iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 54)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Prayer of the Rollerboys (1990)

"Set in an unspecified time in the future, USA has declined and become a country of violence and racial prejudice.
Griffin earns his living delivering pizzas while he tries to take care of his little brother. An old friend of his, Gary Lee, is the leader of a gang with big ambitions, the Rollerboys.
Gary joins them to help the police keep track of the gang." (IMDb)

finally got to watch this Haimster film and i don´t know, it was a decent feature but sooo silly at times.
I liked the setting and it was surprisingly violent with lots of skin.
The industrial flavoured soundtrack was not my cup of tea though.

I can´t help but think that i should´ve seen this back when it was released.
The creative team Rick King/W. Peter Ilif wrote Point Break in 1991 so they definitely did have some talent.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy Prayer Of The Rollerboys but it took me a couple of viewings to warm to it,I first watched it back more or less when it hit home video here in the UK (90/91) and even back then it came across as amazingly silly but there's certainly something about it as I have definitely took to it since and have watched it numerous times!

I absolutely adored Patricia Arquette back in the day and have always found the Haimster fun to watch,also the skating was pretty ace and while the soundtrack wasn't amazing I did like the track Blown Away by King Swamp -
http://www.kingswamp.com/faq/video.html

One thing about this movie though is I can never keep a straight face when you see the Rollerboys with there long coats on swinging there arms in tandem and I can imagine when this first viewed in theatres back in the day that there was a serious amount of sniggering going on!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Fun 1992 action drama Starring Carl Weather's as Billy 'Hurricane' Smith a Texas oil field worker who travels to Australia's stunning Gold Coast to look for his sister who has mysteriously disappeared!

While there it comes to light that she was mixed up in a prostitution racket run by a despicable mob boss Charlie Dowd as played by the always great Jurgen Prochnow.

Have always liked Carl Weather's and I thought he was again very decent here and I know that he had Action Jackson a few years prior but I think it's a pity that he didn't do more of these big screen lead action roles as I do think that they suited him down to the ground and looking at his filmography that after Hurricane Smith he seemed to turn his attention mostly to TV work with just the odd big screen cameo here and there in Adam Sandler's comedies such as Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky which I think was a big shame!

-
Carl Weather's and David Argue during the finale of 1992s Hurricane Smith.

The pretty Cassandra Delaney (who was once married to the late musician John Denver) plays Weather's love interest in what too date was her final film role and also the familiar face of David Argue (BMX Bandits, Razorback) appears here as a character named Shanks.

Moves at a fair old pace and has quite the Action packed finale plus Delaney flashes some skin and the Aussie Gold Coast makes for a great setting!

Overall well worth checking out!

https://youtu.be/o8H0B8FCu_U - Hurricane Smith trailer (1992).

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

My Life (1993)

"A terminally ill man prepares for his death."

[Frown]

John Barry - Main Theme

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would like to see Hurricane Smith, watched most Weathers films during my movie marathon few years ago but still don´t own this one.

My Life is another interesting film i would like to see but is maybe a bit too depressing.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Hughes films Dutch (1991) and Curly Sue (1991) and found both of them subpar stuff.
Mediocre cast, no chemistry, no feel, bad jokes, stupid behavior etc. etc.

Dutch was directed by Peter Faiman who did Crocodile Dundee back in ´86, then Dutch and then nothing. I wonder how and why John even contacted this guy?
Hughes directed Curly Sue himself but hated the film so maybe his time was just over. Such a shame.

I think i´m going to end my Hughes journey here. I have no interest watching the Disney remakes he wrote during the late 90s-00s.

He´s always going to be one of the true legends but stick with the 80s classics, the 90s was poison for this man.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Would like to see Hurricane Smith, watched most Weathers films during my movie marathon few years ago but still don´t own this one.

My Life is another interesting film i would like to see but is maybe a bit too depressing.

Atomik have you ever seen the TV series that he done called Fortune Dane and if so was it any good?

