iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Hand that Rocks the Cradle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have liked this movie.

The other night I watched Bed of Roses, and the little girl that is in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, plays Mary Stuart Masterson's character as a child in Bed of Roses, so I looked her up to see what she looks like now, and I couldn't believe how grown up she is :

Her name is Madeline Zima:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2389808640/nm0956526

She is so cute.

I can't believe that this movie is 16 years old already.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like both movies you just mentioned. I know that Bed of Roses is more of a chick flick, but it has Masterson and Slater....good combo.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was filmed in the neighborhood I live in.....so was 10 Things I hate About You. Still a great creepy movie though....De Mornay was great!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like this movie also de mornay played a great part in this flick one of the best i have seen for sure she was just evil!! lol dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
The Hand that Rocks the Cradle was filmed in the neighborhood I live in.....so was 10 Things I hate About You. Still a great creepy movie though....De Mornay was great!

Hello Muffster, make anyone cry today?

I was thinking about heading down to Club Skunk to catch the last set from "Letters To Cleo". I know their no Bikini Kill or Raincoats, but.....

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha! Valley I take it you've seen 10 Things! It's still not as great as our favorite 90's teen movie [Wink] ha I haven't watched it in awhile might need to get on that.......
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course Muffy, I even remember your encounter with the infamous Joey Donner. Didn't you sell him some nose spray for his commercial or something? ha

I actually haven't watched "10 Things" since the death of Heath Ledger, but I'm with you that I need to get it back on my playlist.

I've been keeping up with Joseph Gordon-Levitt though.....I really enjoyed the flick "The Lookout" and the unique "Brick" as well.

As far as "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" it was a very good thriller and extremely creepy because it was quite believeable.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
It's still not as great as our favorite 90's teen movie

What might that be?

As far as "10 Things", I thought it was decent. Ledger and Levitt were pretty good. I was never a huge fan of Stiles, but she did fit that role perfectly as the "tough chick".

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't watch "The Hand that rocks the cradle" any more. When my sister was younger (about 10, so 1993) she loved the film and made us watch it over and over. I know it's a really good film, but if I ever have to watch it one more time, I'll scream!

She did the same thing to us with "Drop Dead Fred" and "Grease" - although I'll never tire of watching "Grease".

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never could make it through 5 minutes of Drop Dead Fred-so I can feel your pain on that one.

I actually watched The Hand that Rocks the Cradle- a couple nights ago, after talking about it in this thread.

Is the House from the movie someone's actual house? Do they tour it now? I love that house.
I love how they kind of transform it and fix it up through out the movie.

I wondered about the Dr.'s house too, it was a very unique looking house.

I like Annabella Sciorra. I like her in the movie "The Night we Never Met".

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure looked like it was filmed in a real house.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both female leads in that were great. I thought Ernie Hudson stole the show though..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I never could make it through 5 minutes of Drop Dead Fred-so I can feel your pain on that one.

I actually watched The Hand that Rocks the Cradle- a couple nights ago, after talking about it in this thread.

Is the House from the movie someone's actual house? Do they tour it now? I love that house.
I love how they kind of transform it and fix it up through out the movie.

I wondered about the Dr.'s house too, it was a very unique looking house.

I like Annabella Sciorra. I like her in the movie "The Night we Never Met".

OMG How can you not like drop dead fred....
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. I love Drop Dead Fred..
Rik Mayall rules..

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home