iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 52)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Men At Work (1990)
Very funny movie. I like it a lot!

Yeah Men At Work is well funny Chloe,did you like it when they kept playing pranks on the other two garbage men and did you laugh at this scene - https://youtu.be/3fEWj96B7RM with the two cops!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple from the late 90s:

-  -

Body Shots (1999)

"A tale of the mysterious, but necessary, mating ritual between men and women of today and everything they think about sex but are afraid to say."

Suicide Kings (1997)

"A group of youngsters kidnap a respected Mafia figure."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Usual Suspects (1995)

"A sole survivor tells of the twisty events leading up to a horrific gun battle on a boat, which begin when five criminals meet at a seemingly random police lineup."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Men At Work (1990)
Very funny movie. I like it a lot!

Yeah Men At Work is well funny Chloe,did you like it when they kept playing pranks on the other two garbage men and did you laugh at this scene - https://youtu.be/3fEWj96B7RM with the two cops!
Haha, yes, I did laugh at the part when they were playing pranks on the other two garbage men. Haha!
Haha, the link you posted, that was a funny scene as well. [Big Grin]

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched the sports drama Across The Tracks from 1990 which features a pretty decent cast,you've got a young Brad Pitt,Ricky Schroder who whenever I see I instantly think of 1979s The Champ (great film) in which he played the young lad T.J and rounding it off you have the late Carrie Snodgress who I have always thought of as being a really great actress.

What it is about is Schroder's character returns from a spell in reform school after being caught joyriding with his buddy,on his return he goes to stay with his mother (Carrie Snodgress) and his brother (Brad Pitt) in there trailer park home, his mother welcomes him back with open arms but his brother (Pitt) is a bit more apprehensive about his return and for a long stretch of the movie they do not see eye to eye but then like all good brothers they finally patch things up.

Anyhow just as things start to go well for the two bro's Schroder decides to join the local track team,his brother (Pitt) already happens to be the local track team champion and this then Pitts [Big Grin] the two brothers and runner's against each other and that is when the sparks between the two really start to fly!

Good stuff this and i must say I do like these sports themed family drama's such as Split Decisions,Sreets Of Gold and now Across The Tracks, i think that they can make for quite the crowd pleaser at times!

https://youtu.be/AGjwttet6KU - Across The Tracks trailer (1990).

-

Also watched Mobsters a gangster flick with a bit of a Young Guns feel to it where Charlie 'Lucky' Luciano (Christian Slater),Meyer Lansky (Patrick Dempsey),Frank Costello (Costas Mandylor) and Bugsy Siegel (Richard Grieco) take on Don Faranzo (Michael Gambon) and Don Masseria as played by the late great Anthony Quinn in an all out mob war during 1920s New York.

A pretty cool gangster flick this with a terrific all star cast,looks and sounds great on Blu Ray as well and if you look around it can be had a budget price,i only paid just over 4 Uk pounds (included delivery) for mine.

This new Blu Ray is the US cut of the film which runs about 16 minutes shorter than the international version,i do always tend to prefer the longer versions but here I think it makes for a lot snappier movie,another thing though it might be my imagination is I can't remember it being quite this violent,it's been a few years since I last watched it but it seemed a lot more bloody this time round so I don't know whether this cut of the movie has a few scenes that actually differ altogether from the longer international version!

https://youtu.be/iRHXWttyTL4 - Mobsters trailer (1991).

[ 03. June 2016, 18:08: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don´t recall ever seeing Mobsters, i need to pick it up.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Rookie (1990).

This was much better than i remembered, highly entertaining stuff.
The film was written by Boaz Yakin (The Punisher) and Scott Spiegel (Evil Dead II).
Clint Eastwood clearly passes the action star torch to younger generation here and in this case, Charlie Sheen.

Huge stunts, lots of great scenes, fun one-liners, cool cast and nice vehicles.
Basically this is pure 80s action mayhem and highly recommended to all 80s action freaks!

Clint´s on-going joke: Got a light?
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Mobsters is worth checking out Atomik I reckon you'd probably like it,i've always enjoyed The Rookie as well though do not own it,i was going to pick it up way back on Blu Ray but held back to see if it dropped in price but then totally forgot about it!

