iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Crow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Crow
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching something on TV the other night about the top bad curse type things that have happened to people in Hollywood. They were talking about the story of Brandon Lee and how he was killed on the very last day of shooting this movie. I never saw it...but I thought that when I saw clips of him in the make up that he looked like the Joker in the new Batman movie.

Has anyone seen this movie?

The whole curse thing was interesting to watch.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked the original.  I think that accident happened on location in Wilmington, NC about 4 hours from me.  If I'm not mistaken, they were messing with a gun that was supposed to have fake ammo but it was the real deal.  There's also rumor of there being a Dark Knight curse since Ledger accidentally OD'd and Morgan Freeman was in a serious car accident a few months back.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They said Billy Bob Thorton was cursed too, and that anyone that works with him, either dies young, or has had a close call with death.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original The Crow movie was awesome IMO. That was awful what happened to Lee. I liked him in other stuff as well.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crow (1994) is a cool movie.
It´s based on James O´barr comic book.

It´s really sad that both Bruce and Brandon died so young.
I wonder, how many more great movies there would be if those men were still alive?

Brandon rocks in Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991) with Dolph Lundgren!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked the Crow. I thought it was sad. It also had an awesome soundtrack. I remember the "switched" gun thing too. Sad.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Brandon above my bed on a mini poster for The Crow. I also have the soundtracks for the first two Crow movies.

It's not the same but I really love Vincent Perez too. (Also in Swept By The Sea!)

R.I.P. Brandon Lee
Such a beautiful man...

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smurfwreck
Rewind Curious
Member # 7544

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Smurfwreck   Author's Homepage   Email Smurfwreck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really dug the Crow. It's got some great performances particularly from David Patrick Kelly (of The Warriors fame; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0446314/) and Brandon Lee. Michael Wincott is a bit over the top, but besides this it sticks pretty darn close to the source comic book. Just a really good neo-noir film that was doing some fun gun-fu style action before the Matrix.
Posts: 5 | From: Rednecksville, GA | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember hearing the news of Brandon Lee's death being accidental. Media played the 'cursed' card to sell their propoganda.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is The Billy Bob Thorton Curse? Nothin' seems to have happend to Angelina Jolie yet? hahaha
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still love the first Crow, never get tired of that movie. The villains were so good, and loved Brandon in it. I was shocked by his death at the time, the Crow would have been such a great franchise had he lived.

Billy Bob is cursed? Don't say that or I'm going to be stressed over the safety of my man John Cusack!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Crow is an awsome movie...set on Halloween night, so a must see for me each October. The soundtrack is amazing.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home