iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 57)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Deadly Ground
Sleepy Hollow
Evita
Jacob's Ladder
Mortal Thoughts
Disturbing Behavior
The Firm
Home Alone (rewatch)

Posts: 3771 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Blue Murder (1995)

"Detective Sergeant Roger "The Dodger" Rogerson got fame because he knew how to take care of most dangerous and violent criminals.
His success was, however, also due to the sinister alliance with violent underworld figures like Neddy Smith who got police protection in exchange for tips and money." (IMDb)

This was a cool australian mini-series based on true events.
Nice cast, interesting story and this was also surprisingly violent at times.

I need to check out the 2017 sequel one of these days.

Posts: 7221 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Rewached Lethal Weapon 3 (1992)

Nothing much to say, this is by the numbers buddycop action comedy and a very successful one.
You watch it and you forget it.

Posts: 7221 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Two more Goldie Hawn films: Deceived (1991) and Housesitter (1992). Both only average movies i have to say.

Deceived was a typical early 90s "bad husband" thriller with some good moments.
Housesitter on the other hand was too safe and unfunny. Gotta be the first Steve Martin film without any laughs [Eek!]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Freefall (1994)

"Wildlife photographer Katy is sent to Africa by her fiance Dex, the CEO of the international company that publishes the magazine she works for, to take photos of a rare bird of prey previously thought to be extinct.
There she meets Grant, a colleague who knows his way around the place, and falls for him hard.
However, what she doesn't know is that she's the key pawn in a deadly international game of cat and mouse between the Interpol and an international criminal group." (IMDb)

Pretty poor action thriller from usually reliable John Irvin but most of all i blame the writers Les Weldon/David Zito.

Jeff Fahey and Pamela Gidley (Thrashin´, Cherry 2000) gave subpar performances but this is good fun for Eric Roberts fans. Eric always delivers [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
2103: The Deadly Wake aka Hydrosphere (1997)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118537/

"Proxate Corporation recruits a boozy former ship captain and offers him a new identity: Sean Murdoch. His job: to take charge of large ship on one voyage.
Once aboard, Murdoch realizes that the ship is a prison ship, and the cargo are criminally insane inmates. Murdoch's other problem: someone has planted bombs aboard the vessel.
Murdoch's acrimonious relationship with the prison warden lends extra drama to the story." (IMDb)

This was a subpar low-budget sci-fi action film starring Malcolm McDowell, Michael Pare and Heidi Von Palleske.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Forever Young (1992)

"A 1939 test pilot asks his best friend to use him as a guinea pig for a cryogenics experiment. Daniel McCormick wants to be frozen for a year so that he doesn't have to watch his love lying in a coma.
The next thing Daniel knows is that he's been awoken in 1992." (IMDb)

This was a surprisingly good romantic sci-fi drama written by J.J. Abrams and directed by Steve Miner.

The cast includes Mel Gibson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Elijah Wood, Isabel Glasser and George Wendt and they all did a good job.
A well done feelgood movie with a nice Jerry Goldsmith score. Recommended!

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dead Connection (a.k.a. Final Combination in Europe &Australia) starring Michael Madsen, Lisa Bonet and Gary Stretch in his breakout role. A straight to video mystery movie. Madsen plays a detective on the trail of a serial killer who signs hotel registries in the name of former boxers. Lisa Bonet, whose acting is questionable, plays a reporter sent to cover the story. Gary Stretch is the boxer/serial killer. I remember watching this with my Dad back in 1994 or 95. It was alright, good enough for a watch.
Posts: 2032 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fly Away Home
Higher Learning
The Paper
The Truman Show
Candyman

Posts: 3771 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Death Becomes Her (1992) and The Man Without a Face (1993)

Death Becomes Her is fun black sfx comedy from Robert Zemeckis.
Good stuff but includes few not so great moments. Feels like a long Tales from the Crypt episode.

The Man Without a Face is Mel Gibson´s directorial debut and i loved every minute. Wonderful cast and story, highly recommended!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"Bret Maverick, needing money for a poker tournament, faces various comic mishaps and challenges, including a charming woman thief." (IMDb)

Rewatched Maverick (1994) and still love it!
Mel Gibson and the cast in top form, great William Goldman script, nice Wilmos Zsigmond cinematography and enjoyable Randy Newman score.
Recommended!

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Mr. Wonderful (1993) with Matt Dillon, Annabella Sciorra, Mary-Louise Parker and William Hurt
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Crazy People (1990)

"A bitter ad executive who has reached his breaking point, finds himself in a mental institution where his career actually begins to thrive with the help of the hospital's patients." (IMDb)

Mediocre comedy starring Dudley Moore, Daryl Hannah, Paul Reiser and J.T. Walsh.
How can you make such a safe and lukewarm film with crazy people in it? You can see every twist and turn a mile away [Smile]
Ok, it has few fun lines but overall it´s a disappointment.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demolition Man (1993)
 -

Just because this movie seems to be shown on TV quite a lot here in the U.S. I mean I must have watched it at least 10 times this last year alone.

But anyway, ummmmm...it's just pretty much your standard Stallone Machismo flick. But give it a few more points for some good performances by the supporting cast. And maybe one more for the super cute Sandra Bullock giving the movie that little extra zing. Overall still a good solid action flick that I still enjoy even after multiple viewings.

