iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Outsiders TV Series???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Outsiders TV Series???
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i must have been hiding under a rock because i just discoverd this just now-i DID NOT know there was an outsiders tv show in 1990??

i was looking up info on rodney harvey (love him in the movie salsa) and reading about his death, when i noticed he played sodapop in the show. then i read that robert rusler (shag, thrashin, weird science) was in it as well??

has anyone here seen the series? i think i read it was only 14 episodes but apparently takes off right where the movie ended. i would looooooooove to see this? ..wonder if it's on dvd, hm?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of that one either. Just checked it on IMdB and noticed some other people that were in that show

David Arquette
Billy Bob Thornton
Sean Kannan--he played Mike Barnes in the Karate Kid III
Michael Madsen

Like you said it appears that it starts where the movie left off as there's no Dallas or Johnny roles

here's a link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096673/

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks sam the man [Big Grin]

i am so intrigued now. i must get my hands on the series.

i just saw a trailer for it on youtube. it doesnt' look bad at all.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a few other things I noticed

Kim Walker who played Heather Chandler in 'Heathers' was also in this and she too has died along with one other cast member besides the aforementioned Rodney Harvey.

Boyd Kestner who played Darry in the show has the same birthday as me; day/month & year.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

wow, i didn't realize that was heather chandler playing cherry valance lol.
i didn't recognize her at all. and how ironic...she died of a brain tumor?

rodney died from overdoes. he was once so handsome and then became a junky - he looked horrible before he died.

check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9RguaCuoP4

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew about this either! Was it one of those syndicated shows, I wonder?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when it came on TV me and my friend Sandy would tune in each week with great anticipation. BUT...the show wasnt as good as the movie and little by little our interst began to wane.

OhmyGod, were those Rodney Harvey Dont-Do-Drugs commercials sad or what? I remember watching them and crying my *** off! If you like him you should rent FIVE CORNERS- he has a small part but it's a good one.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i really want to see this.

that rodney harvey clip made me sad. i have never heard of five corners? actually i have only seen him in 2 movies - salsa & my own private idaho.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a huge fan of the movie "The Outsiders", I was stoked to watch the tv show. I remember the first episode was introduced by Bart Simpson. Oh and the first scene was actually from the movie where Matt Dillion is gunned down. Then it introduced the actors and Kim Walker as Cherry Valance definitely caught my eye.

The tv series was short lived, but enjoyable.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major
Rewinder
Member # 7478

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for major   Author's Homepage   Email major   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have copies of the series on dvd (the pride and joy of my dvd collection).

I also run an official website for one of the actors in the series, Boyd Kestner.

boydkestner.net

Posts: 36 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Well, i watched The Outsiders (the original film) yesterday
and just watched the 90-minute tv-series pilot.

I think that it was awesome! Such a fantastic cast, juts like in the original movie.

Jay R. Ferguson was very good as Ponyboy. just as good as C. Thomas Howell and you have to know that i love C. Thomas.
Rodney Harvey played Sodapop. In the movie Rob Lowe was Sodapop and his role wasn´t that big.
In the series we see much more this funny fella who´s always hungry [Smile]
The head of the family is Darrel, played by Boyd Kestner. He does a solid job but not many can beat Patrick Swayze.

Harold Pruett is Steve Randle and David Arquette plays Two-Bit, good role from him.

In the beginning we can see Dallas´ funeral so the series needs a new tough guy.
Robert Rusler was the perfect choice to be the new Tim Shepard.
In the movie he was played by Glenn Withrow.

Very pretty Kim Walker is Cherry Valance and Heather McComb is very good as Belinda "Scout" Jenkins.
Always solid Scott Coffey is Randy and Sean Kanan (Karate Kid III, Rich Girl) is Gregg Parker, the leader of the Soc gang.
Billy Bob Thornton gives a good role as the bar owner and even Leo DiCaprio can be seen in a small role.

Although the pilot episode garnered 14.1 million viewers and was Fox's highest rated drama in the network's history,
ratings quickly dropped off and Fox cancelled the show. 13 episodes were made.

I would love to see a complete series dvd package on sale someday.

Finnish VHS cover art for the pilot episode
 -

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home