iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 49)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double bill of Michael Keaton:

-

"Michael Keaton, Glenn Close, Marisa Tomei, Randy Quaid and Robert Duvall head a star-studded cast in this stop-the-press comedy about a fast-paced, cutthroat, often hilarious world of newspaper journalism."

The Paper (1994)

"From the director of 'City Slickers' comes a comedy about two political speechwriters for the Republican and Democratic candidates in the New Mexico Senatorial election. The writers, Kevin and Julia (Michael Keaton and Geena Davies) meet up one night, unaware of each other's occupation. But when they discover that they are rivals in work, their affair becomes a sharp-witted competition, especially when Kevin's ex-girfriend turns up as a reporter to cover the event."

Speechless (1994)

I enjoyed both movies.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sidekicks (1992)

Great martial arts movie!

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

just been sent this today on blu ray rental - the shadow from 1994 starring alec baldwin,have watched this back upon it's original release but memory of it is very vague so looking forward to a revisit to see what i now think.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

watched - the shadow and found it rather enjoyable and a lot more fun than how i had remembered it.

sort of reminds me in a strange way of big trouble in little china and while it doesn't come anywhere near that john carpenter classic it's still a whole lot of fun and it looks pretty ace on blu ray!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to revisit The Shadow too. I have the dvd and remember liking it.
I also love the 70´s Dennis O´Neil/Michael W. Kaluta The Shadow comics.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Alec Baldwin I feel nails the role of the shadow,he can come across as pretty cool at times and I think no more so than i'd say in Miami blues,I really dig his character in that one.

Quite an underrated actor I'd say!

[ 20. August 2015, 04:21: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"The aliens are coming and their goal is to invade and destroy Earth. Fighting superior technology, mankind's best weapon is the will to survive."

Awesome 90s cheese!

OST

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I've just been notified that this is my next rental coming through the post - sabotage from 1996 starring only the Strong's mark dacascos,Tony Todd (candyman) and Carrie Anne moss from the matrix.

This has just been released here in the UK to blu ray by budget label 101 films,never seen it before but thought I'd give it a go.

Anyone out there ever seen this action thriller from 1996?

[ 05. September 2015, 08:35: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of Sabotage ´96 but i´m interested.
I see that Tibor Takacs is the director and i like his 80s horror flick The Gate and 90s Lamas vehicle Bad Blood aka Viper.
Let us know if it´s any good.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Will do atomik,the gate is awesome,I madman which he directed is pretty great also,never seen bad blood but would like to and would also like to check out - the gate 2.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"School nerd Bill just wants to save the world and to score a date with cheerleader babe Chrissie Schackler. Both become real possibilities when he finds an alcoholic Leprechaun in a beer bottle he was about to recycle.
Wacky hijinks ensue as the leprechaun, Lepkey, messes up a few of the wishes. Can Bill fight off school jock Tony Chanuka and marry Chrissie so they can fulfill their dream of opening a clinic? "IMDb)

Getting Lucky (1990) is ultra low-budget teen sex comedy written and directed by Michael Paul Girard. If you read the plot summary you can see that this is pretty weird and wicked flick.
Bad acting, shower scene, incredibly funny shrinking scene plus few wtf moments. If you´re looking for nice romantic teen film, i have one advice: stay away! [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This 1996 action thriller - sabotage which I watched the other day was actually a pretty enjoyable flick despite featuring an overly complex plot and also very little hand to hand combat with actor and martial artist - mark dacascos which is a pity as the one fight scene he does appear in was really great stuff!

Good cast with Tony todd (candyman) who always makes for a pretty cool villain and Carrie Anne moss as an investigating f.b.I agent with some decent action scenes throughout which feature a serious amount of gunplay.

Tony Todd's villain actually uses a high powered rifle and we get a few bullet pov shots in the style of the excellent 1993 tom berenger flick - sniper though these scenes are obviously done on a much smaller budget and look more comical than anything else,though there still great fun to have in there .

This is actually a pretty entertaining 1 hour 30 minutes or so and the budget blu ray release from 101 films has an OK transfer with a few scenes looking pretty darn good,sound was above average as well with volume levels between dialogue and action scenes being spot on.

I'd like to see 101 films release - angel town https://youtu.be/zW4l7P2aVfU starring Olivier gruner,that would be awesome!

