's, i like the sound of it even more now valley,never seen north shore,is that a surfing movie set in hawaii? if so that sounds fun as well!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mentioned North Shore because Side Out has a similar premise about a guy with natural abilities that with a bit of coaching could hang with the pros.

TYW.. you should definitely check out the North Shore thread:

North Shore (1987)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
had a good feeling i'd really like side out and i did,just wished i hadn't left it so many years to watch it,better late than never i suppose! all i've got to do now is hunt down - a tigers tale ,another early c thomas howell movie i've been wanting to see!
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Bernie, I guess you're pretty good at playing an a-hole, because you also played a good one in Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood as well and, like in Weekend at Bernie's you get killed, this time by Jason. Yeah, that's what you get for using Tina's mom to shield you from Jason, ya jerk lol.
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched this movie on cable the other day after not having seen it for a few years. I used to watch beach volleyball when Randy Stoklos & Sinjin Smith were the called the Kings of the Beach, they even had a video game out with them as the champions, so it really helped the movie by having them in it.

Did anyone else catch Randy Stoklos as one of the basketball players in Better Off Dead?

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kings of the Beach game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NfzGf00Xoc&feature=related

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
JCWBobC.. I've been playing "Kings of the Beach" all evening .. you can download it online for free. It was made by Electronic Arts which went on to a little bit of fame with a game called Madden Football!

Side Out!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home