iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Favorite movies from the 90's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Favorite movies from the 90's
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quite the range for me on this one, spanning...

Resivour Dogs
Edward Scissorhands
Waterworld
War of The Roses
To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything Julie Newmark
American History X
Clerks
12 Monkeys
Bio Dome
Powder

and that's just to name a few.

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...I know after I write this I will want to change it...

1. Dumb and Dumber...I could recite this movie word for word
2. Forrest Gump
3. Braveheart
4. Goodfella's
5. Matrix
6. Contact
7. Pulp Fiction
8. Seven
9. Silence of the Lambs
10. Interview with a Vampire
11. Usual Suspects
12. The 6th Sense
13. American History X

The list could go on and on and on.....and on

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great lists above. Dumb and Dumber is near the top of my all time favorite comedies. The bathroom scene is priceless.

I probably have more knowledge in 90's movies than 80's movies....believe it or not.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

The bathroon scene is awesome. But for me it is this part...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPKV_lKRew&feature=related

I can't help but laugh, even though I have seen it a thousand times.

| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha... I forgot about the part where he bites his "package"...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one....also love the Mockingbird song in the van. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

I like where he puts his heart in a doggy bag! I giggle every time.
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dumb and Dumber is by far the funniest movie ever. I have never laughed so hard so many times at any movie!! Classic 10 outta 10!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda long

Contact
My Cousin Vinny
Sneakers
The Game
Pump Up The Volume
Broken Arrow
Reality Bites
Goodfellas
Silence of the Lambs
Dazed and Confused
True Romance
Se7en
The Usual Suspects
Home Alone 1
Home Alone 2
Men in Black
Rookie of the Year
Batman Returns
Free Willy
Independence Day
The Rocketeer
Face/Off
The Matrix
Clerks
Scream
Mallrats
While You Were Sleeping
Scent Of A Woman
There's Something About Mary
Terminator 2
The Fugitive
Ghost
The Bodyguard
Pretty Woman
It Could Happen to You
The Night we Never Met
Toy Story
Groundhog Day
Dumb and Dumber
Edward Scissorhands
The Sixth Sense
Clueless
Sleepless in Seattle
Jurassic Park
American Pie
She's All That
Beauty and The Beast
Big Daddy
The Wedding Singer
Never Been Kissed
Dark City
10 Things I hate about you
The Mask
Waynes World
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead
Liar Lair
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dogfight
Everafter
Can't Hardly Wait
Water Boy

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Wood
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Ed Wood

Oh yeah, brilliant film, how could I forget! [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
quote:
Ed Wood

Oh yeah, brilliant film, how could I forget! [Smile]
Oh don't worry. Lots of people love it but it doesn't leap to mind right away in these situations. It's my favourite movie of the 90's for a million reasons but mainly two.. Johnny and Martin Landeau's amazing chemistry, and Tim Burton's wonderful take on Hollywood 1950's style..
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
A little movie from 1990 that I like a lot but have not yet got in my collection is, Taking Care Of Business, with Jim Belushi and Charles Grodin. Anyone seen it??
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mane1980....I have seen every movie on your list. Ton of good ones.

Taking Care of Business....in a word, Awesome!

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Mane1980....I have seen every movie on your list. Ton of good ones.

Taking Care of Business....in a word, Awesome!

All right!! My man!!
saturnchick
Master Rewinder
Member # 7524

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for saturnchick   Email saturnchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
First Wives Club
The Ice Storm
The Big Lebowski
Scream
Three Kings
The Fugitive
Pretty Woman
Dazed and Confused
Run Lola Run
Clueless
The Matrix
Before Sunrise
The Sixth Sense
The Insider
Titanic
Good Will Hunting
Resevior Dogs
Girl, Interrupted
Dead Again
Fargo
Goodfellas
Apollo 13

Posts: 339 | From: New York City | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I need to add The Jackal to my list:

-

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I need to add The Jackal to my list:

-

Let me just say, this is a good movie, but.... and it's a big but....

Richard Gere.....

WORST IRISH ACCENT EVER!!!!........Official..

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooooohhhhhh, it was an "Irish" accent... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Ooooooohhhhhh, it was an "Irish" accent... [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ibelieve that was what he was shooting for yes. Came off more like a Welsh man giving his favourite sheep some TLC.. EEEWWWWWWWW......

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offense, but That Jackal movie sucks ***, compared to the old original. Now THAT is a good movie. One of my favourite hitman movies!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
No offense, but That Jackal movie sucks ***, compared to the old original. Now THAT is a good movie. One of my favourite hitman movies!

Never saw the original....I'll have to check it out if it's better.
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A little movie from 1990 that I like a lot but have not yet got in my collection is, Taking Care Of Business, with Jim Belushi and Charles Grodin. Anyone seen it??

Yep good one! Also Mr. Destiny with Jim Belushi & Beethoven & Before Sunrise

[ 29. November 2008, 22:35: Message edited by: Mane1980 ]

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antwuan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7763

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Antwuan   Email Antwuan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boyz N The Hood
Menace To Society
Dumb and Dumber
House Party
Scream
Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
Juice
Above The Rim
The Wood
Friday
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
Halloween H20

Posts: 67 | From: Decatur,GA | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRSMMaiden
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7789

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TRSMMaiden   Email TRSMMaiden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy choice for me, it does not get any better than Natural Born Killers (my humble opinion...) that is my number 1.

Others I would mention as all time favorite as well

Flashback,
Wild at Heart (my fav Nicolas Cage film),
White Men Can't Jump,
Kingpin,
Flatliners,
American History X,
From Dusk Till Dawn,
Twelve Monkeys,
The Vanishing,
Falling Down.

Posts: 13 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home