[ 01. February 2018, 16:09: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1768 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Braveheart (1995)

Rewatched this long, epic tale and it´s still a very good film.
Gibson in top form, i love to hate Patrick McGoohan and both Sophie Marceau and Catherine McCormack look stunning.
Really enjoyed the 50-minute making-of documentary, must see stuff for any Gibson fan.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Ransom (1996)

"When a multimillionaire man's son is kidnapped, he cooperates with the police at first but then turns the tables on the kidnappers
when he uses the ransom money as a reward for the capture of the kidnappers." (IMDb)

Gibson marathon continued with this rather typical 90s thriller directed by Ron Howard.
Mel gives a cool performance but the plot is just too silly and predictable and some characters act like morons.

Can´t understand that this film was a box office hit [Roll Eyes] ´96 must´ve been a very bad year movie wise.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cold Harvest (1999)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167832/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_44

"A bounty hunter protects his dead brother's wife in a lawless world after a comet has devastated much of earth."

This was typical low-budget late 90s actioner starring Gary Daniels, Bryan "Loose Screws" Genesse and Barbara Crampton.
Basic plot but includes few entertaining action sequences.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

More Gibson: Conspiracy Theory (1997) and Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)

Conspiracy is solid stuff. Mel is good and i like some of the dialogue. Of course it gets stupider towards the end.

Lethal 4 is a waste of time. Too many faces talking meaningless crap and every other second somewhere something blows up [Big Grin] Stick with the first movie.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Payback (1999)

"After a successful heist, Porter is shot by his wife and his best friend.
They leave him there to die but when he recovers, he seeks revenge and wants his share of the money." (IMDb)

Like Point Blank (1967) this is another film based on the novel The Hunter by Donald E. Westlake.
It´s good stuff and Mel Gibson is on fire but there´s too much comedy here.

I watched both theatrical version and the director´s cut which has completely different third act. Love Maria Bello and Lucy Liu plus William Devane is fantastic.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Groundhog Day (rewatch)
Any Given Sunday
Jack
The Crying Game

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

OK spy thriller from Star Trek parts 2 and 4 director Nicholas Meyer which along with likeable lead performances from Gene Hackman and Mikhail Baryshnikov has a strong supporting cast including Terry O'Quinn and RoboCop bad guy Kurtwood Smith plus there's some interesting European location shooting including some cool shots up the magnificent Eiffel Tower.

More fun that what I had rembered it being back upon it's release with the only real disappointment being the extremely abrupt ending which was that abrupt I thought my wife had sat on the remote control!

Not bad and I thought Hackman and Baryshnikov were both pretty great here! 6.5/10

https://youtu.be/IRtUHE_CVo0 - Company Business (1991) trailer.

[ 12. March 2018, 09:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3428 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks for the review, never seen Company Business but do own the dvd.

Watched Digital Man (1995)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112867/

"An out-of-control robot is inadvertently set loose in a small community, and a crack squad of soldiers are sent to hunt it down.
Gradually, the members of the squad begin to suspect that some of them are robots. (IMDb)

Decent low-budget sci-fi actioner from Phillip J. Roth starring Matthias Hues, Adam Baldwin, Ken Olandt, Kristen Dalton, Paul Gleason and Ed Lauter.

The name of the game is Universal Soldier meets Aliens and what we get is bad computer graphics mixed with pretty entertaining action sequences.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

Two 1996 Goldie Hawn films Everyone Says I Love You and The First Wives Club.

The first one is a pretty dull Woody Allen musical and the latter had so much middle-age woman power i got dizzy [Big Grin]
So-so films imo but i have to say that i´m not among the target audience.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Little Women
Double Impact
The Waterboy
China Moon

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched the 1992 mystery thriller Consenting Adults from director Alan J.Pakula and starring Kevin Kline,Kevin Spacey and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and whilst at times unbelievably daft (especially the latter stages) it holds the attention throughout and the first 30 minutes or so are really well put together!

Positives - I dug the Georgia state and South Carolina locations and also enjoyed the performances of both Kline and a manic Kevin Spacey,music score was solid as well and the attractive Rebecca Miller disrobes on a few occasions plus i must mention again that first half hour or so as it was very engrossing stuff!

Negatives - After such a great start I sort of had a gut feeling it wouldn't be able to maintain it till the end and I was right as plot wise it wanders off into the realms of ridiculousness but still the thrills are there hence just a bit more daft than what you was hoping for!

Still overall a very entertaining 90 odd minutes! 7/10

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54w0jh - Consenting Adults (1992) trailer.

This Mill creek budget priced DVD overall has been excellent value and despite it coming with 4 films on each disc the transfers do not suffer in the way I was expecting them to and each release is in its original wide-screen ratio which is a blessing!

Consenting Adults was my last title to view from the set and though none of them will ever be considered as all time greats I found all 8 films to at least be watchable with the standouts being the sleazy Color Of Night,stylish D.O.A,daft Consenting Adults + The Rich Man's Wife and the well acted Deceived with Goldie Hawn and the late great John Heard.

-

From the remaining three - Playing God,Bad Company and The Tie That Binds I'd say despite for me them being of lesser quality than the others here are still perfectly watchable and in all truth ok thrillers!

[ 30. April 2018, 09:13: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3428 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home