[ 21. February 2017, 14:36: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i have the Fortune Dane pilot on vhs and here´s my review from the 80s television section:

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/16/103.html#000000

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Alienator (1990)

Haha, what a crapfest directed by the cheapomeister Fred Olen Ray [Smile]
The film stars Jan-Michael Vincent, John Phillip Law, P.J. Soles, Ross Hagen plus a bunch of nobodys and the acting is so lousy i thought i was gonna die [Big Grin]

The story moves very slowly, someone must´ve told the crew that this movie MUST be at least 90 minutes long.
So much wtf stuff here: P.J. Soles´ outfit - oh my god [Big Grin] , J-M Vincent mumbling his lines and the woman who plays Alienator, Teagan Clive, is one MASSIVE chick.
Well, i wanted to watch crap and that´s just what i got [Smile]

Take no prisoners!
 -

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More in hope for a real-life occurrence than anything else, I re-watched Dave last night.

That's not actually fair, because it's a terrific movie and all involved do really well.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Trump lookalike, though... [Smile]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Really enjoyed this 1998 spoof with Leslie Nielsen which sends up the likes of The Fugitive, Braveheart,Mission Impossible,Field Of Dreams,Titanic,Clear And Present Danger etc etc. it has so many sight gags that chances are you will bound to end up laughing at something or other!

Fun cast as well what with Leslie Nielsen you also get Rambo's Richard Crenna,Kelly Lebrock plus a brief appearance from Michael York.

Great fun!

https://youtu.be/Cq-YWo0HKuc - Wrongfully Accused (1998) trailer.

[ 14. November 2019, 00:36: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movies I've watched since May after the site is down and back up:

Getting Even with Dad (1994)
Raising Cain (1992)
A Thousand Acres (1997)
Feeling Minnesota (1996)
The Grifters (1990)
Bitter Moon (1992)
Dance with Me (1998)
Mr. Jones (1993)
The Crow (1994)
Toy Story (1995) (rewatch)
Josh and S.A.M. (1993)
Flatliners (1990)
Drop Dead Fred (1991)
So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)
Boomerang (1992)
The Arrival (1996)
Cutthroat Island (1995)
Late for Dinner (1991)
Coneheads (1993)
BASEketball (1998)
Red Rock West (1993)
Nick of Time (1995)
Bad Moon (1996)
Needful Things (1993)
The Mod Squad (1999)
Maximum Risk (1996)
Bad Lieutenant (1992)
In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
American Me (1992)
A Life Less Ordinary (1997)
D*ck (1999)
Son-in-Law (1993)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Last few weeks:

-

The Cable Guy (1996) rewatch 7/10

-

Scream (1996) 8/10

-

Scream 2 (1997) 5/10

-

CB4 (1993) 7/10

-

T-Force (1994) 8/10

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pump Up The Volume (1990)

"Mark runs a pirate radio station and causes an uproar when he speaks his mind and enthrals fellow teens."

Checked this out for the first time and really enjoyed it. Not a huge fan of the soundtrack, but it didn't affect my opinion on the movie. It's well worth watching.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) 3/10

-

Tall, Dark and Deadly (1995) 5/10

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"A species of South American killer spider hitches a lift to the U.S. in a coffin and starts to breed and kill."

Arachnophobia (1990)

A great movie that never gets old. I say this as someone that hates Spiders with a passion.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) 6/10

-

Red Blooded American Girl (1990) 4/10

-

Red Blooded American Girl II aka Red Blooded aka Hot Blooded (1997) 6/10

-

Clerks (1994) 8/10

-

Mallrats (1995) 6/10

-

Chasing Amy (1997) 7/10

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

An American Werewolf in Paris (1997) 4/10

-

Dogma (1999) 8/10

-

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) 4/10

-

I Still Know What You did Last Summer (1998) 5/10

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Apollo 13 (1995)

"NASA must devise a strategy to return Apollo 13 to Earth safely after the spacecraft undergoes massive internal damage putting the lives of the three astronauts on board in jeopardy."