I will get it one day,i noticed while looking through some of Clint's available Blu Rays that the 2002 thriller Blood Works is really cheap on Blu,i have watched it but can't remember what it was like.

Have you seen it and if so is it any good ?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have the dvd and i´ve seen it but same here, remember hardly anything. Maybe it´s totally forgettable [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"A gubernatorial candidate hires a wormy special assistant whose only job is to make sure the candidate's well-meaning but incompetent brother doesn't ruin the election." (IMDb)

Black Sheep (1996) was a surprisingly bad and unfunny comedy.
It seems that Paramount tried to cash in after the success of Tommy Boy with a rushed product.

The films includes few fun moments from Chris Farley but the dialog and most scenes are just embarrassing.
David Spade sleepwalks here and had problems with director Penelope Spheeris. All this and a crap grunge soundtrack. Avoid!

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since May 2015 I have watched in no particular order:

Broken Arrow (1996)
Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)
Romeo Is Bleeding (1993)
Intersection (1994)
Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
The Shadow (1994)
Jade (1995)
I Love You to Death (1990)
Deep Rising (1998)
Fire Birds (1990)
The Haunting (1999)
Hackers (1995)
The Fifth Element (1997)
Armageddon (1998)
Jingle All the Way (1996)
Internal Affairs (1990)
The Vanishing (1993)
Holy Matrimony (1994)
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
Big Daddy (1999)
Kiss of Death (1995)
The Relic (1997)
Dragonheart (1996)
The Cutting Edge (1992)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A career thief witnesses a horrific crime involving the U.S. President. - From IMDB.

Somewhat daft but still entertaining Eastwood thriller from 1997 with a very solid supporting cast including Gene Hackman,Scott Glenn and Ed Harris.

Pretty tense opening gives way to mostly mild thrills but it moves at a pretty decent pace and even though it clocks in at around 2 hours it never bores and Eastwood gives quite a likeable performance as a veteran thief who seriously picks the wrong property to rob!

Like a lot of Warner's Blu Rays that I've watched of late this looks very decent in high def and I believe retails at a none too bad price!

Definitely worth checking out!

https://youtu.be/_Q6KGpmhAn4 - Absolute Power (1997) Trailer.

[ 07. July 2016, 03:28: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A Perfect Murder (1998)

Slick Hollywood remake of Hitchcock's Dial M For Murder starring Michael Douglas, Gwyneth Paltrow and Viggo Mortensen.

It's always fun to see Douglas playing the bad guy.. but besides that, the movie is fairly forgettable.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched The Trigger Effect (1996)

"The film follows the downward spiral of society during a widespread and lengthy power outage in Southern California." (Wiki)

This was a disappointing thriller written and directed by David Koepp based on a Twilight Zone episode.
It has few atmospheric moments but sometimes the characters were so dumb it gave me a headache.
Also, the plot really has no goal.

Elisabeth Shue looks great like she always does. Kyle MacLachlan and Dermot Mulroney also star.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you especially on "the plot really has no goal." It was such a dry, empty, aimless experience, surprising from David Koepp, whose screenplays are pretty lively even when they aren't good. The film almost dares you to try to find something memorable about it. But you can't even with Ms. Shue and the good cast.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree that Koepp has done some very good screenplays but it seems that he can also fail. Well, don´t we all.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen Mortdecai with Johnny Depp, but I understand that that was another one of his big fails. I think Carlito's Way is his best work and then Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, Bad Influence, Apartment Zero, and Mission: Impossible.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Camp Nowhere (1994).

"Morris "Mud" Himmel has a problem. His parents desperately want to send him away to summer camp. He hates going to summer camp, and would do anything to get out of it.
Talking to his friends, he realises that they are all facing the same sentence: a boring summer camp. Together with his friends, he hatches a plan
to trick all the parents into sending them to a camp of his own design, which would actually be a parent-free paradise. Blackmailing former drama teacher Dennis Van Welker into helping,
they must convince the parents that the camp is genuine, and that they aren't allowed to visit..." (IMDb)

This summer, kids rule. Well, ok. This was a pretty decent kids summer camp film.
It was directed by Jonathan Prince who wrote 18 Again! with Josh Goldstein back in ´88.

