iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 55)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT NIGHT (1992)

-

Spotted this one late last night and decided to give it another go. I tried watching a couple times before and always lost interest and either fell asleep or switched to something else. But I was able to make it to the end this time.

It's not a bad movie if you are into these coming-of-age, young romance kind of flicks. The very young Juliette Lewis and C. Thomas Howell are both alright on their own, but they have very little on-screen chemistry to me in this one. This movie is the kind of mushy, puppy love stuff that makes my stomach crawl, so I had to choke back the vomit a little. I will say the coming-of-age story with the pint-sized Eliza Dushku is what saves this movie from being total trash for me. Without it I could not give this movie a good review at all. So I suppose it's worth a watch for that, but everything else is nauseating romantical crap with a little bit of drama thrown in.

My Final Score: 3/10

[ 09. January 2023, 15:40: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rookie - A highly enjoyable buddy cop film. Clint looked like he was having the time of his life and there was lots of funnies from him and good action scenes. The only thing I wish is that they woulda lightened up Charlie's character a little sooner as he was just way too dry and serious through most of it. When they did so in the last 20 minutes it really took it up a few notches. The ending was super corny, loved it! 8/10
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rookie is indeed a very good buddy cop film. I liked that Clint passed the action star torch to Charlie in the film (Check out the end scene). But that was 1990 and he´s still acting so... [Smile] A strong 8/10 from me also.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's crazy isn't it [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watch this for a bit of a laugh and to remember computing back in the modem days.

Hack the planet!

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen Hackers. I also enjoy watching these stupid 90s computer/sci-fi films so i think i´m gonna get this one.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Daytrippers (1996), written and directed by Greg Mottola, who also wrote Adventureland. This was a cute little indie movie, starring Hope Davis, Liev Schreiber, Parker Posey and Anne Meara. “When she discovers a love letter written to her Husband by an unknown paramour, the distraught Eliza turns to her tight knit Long Island family for advice.”
This was a cute movie if you are into low budget indies, plus there is a little twist at the end.

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Brain Dead - I loved this!! 1990 but had that wonderful dingy, cheapish looking beautifully grainy, gripping, slightly TV feel of great 80s stuff like Scanners. I'm glad I never saw a trailer for it or anything as it really turned into something I was not expecting at all. Bill Pullman was great. So were the effects. I didn't know what the hell was going on and I don't want to look for any interpretations or anything. Sometimes I just like weird to just sit there as weird. 9/10

Vampire In Brooklyn - The middle third really lets this film down. I love the opening with the ship crashing in and the setting up of the Renfield character. It's the perfect blend of comedy horror. But then it just seems to forget the horror part and just rolls into a load of soppy waffle. It turns around though and becomes good again. And Angela Bassett's black and red cape like coat, WANT NOW. 6/10

Gremlins II: The New Batch - Finally, this really clicked for me at last! I was obsessed with the first film as a kid and what I liked and still do most was how even though it had funny parts it was also really dark, sombre, moving and some bits scared me. I remember like yesterday going to my friends house as she had rented this and the sheer disappointment I felt that they completely chucked all of that away for just balls to the wall crazy comedy was overwhelming [Frown] I warmed up to it a little more over the years, giving it either a 6/10 or 7/10. But today as I was feeling a bit miserable full of cold this cheered me up no end. I laughed like a loon. Especially something weird happened when John Glover looked at Grandpa Fred on the screen and said Dracula, I sounded like Mutley [Big Grin] Almost everything worked for me today (Loses a little something towards the end and I still don't appreciate the joke skitting the sad story from part 1) D!ck, Lee and Gargoyle Gremlin ftw!! 9/10

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home