Classic.  -

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Commitments (1991)
Wild America (1997)
American Beauty (1999)
The Chamber (1996)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
Singles (1992)
Velvet Goldmine (1998)
My Father the Hero (1994)
Postcards from the Edge (1990)
Outbreak (1995)
Private Parts (1997)
Jerry Maguire (1996)
Kindergarten Cop (1990)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irwin Fletcher
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37368

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Irwin Fletcher   Email Irwin Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sneakers, 1992
A favorite [Smile]

Posts: 23 | Registered: May 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Let´s put something here. Last two weeks or so:

-  -

Clifford (1994) 8/10

Martin Short´s best film, so crazy and wonderful.

-

Cool World (1992) 6/10

-

Evil Toons (1992) 6/10

-

Sorceress (1995) 8/10

For those who enjoy late night movies, not for everyone [Wink]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember mentioning Sorceress as one of my grown-up favs in the erotic movie thread some time ago. It's cool you finally got your copy and enjoyed it aTomik. [Cool]
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i also got Huntress: Spirit of the Night you mentioned there. I liked that one too.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight Days A Week

-

Year: 1997
Director: Michael Davis
Stars: Joshua Schaeffer, Keri Russell, R D Robb, Mark L Taylor, Johnny Green, Catherine Hicks, Buck Kartalian

Ever since the end of the eighties, there has been a grave decline in the ‘teen comedy’ genre. We moved from a decade in which angst and unrequited love ruled, and into a decade where all the love was immediately achieved and angst took a back seat to loutish behaviour and overt childishness. So in this barren desert of American Pie and Dude, Where’s My Car, the quiet arrival of Eight Days A Week is a welcome oasis.

The story is a simple, far-fetched one. Peter lives across the street from his one true love, Erica. Her fundamental Christian parents would love her to hook up with ‘the sweet kid from across the street’ but instead she hooks up with Nick, the school Jock. At the beginning of summer, while watching Erica playing with the local kids and a lawn sprinkler, his grandfather tells him the tale of his great, great Uncle Giuseppe, who stood under the balcony of his beloved, day and night until she finally fell for him. Realising that time was short, and that at the end of the summer, Erica was going away to college, Peter decided to give this a try, and moved into her front yard.

Now Erica wasn’t immediately impressed with this, and neither was the more forthright Nick, but Peter was determined, and stayed there. And it gave him much more than he bargained for.

In the beginning, things did not go well. For one thing, his father called him crazy, and changed the locks to prevent him going in to wash and eat. His best friend Matt spent the summer regaling him – in great detail – of his tales of sexual self-sufficiency (apparently he is one of the 0.03% of men who achieve self-fellatio – even if it did result in a broken neck). And Erica’s parents keep bringing him crucifix-shaped cookies. Things are not going well.

It’s also the rest of the neighbourhood that intrigues Peter. There’s the ‘crazy lady’ who eats in her car, tends her garden in a mask and snorkel, mows her lawn at night by torch-light, and makes phone calls when sat on the roof. There’s the guy who always drove around the block three or four times before parking. There’s Ms Lewis, the sexually frustrated lady next door, who grew to enjoy putting on a show for Peter. There was the sad man who every day wheeled his sad wife around in her wheelchair, then one day, he just stopped taking her out, and started dumping sacks of trash, at night, into the trunk of his car. There were the neighbourhood kids, whose lives followed the same pattern as Peter’s had (quiet kids being picked on by bullies). And through it all, there was Erica.

When Peter deliberately upsets her parents, Erica starts talking to him. When Peter’s grandfather dies, she consoles him. They grow to be great friends, but will they be more before the summer ends?

This movie has great performances by the main characters, and is full of laughs, as well as many long lingering shots of Keri Russell’s very well-designed body. But really it’s the understated nature of the movie that gets you. There’s no loud, crude belly laughs, and no big-name stars competing for screen time.

It’s a teen comedy the way they used to be made. And that’s a rare thing these days.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home