iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Contact Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Contact Blu-ray
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

80'sRocked did you love Contact? ... Then 'prove' it!

I've always been enamored with the stars. In 5th grade, we had to do a bulletin board project for Parent's Open House at my grade school...our theme was "Reaching For the Stars". I worked with a great friend at the time named Rory who has since grown up to become a brilliant artist. My creative ideas and his artist abilities made for quite a night...we even had three telescopes outside pointed at the moon to enhance the experience.

We incorporated the reality of the NASA space program with tv shows like Star Trek, Space 1999, and movie like Star Wars. I was just a kid, but I had so much fun researching and creating that bulletin board that I still remember it vividly today.

That might be why I enjoy the movie "Contact" so much. Brought to life from the vision of Carl Sagan and "Back to the Future" director Robert Zemeckis....Contact is a visual treat to enjoy on Blu-ray.

-

Jodie Foster's passionate performance brings the movie to life in my opinion. The speech at the end is just compelling to watch for someone that dreamed of the stars as a kid.

Wanna take a ride?

[ 06. November 2009, 15:52: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
80'sRocked did you love Contact? ... Then 'prove' it!

lol Valley! You have no idea how much I love this movie. As soon as I get a Blu-Ray player or PS3, which is hopefully soon, this is the first flick going into it! Great write-up and I have to agree about the performance of Foster. I know that alot Rewinder's on here don't care much for her, but even they have to admit that she did a stellar job on this one. The whole concept of space and time travel has wowed me forever and this immediately became my all-time favorite movie after only watching it one time! I can't count how many times I have seen it since then. I have to admit that I was a bit bummed at the end when you see the "pod" drop straight through into the net and you are left wondering if she really did make the whole thing up. But now I have a greater appreciation of how the writer's left it open to imagination and interpretation....including the entire "hoax" theory surrounding the one and only Hadden.

-  -

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Explorers' for adults (better ending).

quote:
I have to agree about the performance of Foster. I know that alot Rewinder's on here don't care much for her
Who?! Nobody knocks The Foster on my watch!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home