[ 10. September 2015, 10:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

"School nerd Bill just wants to save the world and to score a date with cheerleader babe Chrissie Schackler. Both become real possibilities when he finds an alcoholic Leprechaun in a beer bottle he was about to recycle.
Wacky hijinks ensue as the leprechaun, Lepkey, messes up a few of the wishes. Can Bill fight off school jock Tony Chanuka and marry Chrissie so they can fulfill their dream of opening a clinic? "IMDb)

Getting Lucky (1990) is ultra low-budget teen sex comedy written and directed by Michael Paul Girard. If you read the plot summary you can see that this is pretty weird and wicked flick.
Bad acting, shower scene, incredibly funny shrinking scene plus few wtf moments. If you´re looking for nice romantic teen film, i have one advice: stay away! [Big Grin]

Just checked out the trailer,looks completely bonkers and cheap (troma) but good for a laugh,the artwork reminds me a bit of the old 80s vestron t&a comedies such as wimps,sex appeal etc.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"An altar boy is accused of murdering a priest, and the truth is buried several layers deep."

Primal Fear (1996)

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"A spoof of the late 80s and early 90s suspense thrillers and murder mysteries, including Basic Instinct, Sleeping With The Enemy, Cape Fear and others.
A cop/attorney (yes he's both) is seduced by a woman while his wife is having an affair with a mechanic. Lots of other sublots and visual gags in the style of Naked Gun." (IMDb)

Fatal Instinct (1993) bombed at the US Box Office but i found it actually pretty entertaining film directed by Carl Reiner.
At first, i though that Armand Assante was wrong choice to play the lead character but in the end, he wasn´t that bad.
I love the ladies in this one: Kate Nelligan, Sean Young and Sherilyn Fenn were all great and very easy on the eye.
If you like other early 90s spoofs like Loaded Weapon or the Hot Shots films, check it out!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beavis and Butthead do America. Not as good as the tv show but they still made me laugh. Did you know Demi Moore and Bruce Willis do the voices of a couple characters

[ 17. October 2015, 19:28: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Final Analysis - I had never seen it before - Who the hell wrote that crap? The movie was totally absurd.

Crash, I would love to hear you take on this movie.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"The employees of an independent music store learn about each other as they try anything to stop the store being absorbed by a large chain."

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"Extreme measures are necessary to contain an epidemic of a deadly airborne virus. But how extreme, exactly?"

One of my favourites!  -

OST

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"An American serving in the French Foreign Legion on an archaeological dig at the ancient city of Hamunaptra accidentally awakens a Mummy."

The Mummy (1999)

This is such a fun movie. Rachel Weisz..  -

OST

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"After winning the Olympic gold medal in the Pentathlon, East German Eric Brogar escapes to freedom in the United States.
But his former coach vows revenge. When Eric's sadistic ex-coach finds him, Eric is caught in a deadly game fighting for his life." (IMDb)

Pentathlon (1994) is an entertaining action-drama with some sports thrown in the mix.
Dolph Lundgren is solid and shows his versatility here. It was also nice to see Magnum star Roger E. Mosley in this one.
David Soul plays the villain and is over the top cartoonish. Especially his plans and actions near the end made me laugh.
Decent 90s flick but if you´re looking for pure action you might be disappointed.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the awesome 1990 futuristic action thriller - split second starring the great Rutger hauer and the lovely kim cattrall for the very first time the other night - I seriously enjoyed this one,it's tense,fast paced,funny(the banter between hauer and his partner) and has loads of atmosphere,in short it's 90 minutes of pure fun!

Watched this on the UK 101 films blu ray release (rental) which transfer wise seemed a bit all over the place with the picture being sharp one moment and then soft the next but overall i'd say it was none too bad!

Will definitely be looking at picking this up for purchase at some point,a great flick 8/10.

-

I've got pentathlon on an anchorbay UK blu ray atomik,it's a fun movie and like you say David soul couldn't have acted any more over the top if he tried,his performance was hilarious!

The blu ray for it is not to bad,the picture and sound are both adequate and best of all it was cheap,I picked it up for just under 4 UK pounds.

-

Not one of Dolph's very best but still well worth checking out!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Split Second is pretty good indeed. I remember that there was a Kim Cattrall shower scene in this one... [Wink]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Fast paced and fun 1991 thriller starring denzel Washington,John lithgow and ice t which is directed by Russell mulcahy of highlander fame this high octane thriller hardly lets up!

The fact it's got so much going on in it's 102 minute running time (it's crammed full of violence,action,nudity etc) steers you away from concentrating on how daft the actual plot is.

Great fun! 8/10.

https://youtu.be/PQLxCDvBNd4 - Ricochet trailer (1991).

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ricochet is fantastic, co-written by legendary Fred Dekker!

Watched The Bounty Hunter (1990) which was directed by Robert Ginty.
Of course the 80s legend also stars in this one with another cool fella Bo Hopkins as the evil sheriff.
It was a decent action thriller with a strong message, some action and cool dialog. Nothing special really but check it out if you like the two guys mentioned.

-

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home