iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 51)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Hunted (1995)

"Paul is on one of his many business trips to Tokyo, as a computer-chip executive from New York, when he meets a beautiful and mysterious woman.
Later, he finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, inadvertently interrupting an assassination by a feared Ninja-cult.
As he is now the only man to have seen the face of the cult's warrior-leader and lived, he soon realizes that he is facing a markedly foreshortened life-expectancy.
Teaming up with a friendly samurai couple, on a two-centuries-old blood-feud with the Ninja, he struggles to survive." (IMDb)

The film stars Christopher Lambert, John Lone, Yoshio Harada and Joan Chen.
It starts very slowly but i have to say that this was pretty good stuff. Lambert does very little here, it´s Lone and Harada who shine.
Check out the awesome fight in a moving train after some 50 mins with lots of blood and casualties.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night of the Living Dead (1990)

Highlight for me was her running towards a huge stack of hay shouting "Hey, is anybody here?" Yes, small things [Razz]

I'm not saying this was a dreadful remake by any means, but I was just totally unmoved. When I'm watching a film and my mind starts wandering to what washing needs doing and that I need to get some gravy before the shops shut early tomorrow, well, then it isn't great.

The last 10 minutes was the stuff of nightmares, not in the way I relish.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Chain Reaction (1996)

"Two researchers in a green alternative energy project are put on the run when they are framed for murder and treason."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Plot summary - The shy teenager Tom McHugh worships his sexy neighbor Geena Matthews that lives on the other side of the street, but he does not dare to talk to her. When his parents travel with their dog for a competition and his self-confident big brother Craig McHugh unexpectedly arrives from California for a visit with a classic 1959 Cadillac, Graig decides to call Geena and schedule a date with Tom. He lends his clothes and his credit card to Tom, who cuts his hair like Craig, buy flowers while Tom calls a limousine service. However, the driver has an accident and Tom decides "to borrow" the fancy car to impress the girl. When Tom is mistakenly taken as being Craig and finds a body in the trunk, his dream-night with Geena becomes a nightmare. - from IMDb.

-

- Great fun romantic comedy starring Ethan Hawke and Terri Polo which has a very noticeable 80s feel about it and if you weren't to happen to know in which year that it was made (1991) then you could easily be mistaken for thinking that it was perhaps shot sometime in the mid to late 80s.

Besides Ethan hawke and Teri Polo also of note in the cast is the hilarious - Fisher Stevens as a completely insane flower delivery guy,Brian McNamara (short circuit) as Ethan Hawke's slimy older brother and - big trouble in little China's - Victor Wong and James Hong in small cameo's as a janitor and a fortune teller.

Features a Cool soundtrack with no less than 3 INXS songs from there 1990 album - 'X' - (suicide blonde,dissapear,on my way) plus tracks by Seal,Sonic Youth,Wilson Picket and Tone Loc so it's got some really great songs to tap along to!

-

The movie is funny but I wouldn't say constantly so but when the laughs do come there's the odd real laugh out loud moment (the scene where Ethan Hawke fights the samurai guy had me in stitches) and though it does go a bit overboard with the slapstick at times most noticeably in the scene when - Fisher Stevens falls off the bridge i would say that overall I thought the movie to be great fun and also that it had a real good - feel good vibe about it and if you're in the mood for something a bit lightweight and silly then you could do a lot worse than checking this one out!

8/10.

https://youtu.be/lpHJSFHR48Y - mystery date trailer (1991).

https://youtu.be/qKAa20ukR-s - dissapear by inxs.

https://youtu.be/psDTiUV0PNI - suicide blonde by inxs.

[ 21. February 2016, 17:06: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the review, warrior. I have a tape somewhere and need to check this one out.
Fisher Stevens is awesome in My Science Project and i hope that he´s wacky as hell in this one too [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it's worth checking out atomik,it's very uneven in places but I found it to be quite enjoyable,I think the great soundtrack helps a lot as well!

[ 23. February 2016, 04:54: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Boulevard (1994).

