iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Whats the best movies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats the best movies?
lab
Rewinder
Member # 2530

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lab   Author's Homepage   Email lab   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I noticed there isn't much topics or anything on the 90s in here so maybe we can get started by saying whats are favorite 90s moives are?!
Just a few of mine are:

Dreamcatcher
Jay and silent bob
True Lies
Spiderman
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Posts: 48 | From: texas | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dazed and Confused
Detroit Rock City
Falling Down
Happy Gilmore
Dumb and Dumber
Pulp Fiction
Theres Something About Mary
The Sandlot
The Wedding Singer

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessicka Rabid
Master Rewinder
Member # 2479

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessicka Rabid   Author's Homepage   Email Jessicka Rabid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreamcatcher, Jay and Silent Bob, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Spiderman all came out in the 2000's. [Smile]
Posts: 127 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkinnyPuppy
Master Rewinder
Member # 2354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SkinnyPuppy   Email SkinnyPuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the 70's, the original Chainsaw Masacre was around '74.
That house (Ed Gein's house, the real guy) is not far from here, it's in the same county I live in.
The movie(s) had little to do with the reality of Gein's atrocities. In real life he was trying to make a "woman costume" out of the skin of females. This inspired the fictional "Buffalo Bill" in The Silence Of The Lambs. I saw a film of him being interviewed by a psychiatrist once, the guy was off his rocker.

Posts: 278 | From: Austin, TX USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read the true Ed Gein story...man, that was one effed up oedipal dude.

Movies I also loved from this much maligned decade:
Sense & Sensibility
The Piano
Reservoir Dogs, Pulp & Jackie Brown
The Usual Suspects
Cinema Paradiso
Goodfellas
Fargo

I'm glad you guys like the '90s too...life is too short to keep wishing for things that won't come back. I life to reflect & laugh at the past, but the best is always yet to come.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a list of top 90's favorites on here already, but I thought of another one that I really liked, and was probably about the last movie I enjoyed watching at the movies, and that was:

The Game-with Michael Douglas

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lab
Rewinder
Member # 2530

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lab   Author's Homepage   Email lab   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooops i meant to say any movies but yay i guess aim for the 90s since I need to say at topic here..... [Razz]

[ 08. April 2004, 11:21: Message edited by: lab ]

Posts: 48 | From: texas | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey lab, I noticed you liked True Lies. I also thought that was a very cool show. I liked the way the opening sort of payed tribute to Sean Connery in Goldfinger. They both came out of the water wearing a diving suit with a white tux jacket on under it. Arnald lights up a cigar like Connery lit up a cigarette just as the place explodes in the background and they stroll right out of the front gate.
I think they should have kept making sequels to this one. Harry Tasker could have become a household name like James BOnd. I liked the chemestry between Schwarzenegger and Tom Arnald.
They worked great together. And then the mighty James Cameron directed it... One of my favorite Schwarzenegger films after the Terminator franchise.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's Chick
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80's Chick   Author's Homepage   Email 80's Chick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the best movies I thought where:

Jurassic Park,
Jurassic Park2,
Terminator 2:Judgment Day,
The Sixth Sense,
Back to the Future 3,
Fight Club,
The Wedding Singer.
theres lots more than that but I can't think of them at the minute.

Posts: 364 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to put my two pence worth in... Some great films include:

Mystery Men
The Usual Suspects
Groundhog Day
Grosse Point Blank

Isis i have to agree. The Game is fantastic!

Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Shawshank Redemption was a very good movie.
I also liked Terminator 2 and The Matrix.
The Phantom was cool. I thought they did a pretty decent job bringing the Phantom to the big screen.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80's Chick
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2405

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80's Chick   Author's Homepage   Email 80's Chick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah The Matrix I foregor about that one.
love that movie.

Posts: 364 | From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cae
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cae   Author's Homepage   Email cae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man...theres too many films to choose from cuz when i try to think of sum i think of more!!
just a few:
snatch usual suspects
pulp fiction brassed off
shawshank redemption fifth element
goodfellas starship troopers
robin hood prince of thieves big lebowski
doc hollywood ronin
unforgiven ringu
a few good men green mile
braindead blair witch project
my cousin vinny dogma
true romance GO!
jurasic park EDTV
dazed and confused
mallrats
chasing amy
leon
maverick
and even tho it was 2000-battle royale as well

and thats just some of the ones i like...and have in my collection.theres just so many great films out there is too hard to pick just a few!

Posts: 394 | From: dudley,west midlands,england | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cae
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cae   Author's Homepage   Email cae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about the names of the films being so close together,i didnt type it like that ....
Posts: 394 | From: dudley,west midlands,england | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home