iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Help with 2 movies.... early 90's.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with 2 movies.... early 90's.
vorguees
Rewind Curious
Member # 8385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vorguees   Author's Homepage   Email vorguees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody!

In the last couple of years I've trying to get in touch with my past. I have searched for series and movies, but there are 2 movies I haven't find Because I can't remember the names, and I hope you could help me find them.

I watched them when I was around 10 years old, (1994 approximately), I watched them on Channel Fox, and I don't now if they were made for TV or to be shown in theaters.

The First one, is about a boy, who is collecting cards. These cards have one letter on it, and when someone completes the word MOTOR with the cards wins $50,000 dlls or something like that. During the movie the kid finds a car (Red Sport Car), with a dead guy on it (and a card), so he toss the guy out of the car and takes the car, as he doesn't reach the pedals, he wears some wooden things strapped to his feet. At the end he finally completes the word with the cards. That's all I can remember from that movie.

For the second one, I only can remember the final scene. The city of NY it's about to be destroyed by a Giant Wave. There is this guy who is on a scubba diving suit, and is trying to de-arm a bomb, the time runs out, he says something to the crew, and bombs explode. But, he wakes up in a platform, inside an alien ship, where there are this "walls" made of liquid, that shows him how the wave it's about to destroy the city. He tries to talk with the aliens, and shows some emotions, and convice them "not to destroy " the city. Then the ship emerges from the sea, and this guy comes back to his crew.

I know it's not a lot of information, but It has passed over 12 years since the last time I watched those movies, and for the last 4 years there have been those images in my head of those movies, that I want to get out, just like when you have an old song that you can't quite remember in your head, and then when you hear it again, it stops bugging you.

I hope someone here could help me with these two movies, I've tried to do a lot of research, reviewing listings, forums, trailers, but I haven't had any luck.

Thank you all for reading!

[ 08. November 2009, 15:29: Message edited by: vorguees ]

Posts: 3 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the second movie "The Abyss"?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vorguees
Rewind Curious
Member # 8385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vorguees   Author's Homepage   Email vorguees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Valley,

You are right!!! It is the Abyss! Thank you thank you, so much!

One down, and one to go... [Big Grin]

Posts: 3 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie is Motorama, 1991:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104922/

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vorguees
Rewind Curious
Member # 8385

Rate Member
HEy 80'sRocked!

OMG, thank you!!!!, I tried to look for it by Motor, and motorsomething, and I couldn't find it!!!!

Thank you so much, you are the best man!

Now, I'll see why I have had those flash backs...

Once again, Thank you!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home