iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Last 90's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Last 90's Horror Movie You Watched is
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Alien is highly entertaining plus you get to see Julie Gray, the "Shot in the Dark" girl topless (among others):

And what do you know, just noticed that she´s also in School Spirit. So it´s back to school tonight!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Shadowzone features some pretty cool splatter effects,Meridian aka Phantoms has a great atmosphere,both have an abundance of female nudity especially Meridian with the two beautiful female leads Sherilyn Fenn and Charlie Spradling.

Meridian can be a little slow at times but never boring,Shadowzone the alien when revealed at the end in its true form looks a little underwhelming,Meridian is the better of the two movies when it comes to location shooting and is at times beautiful to look at whilst Shadowzone is certainly the more tense of the two.

Last night i watched Shadowzone too. Pretty decent flick from J.S. Cardone which plays out a lot like
Galaxy Of Terror (1981) meets From Beyond (1986). And i couldn't help noticing it has more than a few
things in common with the later Event Horizon (1997) too.
Louise Fletcher and James Hong provide some star power, and like Young Warrior said, the effects are
graphic and gory.

I still own Cardone's The Slayer (1982) on video, so maybe it's time to hook up the VCR and revisit that one !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool that you liked Shadowzone Johnny,The Slayer is great and in much need of a Blu Ray release,the old vipco Dvd release I watched of it sometime back was a bit of an embarrassment!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Really enjoyed Dr.Alien,thought it was seriously daft but also much funnier than what I had expected, Just One of The The Guys Billy Jayne aka Billy Jacoby was terrific in the lead role and there's quite a smattering of female nudity on display!

A lot of fun though obviously it won't appeal to everyone and I think from the cover alone (above) you can get a pretty good idea of what type of movie you are letting yourself in for!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Runestone (1991).

This movie was a disappointment. It´s unatmospheric and you didn´t care about the characters at all.

The premise is interesting, norse evil unleashed and ragnarök (the end of the world) coming.
They just don´t know what to do with the story and the monster (the wolf Fenrir) looks pretty bad. Avoid.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll scratch it off the list, thanks for sacrificing yourself for me [Smile]
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Prom Night III: The Last Kiss (1990).

The series took a left turn here because this is more a spoof than anything else.
It was a disappointing film because the cast, the characters and the story all lacked that something.
The old school special effects (lasers and electricity) pleased me though and Courtney Taylor was smoking hot as Mary Lou Maloney.
I would´ve followed her to hell in an instant to be her sex slave for all eternity [Big Grin]

Courtney Taylor
 -

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Prom Night 3 is the only one from the series I've yet to see,watching the trailer for it sometime back it did feel that they gone for a more comedic tone though did you know Atomik that part 3 is actually cut in most territories with I think the Australian DVD being one of the only uncut prints of the film in circulation!

It's got edits for violence,language and nudity -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098136/alternateversions

Don't know if uncut it would make for a better movie but if the cast,characters and story are slightly lacking I wouldn't have thought so!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i read it from Wiki and both my vhs tape and the finnish dvd were indeed edited versions.
Then i found the uncut version from YouTube and quickly checked what i had missed but it´s really nothing that special.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this part 3 / part 4 double feature dvd laying around somewhere..

-

So far i've only seen part 1 and 2 though.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Prom Night IV: Deliver Us from Evil (1992)

"Carrying on the Prom Night tradition, this film begins back at Hamilton High School on Prom Night in 1957.
As a young couple are enjoying a romantic moment together in the back seat of a car, they are interrupted by Father Jonas, a priest who slashes and immolates the lovers.
Thirty years later, Jonas gets loose from the chapel basement where the church fathers had been secretly keeping him locked up and drugged.
As luck would have it, it's prom night again, and group of four students have unfortunately chosen Jonas's hideout as their secluded getaway spot." (IMDb)

It´s back to serious horror with this sequel and i like the premise but the film includes too much aimless wandering and illogical behavior.
Few effective death scenes (the burning crosses) and very hot lead actress Nicole de Boer can´t save this one.

-

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home