iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dogma - Hadn't seen this in years, forgotten just how funny it is. Piece of brilliance this film [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
One of my faves too, 80'sRocked! i think it was written by the same guys who wrote Wargames, another good one!

People always say, "they don't make em' like this anymore" to just about any genre. But a movie like Sneakers, really hasn't been seen since, that I can remember!

Great ecclectic cast, good solid story, suspense, light comedy a little violence, and a great score by James Horner. This movie has amazing repeat watchability, even though it is a twist and turn kinda movie!

Solid flick! I miss this kind of filmmaking!

So true guys, so true!
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One of my faves too(Sneakers), 80'sRocked! i think it was written by the same guys who wrote Wargames, another good one!

People always say, "they don't make em' like this anymore" to just about any genre. But a movie like Sneakers, really hasn't been seen since, that I can remember!

Great ecclectic cast, good solid story, suspense, light comedy a little violence, and a great score by James Horner. This movie has amazing repeat watchability, even though it is a twist and turn kinda movie!

Solid flick! I miss this kind of filmmaking!

Aint that the truth Jay Lee as far as repeat watchability! I watch it at least 5 times a year and probably have seen it close to 100 times since 1992....no joke. Brilliant flick from start to finish.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of the more accurate hacker flicks out there... I miss the early 90s... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Due to Chuck's recent statements, I found this a little hard to watch! In all honesty, the man's a douche! But I do enjoy the old Cannon flicks so...

-

5 people died in a helicopter crash, while making this movie. It is mentioned in this short doc. Also talks about the heli accident on TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE, where actor Vic Morrow and two children were killed, due to the distgusting negligence of director, John Landis! If you ask me, Landis should have gone to prison. Check out...

youtube

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched A FEW GOOD MEN.. again. i love this movie.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Act - Hmmm, this hasn't aged all that well.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Blade
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

LOVE this movie!!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EJ, I'm amazed by how many people either love "The Boondock Saints" or have no idea what I'm talking about. Great flick.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it. Anything with Willem Dafoe is worth watching though... It's on the list!

Thanks guys... [Smile]

Did you know they made part II to this movie???

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300851/

[ 29. April 2009, 08:01: Message edited by: jdocster ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea Jdocster. I will have to look into that.

Valley, I love this movie. I have seen it probably 50 times. I agree, either you love it or you hate it. But I am shocked that it was never a really popular movie. It was a huge college town movie after it was released to video, but did horrible in the theaters.

"Do you now what we need man? Some rope"

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER... for the umpteenth time!

And here is the real star of that movie....

-

Henry Czerny as Deputy Director of CIA, Robert Ritter! This guy makes the movie!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Great choice Jaylee. This is way better that Patriot Games I think, though that is good too.

-

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat
Rewind Curious
Member # 7951

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"King of New York" (Abel Ferrara), recommended in a very interesting list of the 50 best '90s movies : http://www.hollywood90.com/article-30584729.html

I was not disappointed, it's really a great, great movie !

There is also a top 50 for the '70s : http://www.hollywood70.com/article-30585610.html and for the '80s : http://www.hollywood80.com/article-30586246.html

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
quote:

Great choice Jaylee. This is way better that Patriot Games I think, though that is good too.

-

-

Yeah... my fave of the four Tom Clancy/ Jack Ryan flicks! Heard a rumour that Ryan Gosling is the new Ryan for forthcoming films [Confused]

Just saw this....

Decent Serial killer romp, if you can get past the "Nancy Drew" acting kid! The religious Psycho is pretty damn spooky!

-

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Singles (1992). Written together with directed by Cameron Crowe and starring Campbell Scott, Kyra Sedgwick, Matt Dillon, Bridget Fonda, Sheila Kelley, Jim True, James LeGros, Bill Pullman, Devon Raymond, Camilo Gallardo and Jeremy Piven. Seattle denizens try to find love to say nothing of happiness amidst the city's grunge explosion.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Dumb and Dumber - By far my favourite Jim Carrey film [Big Grin]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER 1999

-

Im not big on Travolta, but this is a really decent movie, that I watch regularly! good characters, good dialogue (probably cuz it's based on the book), great unorthodox score and really good cinematography.

I have an immense distaste for rape scenes, but it is so poignant and hardhitting here, that the movie would suffer if it wasn't shown as the truly brutal act that it is. It is the focal point of the whole story, and I think that the movie deals with it in a smart, yet disturbing way. Highly recommended.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
Dumb and Dumber - By far my favourite Jim Carrey film [Big Grin]

Me too....not only my fave Jim Carrey movie, but one of my fave comedies of all-time!

"I'm talking about a place where the beer flows like wine". [Big Grin]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] Same here, I would put it in my top 5 comedies.

Fave quote: She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.  -

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dumb And Dumber has more quotable lines per min. that any movie ever made!

When a line like this, is a throwaway line, that is comedy gold!

"You know, The Monkees were a major influence on the Beatles"

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MotleyRulz,

I remember seeing "The Devil's Advocate" in the Cinema. I thought it was a great film.

It was also the first time I'd ever seen Charlize Theron.

What did you think of it?

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home