"A young woman named Jennefer regularly beaten and tortured by her boyfriend, gives birth and immediately gives the child up for adoption.
This sets her on an escape from the lover on the streets of Toronto. Here she meets a hardened hooker named Ola who takes her in so she won't be arrested for vagrancy.
Jennefer then decides to take up hooking to make money and has to learn to fend for herself and to protect herself from a demanding pimp named Hassan.
When Hassan kills one of the street girls, it pits him against the others and against a detective out to bust him.
Meanwhile, Jennefer's boyfriend, J-Rod, arrives in the city and relentlessly seeks her out to take her back... or kill her." (IMDb)

No happy hookers here because this is a very sad film. It certainly doesn´t help that the film is set in winter time and you can always hear this downbeat melody.
There´s lots of nudity and sleaze and i was so surprised to find out that both the writer and the director are women.

The cast is interesting: super hottie Kari Wuhrer plays Jennefer, Rae Dawn Chong is the streetgirl Ola, Lou Diamond Philips plays Hassan the pimp and Lance Henriksen is vice cop McClaren.
As i said, there´s lots of skin and even a lesbian scene between Wuhrer and Chong. Check it out if you enjoy the wrong side of the street.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rewatched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) and i just love this film!
Director Tom Shadyac was wise enough and gave Jim Carrey free hands to basically do whatever he liked.
Sean Young is good as Lt. Einhorn and Udo Kier always delivers.
Super fun stuff plus nice score which borrows heavily from both Oh Yeah and Peter Gunn.

I would like to do some pet detective work for gorgeous Rebecca Ferratti [Wink]
 -

Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NEW ENGLAND... CLAM... CHOWDEEER!
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched - ladybugs from 1992 which is a Good natured and fun family comedy starring Rodney Dangerfield and Jonathan brandis,there's some good laughs throughout this sports themed (girls soccer) comedy,Dangerfield was such a talented comedian his expressions alone always have me in stitches and I'd imagine he was an absolute blast to work with!

Fun,feel good stuff,my 8 year old son loved it!

Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruel Intentions (1999)
Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched Circle of Friends (1995) yesterday.

"'Circle Of Friends' is set in 1950's Ireland. The movie focuses on Benny Hogan and her best friend, Eve Malone.
The story centers around Benny and Eve as they enter student life at University College, Dublin. Here Benny and Eve reunite with their childhood friend, the ice-cool Nan Mahon, the 'college belle'.
They also encounter the handsome and charming Jack Foley, whom Benny quickly falls for." (IMDb)

This was a very good romantic drama, loved the beautiful irish landscapes and the great cast/ characters.
Minnie Driver is perhaps even prettier than in Grosse Pointe Blank, if that´s possible. Gotta love her.
Geraldine O´Rawe, Saffron Burrows, Chris O´Donnell also star and Alan Cumming was funny as sleazy Sean Walsh.

Life and relationships stirred by men, parents, religion and growing up. Excellent film!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This 8pk crimes of passion DVD has been a really great buy,it was under 4 UK pounds and even though it has 4 films crammed on each disc and it's from the budget label mill creek each movie has an anamorphic wide-screen release in its correct aspect ratio and with no compression problems whatsoever despite the 4 movies being on each disc.

So far I have watched

Deceived with Goldie Hawn and John Heard,that was pretty decent,good acting from both leads plus some tense moments with a cool twist at the end!

Next I watched Bad Company with Laurence Fishburne and Ellen Barkin,that while nothing overly amazing was still pretty watchable,good cast as well.

Overall It was Not bad at all!

Then I followed that up With The Tie That Binds which stars Daryl Hannah and Keith Carradine,this one was seriously daft in parts but was also very watchable and Hannah and Carradine made for a crazy pair of psycho's!

This has the weakest picture quality so far but it was still perfectly watchable.

And lastly I watched The Rich Man's Wife starring Halle Berry,Clive Owen,Peter Greene and Christopher McDonald,this to was pretty daft but a lot of fun and quite a gripping watch helped no end by a really solid cast!

So four movies in,all pretty good fun,great picture quality though The Tie That Binds looked only so-so but for i think It was just £3 pounds 80 pence or something like that i do think that this makes for a really great value DVD pack!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the red or the white Peter. Love Ace Ventura also.

Watched Sleepers. Very good

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the 1993 action thriller Nowhere To Run starring Jean Claude Van Damme,Rosanna Arquette, Ted Levine,Joss Ackland and Kieran Culkin.

