iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Hand that Rocks the Cradle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have liked this movie.

The other night I watched Bed of Roses, and the little girl that is in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, plays Mary Stuart Masterson's character as a child in Bed of Roses, so I looked her up to see what she looks like now, and I couldn't believe how grown up she is :

Her name is Madeline Zima:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2389808640/nm0956526

She is so cute.

I can't believe that this movie is 16 years old already.

Posts: 13482 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like both movies you just mentioned. I know that Bed of Roses is more of a chick flick, but it has Masterson and Slater....good combo.
Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was filmed in the neighborhood I live in.....so was 10 Things I hate About You. Still a great creepy movie though....De Mornay was great!
Posts: 2908 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like this movie also de mornay played a great part in this flick one of the best i have seen for sure she was just evil!! lol dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was filmed in the neighborhood I live in.....so was 10 Things I hate About You. Still a great creepy movie though....De Mornay was great!

Hello Muffster, make anyone cry today?

I was thinking about heading down to Club Skunk to catch the last set from "Letters To Cleo". I know their no Bikini Kill or Raincoats, but.....

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha! Valley I take it you've seen 10 Things! It's still not as great as our favorite 90's teen movie [Wink] ha I haven't watched it in awhile might need to get on that.......
Posts: 2908 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course Muffy, I even remember your encounter with the infamous Joey Donner. Didn't you sell him some nose spray for his commercial or something? ha

I actually haven't watched "10 Things" since the death of Heath Ledger, but I'm with you that I need to get it back on my playlist.

I've been keeping up with Joseph Gordon-Levitt though.....I really enjoyed the flick "The Lookout" and the unique "Brick" as well.

As far as "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" it was a very good thriller and extremely creepy because it was quite believeable.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
It's still not as great as our favorite 90's teen movie

What might that be?

As far as "10 Things", I thought it was decent. Ledger and Levitt were pretty good. I was never a huge fan of Stiles, but she did fit that role perfectly as the "tough chick".

Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't watch "The Hand that rocks the cradle" any more. When my sister was younger (about 10, so 1993) she loved the film and made us watch it over and over. I know it's a really good film, but if I ever have to watch it one more time, I'll scream!

She did the same thing to us with "Drop Dead Fred" and "Grease" - although I'll never tire of watching "Grease".

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never could make it through 5 minutes of Drop Dead Fred-so I can feel your pain on that one.

I actually watched The Hand that Rocks the Cradle- a couple nights ago, after talking about it in this thread.

Is the House from the movie someone's actual house? Do they tour it now? I love that house.
I love how they kind of transform it and fix it up through out the movie.

I wondered about the Dr.'s house too, it was a very unique looking house.

I like Annabella Sciorra. I like her in the movie "The Night we Never Met".

Posts: 13482 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure looked like it was filmed in a real house.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both female leads in that were great. I thought Ernie Hudson stole the show though..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I never could make it through 5 minutes of Drop Dead Fred-so I can feel your pain on that one.

I actually watched The Hand that Rocks the Cradle- a couple nights ago, after talking about it in this thread.

Is the House from the movie someone's actual house? Do they tour it now? I love that house.
I love how they kind of transform it and fix it up through out the movie.

I wondered about the Dr.'s house too, it was a very unique looking house.

I like Annabella Sciorra. I like her in the movie "The Night we Never Met".

OMG How can you not like drop dead fred....
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. I love Drop Dead Fred..
Rik Mayall rules..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home