iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Pretty Woman-my birthday theme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pretty Woman-my birthday theme
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the Special 15th anniversary edition of it.

This is the theme for my 40th birthday party...which is coming up soon.

My son is going to play Van Halen's version of "Pretty Woman" on his Guitar.

We are doing a spa party...where we are doing makeovers and stuff....and I am using the colors pink and gold...for balloons and decorations.

I just bought a lighted punch fountain...I also got a 4 tiered chocolate fondue fountain...I am making a bunch of appetizers.

I bought the DVD to give away as a door prize.

I am making treat bags up for everyone...

Everything I am putting in them is pink.

I got pink draw string treat bags....I got this cool candy...it's called Chippers and it's white chocolate with chips of raspberry candy in it. I got strawberry scented candles for everyone, I got packs of Teaberry Gum...and everyone gets to get either a lipstick or eyeshadow...or some sort of make up from my friend who's doing the Makeovers- from Mary Kay.

I am really dreading turning 40....but I am excited about having a party.

What do you guys think of my theme?

Can you think of anything else...pink...and semi small, that I could stick in my treat bags...I got kind of a "berry" theme going too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Can you think of anything else...pink...and semi small, that I could stick in my treat bags...I got kind of a "berry" theme going too.

Frankenberry cereal comes to mind....it's mighty tasty:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankenberry is my most favorite cereal ever! and you can buy it on Amazon.com. For me Halloween time means searching every local grocery store for Frankenberry and buying a few eating cereal til I have berry overload.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Frankenberry, Boo Berry and Count Chocula...it is hard to find around here. It would make a cool prize...don't ya think...I would love to win some! Ha. It is awesome to have around Halloween.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the theme of your birthday party is "A hooker with a heart of gold"? ha.

Actually, most everyone loves "Pretty Woman" and it is several people's list of favs. I used to love the Frankenberry and Count Chocula commercials.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
So the theme of your birthday party is "A hooker with a heart of gold"? ha.

Haha. At first I said to myself, "I can't believe he just called ISIS a hooker", but then it dawned on me that you were talking about the movie. My bad. [Smile]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
He was probably doing both- [Wink]

Pretty Woman is a good movie, it isn't my favorite, but 2 of my friends love it, and my one friend was just in Beverly Hills, and she said she had a "Pretty Woman" moment, she is a ultra-marathon runner...which means she runs long long marathons at high altitudes and all kinds of crazy stuff...and she was in Calfornia with her husband, who's an eye surgeon...they were running a marathon, and decided to stop to look at presents for their anniversary...my friend said she was looking at a pair of shoes, that cost $600...and the lady at the store took them right out of her hand and handed them to another person in the store.

My friend was in her running clothes, but still...so what-that doesn't mean you can't pay for expensive shoes...so her husband went and bought her a bracelet from some designer that she collects...she said she wanted to go back to the shoe store, and hold up the bracelet and say "Big Mistake" "Huge Mistake"....but they didn't do it.

Anyway....she's making my cake for my birthday, and since we are all doing a makeover thing- and Julia kind of gets one in the movie....I thought this all went together...and then I thought of doing the strawberry stuff because they eat strawberries in the movie. The cover of the anniversary DVD is pink and gold, so that's the colors I used.

But, I draw the line at serving escargo for food.

Also, since my son's favorite band is Van Halen....he wanted to play that song.

When we met the 2 Coreys...the young man in front of us ...his Dad had a huge tattoo on his leg of Eddie Van Halen, and I asked about it...they said they had seen Van Halen in concert over 390 times, and they get front row seats now...they actually hang out with the band now. They were at the concert I was at in May. They were in a magazine for being Van Halen's #1 fan, so that was kind of cool too.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same thing happen to me while streaking once in college. I had a case of beer in hand and the employee at the walk thru window took it out of my hands and gave it to this high society looking guy honest to goodness. I never bought beer from there again.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That is an interesting story- [Roll Eyes] [Confused] ...was the employee a man or a woman?
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man but I was gonna jog through regardless.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
"We're going streaking" [Big Grin]

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home