Always enjoyed this one,I like the simple but entertaining plot of Van Damme being on the run when he comes across a widow and her two kids who desperately need his protection from a ruthless property developer who is doing his up most to drive them of there land,there's some good action scenes here most notably a really well shot motorbike chase involving pursuing bikes,cars and police on horseback!

This is pretty entertaining stuff actually with Van Damme in rather good form and a very hot looking Rosanna Arquette and then when you add on the great acting talents of both Joss Ackland and Ted Levine as the dastardly villains of the piece and some truly stunning location shooting in and around California State
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107711/locations
And you've got yourself a bit of a winner! 8/10.

Seen this numerous times before but this was the first time of watching it on Blu Ray and I must say I was very impressed as there's a real noticeable improvement in both picture and sound!

https://youtu.be/hWbErpqtSHg - Nowhere To Run trailer (1993).

[ 05. April 2016, 14:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´ve also always liked Nowhere to Run. It was directed by Robert "Hitcher" Harmon and i really like his style.
I agree that Rosanna looks drop dead gorgeous. Not the sleaziest action thriller based on Joe Eszterhas´ story but a very enjoyable one.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"In the midst of WWII, a group of half-witted soldiers led by a slightly smarter sergeant, battle the Germans and especially Von Kraut in the desert." (IMDb)

Watched this ZAZ / Hot Shots style Cannon flick A Man Called Sarge (1990) yesterday.
Written and directed by Stuart Gillard (he also did the Cates fantasy Paradise) and stars Gary Kroeger who was in SNL back in the early 80s.
Marc Singer, Gretchen German and Jennifer Runyon also star. Gotta love Singer and his german accent [Smile]
It´s a decent flick but nowhere near the other spoofs of the era. The jokes just aren´t that funny.
They used movie trailer voice Don LaFontaine (Terminator 2 etc.) as the narrator and beside Singer, this guy has the funniest lines in the film.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched The Ex (1997).

"In order to get her husband back, an architect's psycho ex-wife kills everybody she can get her hands on." (IMDb)

This was a fun thriller directed by Mark L. Lester who did lots of good stuff back in the day.
Of course the characters sometimes act and behave like idiots but that´s part of the charm.
Yancy Butler gives a very good performance as the wicked wacko ex and looks pretty good too.
Nothing unusual here but it kept me entertained.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last couple of nights:

-

"A young boy who witnessed the suicide of a mafia lawyer hires an attorney to protect him when the district attorney tries to use him to take down a mob family."

The Client (1994)

"A law student uncovers a conspiracy, putting herself and others in danger."

The Pelican Brief (1993)

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"A young lawyer joins a prestigious law firm only to discover that it has a sinister dark side."

The Firm (1993)

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Retroactive (1997).

"A psychiatrist makes multiple trips through time to save a woman that was murdered by her brutal husband." (IMDb)

An entertaining low-budget actioner if you can oversee some issues with the time travel and illogical behavior.
James Belushi gives a tasty performance as the misogynist redneck criminal Frank.
One can only wonder what this could have been with a better director. 88 Films will release the blu august 2016.

"Women. Can't live with them, can't blow their heads off."
 -

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
A fun movie atomik with James Belushi looking like he's having a blast this is slated for a UK Blu Ray release soon from 88 films - http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18961#comments

Every movie of late that 88 Films has listed for Blu Ray release I don't actually own,you've got - The Couch Trip,Bronson's Messenger Of Death,Sahara with Brooke Shields,Dudikoff's River Of Death,Italian slasher Body Puzzle with Joanna Pacula and now Retroactive plus there's a few random others!

Atomik what was the Couch Trip like was that good fun? I have seen it before but my memory of it has gone out the window!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Same here, warrior but from what i recall The Couch Trip was pretty decent stuff.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched White Hunter Black Heart (1990)

"A thinly fictionalized account of a legendary movie director, whose desire to hunt down an animal turns into a grim situation with his movie crew in Africa." (IMDb)

This movie didn´t do much for me.
The director in question is John Huston and i can see why Clint decided to make this film. He is so much like Huston himself.

I was shocked to see Eastwood with so much dialog because earlier in his career he always thought the less the better.
Usually when Clint talks you better listen but this time also his accent started to annoy me.
The film has it´s moments (Clint tells the truth about Hollywood etc.) but i can totally understand why this movie is somewhat forgotten.

Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men At Work (1990)
Very funny movie. I like it a lot!

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home