iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Pretty Woman-15th anniversary edition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pretty Woman-15th anniversary edition
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is so weird that I ordered this DVD to give away for a prize at my birthday party...but I never got it on time, because it was actually released on Sept. 6th, which was the night of my party...which I thought it had been out for a long time....because the movie is older than 15 years...so I am not sure how that worked. But it was weird that I picked that date and theme.

Anyway, I watched it last night...and they put in bonus footage. It is so weird to watch a movie you have seen 20 times...and then see scenes you never saw...with them dressed in the same clothes, and looking exactly the same...

Just think how much stuff they really did do in real life, to just get the scenes that we actually saw.

Those scenes that they add....usually were cut for a reason...and all the ones in this one...were really stupid that they added in.

But, there was one really long scene that was cut...where Viven and Edward take the day to just goof around...he took off work...well at the end of the night...she makes them drive the limo down the alley way behind the Blue Banana, to go in and look for Kitt. While she is in there...Edward is waiting out side, and Carlos (the pimp) and a bunch of other thugs are waiting for Viven, and they tell Edward that she can pay the $200 that Kitt owes him. He won't leave them alone. So, Edward says something to the limo drives about his right jacket pocket, and the limo driver shows them that he has a gun...and they let them leave.

Viven has a purple ...off the shoulder..dress on, you see her in it in a club for about 2 seconds....but this scene...it make it feel like a different movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of movies have extra footage re-inserted for television broadcast. All those Zucker/Abrahams movies are like that. I'm always picking up new scenes when I catch them on TV. The one I really want to see expanded with cut footage is Meatballs. On the special edition DVD Ivan Reitman mentions that they shot like another hour worth of CIT subplots that they later edited out in order to concentrate more on the Bill Murray/Chris Makepeace relationship. I really want to see a Director's Cut/Expanded Edition of that emerge at some point. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is the other big one on my list. Supposedly that one has like 3 hours(!) of excised footage. New Line wanted to include it for the DVD release, but were unable to obtain the rights.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Meatballs on DVD...I don't remember there being any added footage that I hadn't already seen. I did like watching the special features with interviews with Chris Makepeace and the girl that plays Roxanne, and the guys that play Larry and Spaz were real life friends. The guy that plays Spaz- he was actually helping to produce the movie, and he would rehearse lines with the guys who were auditioning for the role of Spaz...he got so good at it...that they just cast him instead of hiring someone else.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there wasn't any extra footage included on the Meatballs DVD. That's what I'm saying - I wish there was. That lost hour of CIT subplots would be killer to see. It exists, so hopefully they'll include it on some future release.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home