The young cast did ok and it was cool to see Christopher Lloyd and Thomas F. Wilson working together again.
We can also see Jessica Alba in her film debut here.
Lots of crazy stuff happening here but since it´s a family flick there´s always a lesson for the youngsters to learn.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Galaxis (1995)

This was fun low budget sci-fi action film directed by William Mesa.
Starring Brigitte Nielsen, Richard Moll, John H. Brennan, Roger Aaron Brown, Cindy Morgan and Sam Raimi in a small role.

Nielsen looks pretty good as the futuristic Red Sonja and Brown plays a detective with few lethal one-liners.
You can tell that the budget was minimal but Mesa sure is one heck of a sfx wizard with over 100 credits as a visual effects supervisor.

Take a little bit of Star Wars and mix it with The Terminator and voila, you have Galaxis [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the 1990 Nico Mastorakis/Peter Rader directed action thriller Hired To Kill (Blu-Ray rental) starring Brian Thompson as a mercenary who is hired by George Kennedy to free a rebel leader (Jose Ferrer) who is being kept imprisoned in a fortress by a brutal South American dictator as played by the late great and always nutty Oliver Reed.

The plan is for mercenary leader Thompson to disguise himself as a gay fashion photographer and then for him to take seven hardened female criminals/mercenaries along with him for the mission and have them be disguised as his models!

Set in South America but shot on the beautiful looking Greek island of Corfu this is full off your usual Nico Mastorakis wackiness with some bizzare dialogue and many a O.T.T situation but it's a lot of fun and builds to a fab action packed final 20 minutes that features some truly outrageous stuntwork and the fact that a stuntman tragically lost his life while on the set of the film in a helicopter Stunt that went wrong does not surprise me in the least!

Add in the fun performance's from Brian Thompson,Oliver Reed and George Kennedy and you've got yourself a very entertaining 1990's actioner!

Blu Ray looks good and features an interview with the good humoured Brian Thompson who has some hilarious stories of Ollie Reed's on screen antics!

Great fun!

https://youtu.be/0ySw1wC391k - Hired To Kill Trailer(1990).

[ 21. August 2016, 12:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I watched Hired to Kill back in the dark ages (2014) while the site was down.

It´s fun stuff and i especially liked the training targets with Oliver Reed´s face and the kissing scene was definitely also one of the many wtf moments [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

But yeah, the camera moves nicely which is not uncommon when we are talking about a Mastorakis film and the stuntwork rocks !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah Mastorakis's films in general never fail to entertain,atomik have you seen Terminal Exposure,The Naked Truth and Glitch before?

If so are they any good?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Both Terminal Exposure and Glitch are totally bonkers Mastorakis magic.

Watched TE back in late 00s and while my memory is a bit hazy i remember liking it. Needs a rewatch.

Glitch was another one i watched in 2014.
Two rookie burglars hit movie producer´s mansion and you can expect all kinds of craziness including gay ninja and Love Boat bartender Ted Lange as a contract killer [Big Grin]
Lots of beautiful babes too!

Haven´t got The Naked Truth.

[ 22. August 2016, 04:39: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Sound cool Atomik,i wish I had picked them up ages ago as I think they've now gone out of print as the prices have shot up on them considerably!

Maybe Arrow might give either the Blu Ray treatment!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

At the end of the century, Satan visits New York in search of a bride. It's up to an ex-cop who now runs an elite security outfit to stop him. - from IMDB.

Watched the Arnold Schwarzenegger action fantasy End Of Days which i did get to see in the theatres back upon its original release back in 1999 and though for me it's not quite classic Arnie I'd certainly say it's a lot of fun and features some pretty outrageous action set pieces along with solid performances from both Schwarzenegger and Gabriel Byrne who looks like he's having a hell of a time here playing Satan! - no pun intended [Big Grin]

Well directed by the always reliable Peter Hyams this is an entertaining big budget action Pic that looks and sounds pretty spectacular on Blu-ray,especially the Audio track (DTS 5.1 Master Audio) which i thought was first rate!

Great fun!

https://youtu.be/SzkwtbyiaME -End Of Days trailer (1999).

[ 29. August 2016, 15:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home