iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
El Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon A Time In Mexico - Great trilogy although the last one isn't quite as good as the first two for me.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FEAR (1996)... Really enjoyed this film , It stars Mark 'Markey Mark' Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon.
Reese plays a 16 yr old who has just hooked up with her mr perfect (Marky), but he ends up being an absolute Psychopath. Well worth seeing.

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fear is a cool flick!
William "Gil Grissom" Petersen plays the father.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 3 and 4. I liked 3, the 4th was pathetic.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mannequin: On the Move (1991)

- Not really a sequel to Mannequin (only one actor from the first flick, Meshach Taylor)
but basicly the same idea here.
Directed by Stewart Raffill (The Philadelphia Experiment)

This was actually not that bad, there´s still some 80s style silliness to enjoy.
William Ragsdale and Kristy Swanson are ok at best
but hey it´s a no brainer plot anyway.

Some very 80s like tunes on the soundtrack too.

Gene Miller: Wake Up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BeooW34JvQ

-

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Last Outlaw was really good. Thanks for those tips Jay [Smile]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your welcome [Smile]

The Mickster in the wild west, rocking a mean trucker moustache.... can't go wrong with that!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Across the Tracks (1991)

- This was ok sports drama.
Starring Rick Schroder and Brad Pitt.

-

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A PERFECT MURDER (1998)

with gwyneth paltrow and michael douglas.

i had never seen it before,..caught it on the bravo channel this morning. not bad.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
A PERFECT MURDER (1998)

i had never seen it before,..caught it on the bravo channel this morning. not bad.

I certainly have, Ronnie. I saw A Perfect Murder at the cinema when it came out. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A PERFECT MURDER (1998)

Love that one Ronnie, but if you want to see an even better Michael Douglas movie from the 90's....check out The Game, 1997:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119174/

-

Starts off slow, but gets GREAT. Brilliant movie. Sean Penn does a nice job in this one too. This is actually one of my faves from the 90's period.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
quote:
A PERFECT MURDER (1998)

Love that one Ronnie, but if you want to see an even better Michael Douglas movie from the 90's....check out The Game, 1997:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119174/

-

Starts off slow, but gets GREAT. Brilliant movie. Sean Penn does a nice job in this one too. This is actually one of my faves from the 90's period.

The Game has an Australian actor in it, Deborah Kara Unger. She plays Christine. [Wink]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for reminding me! i had seen the beginning of THE GAME a while back and kept telling myself i want to finish this movie.

spoiler*******
i think i watched it up to the part where he came home and found a clown in his parkway lol

but yes i want to see that one, for it has been recommended to me several times!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6519

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Author's Homepage   Email Let_The_Wind_Erase_Me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never Been Kissed 1999
Posts: 25 | From: Northren Ireland | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Impulse (1990)

- This was a decent cop thriller directed by Sondra Locke.
Starring Theresa Russell, Jeff Fahey and George Dzundza.

-

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LIONHEART aka LION THE STREET FIGHTER aka A.W.O.L. aka WRONG BET... geeez, how many titles does a movie need?!

-

The muscles from Brussels, hustles and tussles as an awol legionaire in the underground street fighting circuit of L.A. Oddly enough, I remembered the fights being better, and the story and acting being worse. It was the other way around, actually. One of JCVD's better acting performances, but the fight choreo was underwhelming.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Villiage of The Damned (1995)

Not a patch on the original. 5/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
White Sands - Eh, a bit dull really. I only really woke up during the Mickey moments [Razz]
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Told ya' [Smile]
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know whats a hoot, aTomiK? Meshach Taylor is a dead ringer for Whitney Houston on that MANNEQUIN 2 cover art! LMAO! I STILL havent seen that sequel.

I rented AMITYVILLE DOLLHOUSE and it was just as "good" as the title would have you think!
This movie came out in the late 90s but I had just heard about it a few weeks ago. Wow. They really are running out of ways to make AMITYVILLE sequels when they have to make a DOLLHOUSE one. I believe they made one about an evil LAMP too, but I missed that one. Sucker for punishment - Im sure I'll rent it ONE day!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
SAVIOR 1998

-

Probably one of the best (and most brutal) movies I've seen about the Balkan conflict (along with Harrison's Flowers). Really heavy viewing, but a great movie. Probably one of, if not THE best performance i've seen from Dennis Quaid!

[ 17. November 2009, 08:23: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sounds interesting JAY LEE.
I just might get this one.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephen King's Sleepwalkers, 1992:

-

Love this movie!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Sounds interesting JAY LEE.
I just might get this one.

You really should. It is a truly powerful film. im not ashamed to say that I get a lump in my throat, when I watch this movie... and that takes a lot, believe me. Half of the people I recommended this too, either couldn't finish it, or were crying like babies at the end. It's pretty rough viewing. But a great and underrated movie about a largely forgotten war.

[ 18. November 2009, 09:19: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home